• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Well?

• 👍

Votes: 898 78.0%
  • 👎

Votes: 254 22.0%

• Total voters

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I would love it if they made a version where you can adjust the tension via an app.

Mirado

Jul 7, 2020
For once I actually like the look and am all for products that add accessibly, but won't the backs where you step to take them off get dirty as hell? The all black version would be less susceptible, but the lighter colors will wind up looking nasty even quicker then they usually do if you literally have to step on the heels.

My parents always used to yell at me for being lazy and doing exactly that to take my shoes off, and I find it hilarious that's now considered working as intended.

Banderdash

Chicken Chaser
Nov 16, 2017
Australia
I can see this being popular with health care professionals... nikes are already popular with nurses because of how light they are.

I wonder how well the mechanism holds up...

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Thought they would look hideous, but I actually love them haha

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Really not a fan of the design but its cool that they are trying something new.

Makeno

Dec 4, 2018
Looks like someone stepping on my heel will reveal my hole ridden socks with ease.

Deleted member 4874

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm intrigued because after suffering multiple strokes, I think these may be something my father would benefit from owning.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty dope, but they'll probably be hard to get, super expensive and break easily. I'm intrigued though

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Why are we acting like Nike hasn't made slip-on sneakers for decades? Oh, because they can now charge $200 instead of $50 and they'll break in three months.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
I'd cop if it were $300 max, but it's not at all going to be anywhere near that price. Cool, though.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Make some that are affordable and available for people with accessibility issues and I'll consider supporting the product.

resultant

Banned
Nov 3, 2020
Parts Unknown
I worked at multiple boutique shoe retailers during college, so I just wanted to chime in and say these have been a thing for a long time. Pretty decent ones are made by the brand Kizik and they aren't going to end up on Grailed for six times the price.

If you have a family member that is young enough that they care about looking "hip" but have issue getting their shoes on I do recommend them, though you still have to get them off with a bit more force than elderly folks are generally capable of, in my experience.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Not big fan of the clear, white, yellow color but I like the idea.

We take our shoes off in the house, so I see the appeal to this. I usually use a shoe horn or the tabs on the shoes.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
I guess I don't get it. I can do this with any of my shoes and have always been able to. What makes these special besides being flimsy and ugly?

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Will definitely grab. I have a pair of these UNVRS Flyease and they're really nice on top of the accessibility features.

nike-zoom-unvrs.jpg

nike-zoom-universe-unvrs-flyease-purple-2.jpg
nike-zoom-universe-unvrs-flyease-purple-10.jpg

I've never seen these before but kind of love them

Are they comfy?

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Neat concept, although I've been wearing different pairs of Merrell Mocs (probably the least fashionable shoe out there but hey) for over a decade and they're easy to put on and take off with no hands. They're also comfortable as hell.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Are we really that lazy that we want to be able to put on our shoes without touching them with our hands?
I literally could have used these days ago when I had to take my shoes off numerous times because I kept having to go back in the house due to requests or forgetting something before heading out. These would have made doing so infinitely easier than needing to retie my shoe for the fourth time. Also I have a habit of removing my shoes like they do in the gif, but instead I ruin the heal portion of my shoe because of it. This having a way that your not rubbing your shoe up against the back of the other one will help prevent wear and tear over time. I'm down for them.

Last edited:

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
100$ is probably the most id pay for these.

I'm not a sneakerhead, and I don't really care about shoes, but these are cool.

dhlt25

Oct 27, 2017
I'm down for a pair. I hate tying shoe laces and they are a pain in the butt in asia where you have to take off your shoes like 10 times a day

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I've never seen these before but kind of love them

Are they comfy?
They run a bit narrow and took a bit to break in on my left foot (right was perfectly snug), but they're my go tos now. Had no issues on court with them at all, too. Will probably try to snag another pair once lockdown lifts out here in the UK since I last saw them at my local Nike outlet. Initially grabbed my purple pair in LA last year, but totally worth it for the uniqueness and feel.