• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Oh My God :o
I just tried adding up my yearly salaries... All of them. 24 years in total, full time, and I came to the conclusion that I've earned in total roughly 7 mil SEK, which is about $700K....
I've got gray beard and is almost seeing the retirement looming on the horizon. And he's just a kid, playing games all day long.
Life isn't fair. :s

Lol! Yea dude was already set before this. The "influencer" craze on social media is crazy these days. To top it off I think Ninja has his own merchandise, he has a large following on YouTube as well, etc. So he was already making bank. Crazy.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's honestly more console wars then twitch fanboys. If Mixer was a Sony owned streaming service these threads would have gone A LOT different the past few days.
This is nothing about who owns what. I'd be more than happy if this made ninja disappear because of things he's done. So until real numbers are out, nobody really knows how this will pan out.

Jul 15, 2019
It's honestly more console wars then twitch fanboys. If Mixer was a Sony owned streaming service these threads would have gone A LOT different the past few days.
No. We would rather our platform that we invested in when we bought the console to put more effort and money towards new great games rather than pay a streamer to play mediocre service games. That being said, mixer really isn't going anywhere and this move will have overall little impact.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No.
You pay to subscribe. You sub to ppl you want to support and get chat icons and be part of the streamers community. Anyone can watch for free. But if you sub you might get to play games with them or something like that (streamers as big as ninja don't usually do that).
Ah that's alright then :) thanks for the info

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
I have a question about this platform. Do I need to sign in for the streams to display properly? I just clicked on a livestream and the size of the stream just shrank to about 1/10th of the screen

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Also, if we look at this from a more broad industry perspective, this is also an attack on Google and Amazon. Microsoft doesn't have a video platform like those other two companies have. Next generation streaming will be a more important part of the gaming landscape. Having a decent platform like YouTube or Twitch will be crucial in this.

Microsoft is trying to get at least some marketshare in this area. Amazon and Google will have a big advantage in pushing their streaming services with the marketshare they've got. We've seen the YouTube-integration at the Stadia conference. If Amazon launches their streaming service, you'll see the same happen with Twitch. That's Microsofts biggest weakness. They've got more content than Google and Amazon. But they don't have the reach those other two tech giants have.

I have a question about this platform. Do I need to sign in for the streams to display properly? I just clicked on a livestream and the size of the stream just shrank to about 1/10th of the screen

No. Do you have a link to the stream? Maybe it was because of the MixPlay options. It's an interactive layer above the video which you can use to spend embers and interact with the streamer.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Lol! Yea dude was already set before this. The "influencer" craze on social media is crazy these days. To top it off I think Ninja has his own merchandise, he has a large following on YouTube as well, etc. So he was already making bank. Crazy.
Lol yup even though it's free subs we're talking about crazy numbers, 500k subscribers in one day is nuts.To continue compare things to my sorry self, I have 8 free subscribers on youtube :}

Seriously though, it would've been smarter to do this a week before the Halo release but I still think this will turn out to be a good thing in the end, for MS and their games and obviously Mixer.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
No. Do you have a link to the stream? Maybe it was because of the MixPlay options. It's an interactive layer above the video which you can use to spend embers and interact with the streamer.

https://mixer.com/SonicHugs This is it.

Oh it was that Mixplay thing, thanks. I just clicked on "Mixplay Options" and the screen suddenly became normal. Well, that was slightly annoying that it was the default instead of something I could choose to toggle on.

Last edited:

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
https://mixer.com/SonicHugs This is it.

Oh it was that Mixplay thing, thanks. I just clicked on "Mixplay Options" and the screen suddenly became normal. Well, that was slightly annoying that it was the default instead of something I could choose to toggle on.

MixPlay shouldn't turn the screen to 1/10th the size. It should reduce it, but not by that much.

There are games that have Mixer interactivity, which you can use to interact with the game while the streamer is playing. Like in Deep Rock Galactic you are able to spawn enemies in the dungeons the streamer is fighting in.

The_Land

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
No. We would rather our platform that we invested in when we bought the console to put more effort and money towards new great games rather than pay a streamer to play mediocre service games. That being said, mixer really isn't going anywhere and this move will have overall little impact.
Well then you must be living under a rock the past 3 years then with all the money that MS has invested in it's first party. Keep that "concern" going though!

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Embarrassing post

Sincerest

Jan 22, 2018
There are no twitch fanboys. Only MS haters.

Going through the Mixer hate posts all over again, you guys are right. This is probably even worse.

Is this how they are with other company owned branch Suite Applications, like MS Word?

And this is because of an opposing gaming division? That's so crazy and bizzare to me, it makes no sense.

Oct 27, 2017
The real battle next gen is a fight for exclusive rights to popular streamers.

"Google lands tfue and and tyler1 to exclusive stream on YouTube for Fortnite and League of Legends respectively! They will also be playing and promoting the latest games on Stadia."

"DrDisrespect and Shroud get exclusive contracts with Twitch."

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
God forbid that MS makes a smart business move and sees success from it.

This has nothing to do with xbox really. It's a mixer move to set them up against youtube, google and twitch.

It's like being pissed off because Sony paid a musician to join sony music because that money could have been spent on more triple A games.

:/

Jul 15, 2019
User Banned (2 Weeks): Inflammatory Commentary; Prior Ban for Similar Behavior; Account in Junior Phase
Well then you must be living under a rock the past 3 years then with all the money that MS has invested in it's first party. Keep that "concern" going though!
They've been saying for years that they've been investing in first party.. yet all we get is gamepass rubbish and more service games. Results speak louder than words (Phil Spencer is a known liar and a scum of the gaming industry). Let's wait again and see what happens.. lol

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
The real battle next gen is a fight for exclusive rights to popular streamers.

"Google lands tfue and and tyler1 to exclusive stream on YouTube for Fortnite and League of Legends respectively! They will also be playing and promoting the latest games on Stadia."

"DrDisrespect and Shroud get exclusive contracts with Twitch."

Oh, certainly.

The_Land

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
They've been saying for years that they've been investing in first party.. yet all we get is gamepass rubbish and more service games. Results speak louder than words (Phil Spencer is a known liar and a scum of the gaming industry). Let's wait again and see what happens.. lol
Oh wow! So much anger/ hostility and console wars in one post! Like I said you have obviously not been paying attention to anything MS has done the past few years.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Guys, the report button exists for a reason.

Everyone can have a bias towards one side, but outright console warring is embarrassing.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018

Uh, dude... what?

I mean even disregarding your blatant hostility (which is seriously weird btw) MS have doubled their first party studios in number just recently.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God forbid that MS makes a smart business move and sees success from it.

This has nothing to do with xbox really. It's a mixer move to set them up against youtube, google and twitch.

It's like being pissed off because Sony paid a musician to join sony music because that money could have been spent on more triple A games.

:/
Nobody knows if this really is a smart business decision, it's increased traffic for the moment but we don't know how it's going to end up. Mixer is a really good streaming service so hopefully it will help but I'd also be happy for ninja to lose most of his audience.

Deleted member 34725

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Good, I hope that competition makes Twitch step shit up for the viewers and the streamers. If Mixer ends up being better than Twitch, so be it.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nobody knows if this really is a smart business decision, it's increased traffic for the moment but we don't know how it's going to end up. Mixer is a really good streaming service so hopefully it will help but I'd also be happy for ninja to lose most of his audience.
I guess this is the reality of forums, some just seem to find something new every day to try and discourage. Ninja has a huge following, nobody is forcing you to watch him.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

This is so unhealthy.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
I guess this is the reality of forums, some just seem to find something new every day to try and discourage. Ninja has a huge following, nobody is forcing you to watch him.

Yeah... One of my biggest gripes with this forum is that too many people here love seeing others down, let alone up.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah... One of my biggest gripes with this forum is that too many people here love seeing others down, let alone up.
It's endless and it's usually the same people who just seem to either thrive on negativity or try and discourage others from support X or Y. The thing is if we look deep enough I'm sure we can find something that isn't the most encouraging regardless of the developer or platform holder or celebrity.

This is so unhealthy.

Of course it is and I guess that is the narrative some choose to pursue.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Rubbish post.

Edit - good to see it's been taken care of. Enjoy
This is so unhealthy.
It's amazing some of the stuff you read on here. I would think such posts would come from spoiled and entitled little kids. Such a selfish/jealous post.

Last edited:

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't support him but he refused to steam with woman, so I'd rather see him go away.
This is so unhealthy.
nope, I don't hate him but i have criticzed him constantly for it and I'm dissapointed that people support him after that.

Last edited:

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I don't support him but he refused to steam with woman, so I'd rather see him go away.
nope, I don't hate him but i have criticzed him constantly for it and I'm dissapointed that people support him after that.

You do know he's streamed with women since then correct? He made a stupid comment for sure, but he's since corrected his mistake.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018

He stated his reasons. If he prioritizes his family and the health of his relationship with his wife over other things, then I have no problem with that. Family comes first.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018

You can hope he gets the education or learn to see why his stance is illogical and unwise. Seems a lot more wholesome reaction than wishing doom and disaster on him.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He stated his reasons. If he prioritizes his family and the health of his relationship with his wife over other things, then I have no problem with that. Family comes first.
He's the biggest streamer in the world and how he portrayed it was family but he gave in to the toxicity of his chat. He could have handled it way better especially regarding fixing the toxicity and didn't. It negatively affected female steamers and ninja for a pass for it.
You can hope he gets the education or learn to see why his stance is illogical and unwise. Seems a lot more wholesome reaction than wishing doom and disaster on him.
I don't wish doom and disaster on him, he's a rich man that can do whatever he wants but that doesn't mean I have to support or think his decision is a good thing or a positive thing for streaming.
You do know he's streamed with women since then correct? He made a stupid comment for sure, but he's since corrected his mistake.
if he has then great and that's a step in the right direction.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He's the biggest streamer in the world and how he portrayed it was family but he gave in to the toxicity of his chat. He could have handled it way better especially regarding fixing the toxicity and didn't. It negatively affected female steamers and ninja for a pass for it.
I don't wish doom and disaster on him, he's a rich man that can do whatever he wants but that doesn't mean I have to support or think his decision is a good thing or a positive thing for streaming.
if he has then great and that's a step in the right direction.

You just said you want most of his audience to go away. That would essentially spell doom for his future and doom and gloom for the Mixer deal. Every day you seem to want to pick a fight with someone.

The_Land

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
What an embarrassing post. I hope Ninja ends up a billionaire just for the salt mounds.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You just said you want most of his audience to go away. That would essentially spell doom for his future and doom and gloom for the Mixer deal. Every day you seem to want to pick a fight with someone.
Everyday you want to troll someone, he's a millionaire and him losing his audience isn't going to do anything to him.

Oct 27, 2017
The article says his Twitch subs were at 15,000. Is that a typo? It said his max was 250,000 has he really dropped that far?

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

You wanna see gaming side Era at its worst, bring up successful gamers or streamers. They'll find the smallest crack in their facade and just claw at it, endlessly, hoping that the rest of Era will agree with them. Any thought that these streamers / gamer whoever are actually humans is gone.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Ballmer didn't pay Kawhi and George $250 million because they look good in Clipper red, billionaires pay out that kind of money to put asses in seats.

Shrewd investment by MS.

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
The article says his Twitch subs were at 15,000. Is that a typo? It said his max was 250,000 has he really dropped that far?

He only streamed a few days a week. The stream game is hard, if you take anytime off you lose subs. Theres a reason these guys and gals go 7 days a week 8-12 hours a day. Anytime you aren't live you are losing money.

When he exploded they were giving an exclusive skin to twitch prime members AND he was streaming 12+ hours everyday. He exploded beyond streaming and went mainstream. Even missing 1 day can cost a streamer 10s of thousands when they're the size of Ninja.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You wanna see gaming side Era at its worst, bring up successful gamers or streamers. They'll find the smallest crack in their facade and just claw at it, endlessly, hoping that the rest of Era will agree with them. Any thought that these streamers / gamer whoever are actually humans is gone.
That's not even remotely true, there's just as much positive for some just like there's negative for others but it's not all one way or another.

Yeah all your posts are trolling, you've proven that constantly in every thread you post in.

Oct 27, 2017
He only streamed a few days a week. The stream game is hard, if you take anytime off you lose subs. Theres a reason these guys and gals go 7 days a week 8-12 hours a day. Anytime you aren't live you are losing money.

When he exploded they were giving an exclusive skin to twitch prime members AND he was streaming 12+ hours everyday. He exploded beyond streaming and went mainstream. Even missing 1 day can cost a streamer 10s of thousands when they're the size of Ninja.

Yeah I know it's a tough and fickle market but that's beyond even my expectations. Sounds like he made a savvy move here.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I would be hesitant to make any declarations on whether this deal was good or bad for Mixer based on one day's data.

If we get to the stage whereby in six/twelve months people start mentioning Mixer alongside Twitch when talking about game streaming, then that would be a very good sign that the money was well spent.