• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus christ 90 percent of yall in this thread dont know shit about shoes. Stay in your lane and tie up them team jordans and no name 6 stripe shoes you wearing

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa

That's hilarious. I'm 40 and will NEVER wear "dad shoes." Air Max 1's for me... used to wear the louder/crazier colorways, but now feel a bit too old for that. Just bought these the other week:

nike-air-max-1-white-blue-orange-ah8145-112-1.jpg

On topic, these N64-inspired 97's are cool. Not sure why so many are down on them...

Cream Stout

Oct 28, 2017
That's hilarious. I'm 40 and will NEVER wear "dad shoes." Air Max 1's for me... used to wear the louder/crazier colorways, but now feel a bit too old for that. Just bought these the other week:

nike-air-max-1-white-blue-orange-ah8145-112-1.jpg

On topic, these N64-inspired 97's are cool. Not sure why so many are down on them...

i dunno, that thick sole makes those look pretty dad-shoe

Shoon

Dec 25, 2017
Honestly, I've been wearing Adidas NMDs and Ultraboost for years, but I've recently tried on the new Antetokounmpo Nikes and I remember why I don't go for Nike anymore... Adidas are just so much more comfortable.

Despite this, I can't lie.. Nike have some of the dopest looks visually, for their sneakers but Adidas I find, is so much better for the more "Sleek-er" looking shoe.

These shoes are straight fire though

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
If anyone is interested, you easily make you own 'Sonic' themed trainer by simply standing in the nearest dog turd.

Cream Stout

Oct 28, 2017
Let me guess you only wear dress shoes and converses?

i do own two pairs of converses :)
i also have some cp3 VIIIs
some john wall zigtech reeboks (though i haven't worn them in years)
i have some speedo watershoes for swimming
i do wear dress shoes as well, for formal occasions
i have some reebok zprint run in all black
i have a pair of all teal/turquoise (idk) new balances that probably border on dad shoe

why do you assume i only wear dress shoes and converse?

APizzaPie

Oct 27, 2017
Those are some ugly ass sneakers right there. Shouldn't there be more black considering that was the color of the console?

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I know the N64 had grey controllers, but I always think of "black" and/or the colors of the logo when I think of the N64

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Shoe gatekeeping, like any gatekeeping, is lol

It's ok if people think these look like dad shoes. The world won't end.

Deleted member 4093

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i do own two pairs of converses :)
i also have some cp3 VIIIs
some john wall zigtech reeboks (though i haven't worn them in years)
i have some speedo watershoes for swimming
i do wear dress shoes as well, for formal occasions
i have some reebok zprint run in all black
i have a pair of all teal/turquoise (idk) new balances that probably border on dad shoe

why do you assume i only wear dress shoes and converse?
Because if its not a dress shoes or flats like converse and vans they gon have a thick sole (I guess random basket ball and swiming shoes as well). Look at any retro J's thats not the 1s

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
i will admit, that is a better angle and gives it a less thick look. but if you take off the nike swoosh it still gives me dad payless shoe vibes. please dont take this as personal or an attack on your style though, just my observation

Oh, I'm not sensitive about it. These are the first Air Max shoe ever released (1987), so they don't have a modern look. They just still put them out in all kinds of materials and colorways. I don't think I've ever seen a pair that say "dad shoe," but opinions and everything ;)

MangoUltz

Mar 24, 2019
Theres a great clash here of people into sneakers and people not into sneakers. They look good, but not for me

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This whole dad sneakers conversation has reminded me once again that's Era is full of old people who don't realise they're old.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Not seeing the N64, but okay. It looks more like a mash of the 64 and PlayStation if it's anything, but it just looks more like a 90s color scheme, albeit a little out of time with itself. By the later 90s we were wearing all black shit, like my Shaqs.

ASTROID2

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If you didn't tell me they were supposed to be N64 inspired I wouldn't have noticed. It doesn't look N64 inspired at all.

PinballRJ

Oct 25, 2017
The same people buying these throwback sneakers are the ones that didn't like the music in the MK 11 trailer

Cream Stout

Oct 28, 2017
Because if its not a dress shoes or flats like converse and vans they gon have a thick sole (I guess random basket ball and swiming shoes as well). Look at any retro J's thats not the 1s

i think it's more the style of the thick sole, than just being thick i guess for me. but hey, we all got styles we enjoy :)

Deleted member 4093

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This whole dad sneakers conversation has reminded me once again that's Era is full of old people who don't realise they're old.
And also they tend to repeat whatever is popular and somehow bring it up to show how relevant they are regardless of whats happening. If this same thread was created 10 years ago no one would call it a dad shoe. All the sudden dad shoe style is popular, plus they dont like this it means its a dad shoe now.
i think it's more the style of the thick sole, than just being thick i guess for me. but hey, we all got styles we enjoy :)
Dad shoes have a certain look. As stated above look up the air monarchs and then you'll see a DAD SHOE

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
But the Nintendo 64 released in 1996, so why are they putting designed in 1997 on them? There's no way they actually designed those shoes in 1997 right? The date must be a reference to the N64.