• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's broken? I get that people want messaging and voice chat and shit, but doesn't make it broken. It just doesn't exist. What it has works just fine. It just doesn't have much.
Their online sucks ass and missing basic features, that are included in the competitors service while demanding money for this is just broken shit

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018
Would gladly pay 5-10 a year more for virtual console. Even though $20 is basically an impulse, the current online is an absolute ripoff. If they're going to up the price they should only increase it by a very small amount and they should be adding A LOT of value to be worth it.

If it's only SNES, lol. Goodbye.

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
This could be decent if at least they let you opt out certain platforms.

Like if you want only SNES games you can pay only for those, instead of paying for the whole thing.

cucholix

Oct 30, 2017
They should show a capable robust online system first with the current model, no one will fall again with the same bullshit.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
The ZhugeEX chart for Nintendo's digital sales showed a huge boost for Nintendo Online, so I wonder if that emboldened them.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Hopefully it's a Virtual Console subscription service with games from NES to GameCube and from Gameboy to DS. I'd subscribe to that if it's cheaper than Gamepass ($5 a month is reasonable, I think). Nintendo should be focused on fixing the service they already have, though.
If they can do as on switch they could make 3ds work too.

Though I'd prefer remaster for 3ds games and not emulation

Kid icarus uprising hd please.

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
I won't doom the proposition before the proposition is proposed.

So, until then, that's good news, right?

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck you Nintendo. First fix your shitty online system before thinking of adding 'premium' features.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I believe you're incorrect about that. They talked about the idea of adding more but never confirmed or promised anything.

They originally announced at the Switch launch event that NES & SNES games would be part of the service when it launched.
But they also said you would be able to send invites and set play appointments via the shit phone app so it's several things they've failed to deliver on in regards to online

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
It more than likely n64 & GameCube games, anyone that thought they were getting them for the price they charge at the moment was crazy.

Mark H

Oct 27, 2017
If this is a separate subscription model for VC games independent from their online service, then I think it will actually work out.
If it's tied to online then yeah, fix that shit first.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I would only consider this if it includes N64, GBA and DS or some variation there of. Can't imagine subscribing for SNES games.

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
It can only really be more games or maybe discounts or something. I don't see how they can add things like messaging or actual voice/party chat etc because how does that work with someone who isn't a subscriber. That would be dumb.

I can see SNES games and possibly indie games being included. If there is any improvement to actual online play/setup etc, I'd think that will come to regular NSO as well.

Kidgalactus

Oct 30, 2017
Orlando
Why's everyone assume they're talking about virtual console stuff?

Could be stuff like dedicated servers for some games, integrated voice chat and/or skins/themes

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's not a bad idea, but they won't get away with it* unless the enthusiast online service is up to scratch.

*they absolutely will

banter

Jan 12, 2018
I want dedicated servers for more stable online play on Smash, Mario Tennis Aces,... the lag is unbearable and Nintendo can do better than this since they did already a better job with other titles. (ARMS and to some extent Splatoon)

It's a matter of investing money on something they should have done so many years ago, and set quality standards for the online experience.
You want all the things from other providers while paying 3x less, got it.

Their online sucks ass and missing basic features, that are included in the competitors service while demanding money for this is just broken shit
See above.
It's not broken but it is hardly feature complete for a paid online system in 2019.
You're comparing "feature complete" to something that costs 3x more though.

I understand the frustration of the lack of features as I want them too, but I also am fully aware that I'm paying 3x less so I shouldn't expect the same amount of features. As for lag, play games online on my switch very regularly and rarely ever have even the slightest lag. And no, I don't have super fast internet (100mbs).

Status
Not open for further replies.