• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
Until there are more details, I don't care about this at all. I'd rather they improve their current service.

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
Good. Offering a higher tier service means Nintendo understands how their current offering is severely lacking.

Give me feature parity with PS Now/Xbox Live and I would be happy paying $50-$60 per year with the service, especially if it comes with a greatly increased virtual console library (SNES, N64, GBA, etc).
To be feature parity with the other two they would need to give away two Switch games per month.

TheZodiacAge

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Well the regular one made money for them with what seems really low effort from what you read.

Now they want to find out how much further they can go and how much they can charge.
Everyone would do that.

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
It's a rumor but I wouldn't be surprised, this company knows really well how to squeeze juice from their fans.

Colloco

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
florida

🤔

Any other Japanese speaking folks online to check? IIRC NE mistranslated something else very recently

giphy.gif

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
They want more money. I can't fault them. Provide us with the same basic infrastructure as XBL/PSN and we are in business.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
lol Nintendo Online isn't even worth the $20, I can't imagine what they would add that could justify a higher price.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
HAAAAAA good one nintendo. How about you make your 20 dollar service worth 20 dollars before trying to charge us more?

Deleted member 3758

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So much money left on the table lol

That boost is kind of proportionate with the number of consoles in customer's hands in 2017 vs. 2018 in Q3, no?

Like, how much can be attributed to the launch of the paid online service? Everything is lumped together with digital games & DLC.

Nintendo isn't boasting subscription numbers by itself. No one has a clue how many people subscribed or how long they've subscribed for? (1 month, 3 month, 12 month).

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
Maybe this time it will have the features missing from the current one.

Ho fuck who am I kidding, it will probably just be snes games for another 20 bucks.

cucholix

Oct 30, 2017
So much money left on the table lol

honestly think Nintendo underestimate that NSO could reach that volume, but they can't go back and ask for a higher price thus this "premium" shit. Also NSO family plan is easily exploitable so they definitely left alot money on the table, I bet they regret the family plan and the NSO low pricing.

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"People talked... we listened. Introducing in-console voice chat, text chat, party system, achievements, and a growing classic games collection from Nintendo systems up to the Wii, for just... 59.99. Reggie out."

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You CAN compare it to XBL and PS+ because they are console services. You can't expect the same features for 3x less price is what I was saying about peoples comparison.

When people compare NSO to PS+ and XBLG they aren't talking about the free* games, discounts etc. just basic stuff like a proper voice chat solution, friend/party management and messages on the device and not through a clunky smartphone app. Like really basic shit that was free on the Vita for example.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
I'd check the translation but I guess the full article is locked behind a paywall.

Starphanluke

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 15, 2017
I can also say from my reading of the article that it doesn't sound like a new service. They seem to indicate Nintendo will bolster the existing one.

Yep

Dec 14, 2017
Serious question, but people keep asking for dedicated servers but is there dedicated servers on other platforms? Aren't servers provided by the game developpers?
Never saw anyone blaming Sony or Namco when SF5 and DBFZ online were a mess at launch, what is the difference now?

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
i think everyone wants a cheaper online only tier versus the more expensive tier with games and cloud storage, etc. (on all platforms not just specifically talking bout N)

qq more

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, if it's just adding stuff to the existing plan that's perfectly fine. Really hope this is just a NE mistranslation.
Starting to think NintendoEverything are not very good with accurate translation if this is another mistranslation of theirs. Because I swear it's been kinda common with them, especially with Sakurai's column translations.

Last edited:

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Title needs updated or the thread needs rebooted. Otherwise all we are going to get is hot takes about how they arent improving the current version of online.

Status
Not open for further replies.