• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

VHS

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019
I can't believe seemingly non-Dads are legitimately looking at these as something to buy lol

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Yeah, I know they're not officially licensed, but nothing about the design shares any resemblance to a N64.

It's just a generic video game theme.
Gray for the controller. Green for the A button. Blue for the B button. Yellow for the C buttons. Red for Start.
"Power" and "Reset".
And the back of the shoes has "Airmax" written like the Nintendo logo.

MegaBeefBowl

Oct 31, 2017
I'll gladly die on the hill that the AirMax renaissance has been detrimental to the retail availability of my favourites, the Internationalists.

... which are, ironically, dad shoes šŸ˜…
This is some honesty I can get behind. Internationalists.

Maybe Supreme will do an Internationalist. They pick silhouettes people never talk about anymore.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
What. Air Max 97s have been around for over 20 years..... Hence the name 97

"Around", sure, but they've seen a huge bump in popularity in the last few years, hogging just sooooo much shelf space :(

The 97s

nRt9Uc4.png

Nike Air Max in general

6gW40ZI.png

This is some honesty I can get behind. Internationalists.

Maybe Supreme will do an Internationalist. They pick silhouettes people never talk about anymore.

Whenever i'm at a footlocker or similar, i'm always magnetically drawn to the New Balance ... i think some higher power wants me to finish my metamorphosis and go full on dad shoe.

SpecDot

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I can safely say that those stating on here that AM 97s are "ugly" or "dad shoes" probably only wear Vans and Chuck Taylors from Journey's. You know who you are.
lol jk. To each their own. But for real though, this is a trash colorway. And Air Max 97s are my favorite Air Max. Still trying to get a pair of Off-White Air Max 97 for a good price.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I mean, that's the SNES colour scheme/design if anything.
Yeah true. But the way the colors are used indicate it's more inspired by the N64, the green and blue have the same amount of color and the same pattern. If it was SNES inspired, red and yellow should get the same pattern.
I'm not saying that it's well designed or anything, or defending the thing ! But I kinda get what they tried.

Lozlink

Oct 27, 2017
"Around", sure, but they've seen a huge bump in popularity in the last few years, hogging just sooooo much shelf space :(

The 97s

nRt9Uc4.png

Nike Air Max in general

6gW40ZI.png

Whenever i'm at a footlocker or similar, i'm always magnetically drawn to the New Balance ... i think some higher power wants me to finish my metamorphosis and go full on dad shoe.
yeah, because nike reintroduced them with a lot of colourways for their 20th. Calling them part of the dad shoe trend is disingenuous from that poster.

mingo

Oct 25, 2017
London
I'm not sure people understand what dad shoes are here, these are not. They may not be the best looking colourway, but they ain't dad shoes.

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to make 97s look bad, and these don't do it. They look great and I'd get them if I didn't already know these are gonna cost an arm and a leg once they drop.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
These dad shoes aren't cool. They don't go with my Dragon Ball Z Hawaiian shirt or my cargo shorts.

Deleted member 54216

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 26, 2019
As someone who has running as hobby, I can tell you they've been among the worst for a while and just recently they came up with some decent models.
Asics, Mizuno, Brook, etc, have all been consistently better.
Yeah i agree with u. It's just my Personal preference. I always used them and the recent releases improved a overall good product.
The quality of the max is indusputable and the football shoes, from the magista to the mercurials, top notch.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Those are some ugly ass shoes. Barely even registers as evocative of the N64, not that I know how you'd do that with a shoe. Maybe have a three prong shoe, toebox is in the middle with dpad and buttons off to the sides.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
They should have gone with Nike Air Pippen IIs, similar shape and style but without all the dad steez.
Nike-Air-Pippen-2-Bulls-Home-Product.jpg

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
This might look bad to y'all but people are gonna sell the shit outta this.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
They just don't say "N64" to me in any way, whereas these do from colors to general 90s vibe:

Reebok-Aztrek-Nintendo.png

and they're just generally "Nintendo" themed.

Oct 28, 2017
I havent purchased sneaker not off the clearance rack in 10 years but these are FIRE!!!

I NEED THEM!!!

For multiple reasons, they should have been the Ken Griffey Jr's.