• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
www.pcgamer.com

System Shock remake is coming in 2022, so here's 15 all-new screens

Nightdive is teaming up with Koch Media's new Prime Matter division to bring the game out next year.

This will open up the game to a physical release which is very nice to see! More info and media in the link above.

The System Shock remake we've all been patiently waiting for will arrive in 2022 by way of a partnership between Nightdive Studios and Prime Matter, a division of Koch Media that formed last year. To commemorate the deal, Nightdive has dropped more than a dozen new screens showcasing the dimly lit horrors of Shodan's first adventure.

This is Nightdive's first external publishing deal, and it represents "an important step in the growth of Nightdive Studios," CEO Stephen Kick said. "It will allow us to offer System Shock to fans all over the world, both in digital and physical goods formats, as well as fully honour our commitments to our fans and, in particular, to our thousands of supporters on Kickstarter, without whom this game would have never been possible."

SebXefnEHqkNbVn4nY59Pm-1680-80.jpg

Dec 6, 2017
US
I played the demo a few months back and I hope they've been polishing the combat. I thought it has a lot of potential overall and I'd love for it to turn out great but the combat made it a pass for me for now.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
Yup that sure looks like screenshots released for an in-development game.

Not sure about the artstyle, bu I kinda dig the ui

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
i really can't wait for this and system shock 2: EE. i wonder if anything will come out of the tencent system shock 3 aquisition, it's been a long time.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
I saw prime and remake in the same thread title and

this looks really good! definitely gonna keep an eye on it.

Oct 25, 2017
Any other news about the third game? Last time I heard anything was Tencent was taking over publishing and developing.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
That's great Nightdive but where's Powerslave??

Steam still says 2021, there's only a few days left!

Huey

Oct 27, 2017

Lol this was exactly my response - can't wait for Powerslave Exhumed. One of the devs is here - wonder if we could trouble them for some insight? 🤔

Night dive is a GOAT studio right now, I'll pay attention to absolutely anything they're involved in

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Lol this was exactly my response - can't wait for Powerslave Exhumed. One of the devs is here - wonder if we could trouble them for some insight? 🤔

Night dive is a GOAT studio right now, I'll pay attention to absolutely anything they're involved in

I talked to the head of Nightdive not too long ago and everything got bottleneck either by technical issues or the Quake remaster taking priority.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Visuals continue to remind me of perfect dark zero. But I'm still excited to play this once it hits consoles.

Confirmed for PS5/XBS
OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
From the Kickstarter update:
How will this affect the release and distribution?

-Our partnership will allow a simultaneous release on PC and console platforms.

(PS4/PS5/XboxOne/Xbox Series)

Will backers still be receiving their rewards?

-Yes, of course, everything is still on track for backer rewards.

When will backers have access to the beta?

-We are currently on track to have beta to backers in early 2022.

What's going on with System Shock 2: Enhanced Edition and VR?

-System Shock 2: EE is coming along, and the goal is to still release it during the same window as the System Shock remake.

doemaaan

Oct 27, 2017
Oh hell yeah. I tried playing the original over a year ago and couldn't. Too old school for me.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
This is the old look. Thankfully they came to their minds and went back to the original demo look and not the generic FPS shooter UE4 look they somehow thought would be a great idea.
awww shit you're right!! i zoomed into the screenshots and noticed the pixelized textures, very happy

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017

And I'm still waiting on Shadowman: Remastered on consoles (which was also promised before the end of 2021, but I've all but lost hope for that).

But this looks great - will grab on Xbox for sure.

Edward850

Software & Netcode Engineer at Nightdive Studios
Verified
Apr 5, 2019
New Zealand
And I'm still waiting on Shadowman: Remastered on consoles (which was also promised before the end of 2021, but I've all but lost hope for that).
You won't be waiting long. Sorry it's taken a while, the console ports really needed the extra work, unless you really wanted 1 minute loading times. :P (And no that's not an exaggeration.)

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
wait so the game is getting a native ps5 version now? that's great, i hope it controls well

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
You won't be waiting long. Sorry it's taken a while, the console ports really needed the extra work, unless you really wanted 1 minute loading times. :P (And no that's not an exaggeration.)

Hey, thanks for responding! I know the studio has a lot of projects in the pipeline (and I'm interested in most), and I'm sure Covid has majorly impacted things as well. Shadowman just had a huge impact on me in my teen years, and I've seen the reactions to the PC version, so it's hard for me to contain my excitement (probably a good 10% of my posts here the last few months are simping for the remaster lol). You definitely have (at least one) sale from me whenever it's ready!

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I really thought this would have released by now. Still looking forward to it but at this point I'm hoping it comes to gamepass given how packed next year is