• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
store.steampowered.com

SiN: Gold on Steam

SiN: Gold has returned! Free update for original owners!

Eidt: GOG version also available.
www.gog.com

SiN Gold

When the CEO of SinTEK Industries begins injecting the streets with a DNA-altering drug,

Hello everyone!

A new update for SiN is available now! SiN has now become SiN: Gold and comes with the following changes and enhancements:

Features
  • Added 2015's "Wages of SiN" expansion
  • Added modernized Steam master server support
  • Added and restored editing SDK
  • Added support for additional 16:9 video resolutions
  • Restored/uncensored various original game assets

General Improvements
  • Optimizations to math, container types, and search algorithms
  • Restored support for *.sin pack files, re-packed assets
  • Removed obsolete IPX networking support
  • Restored original sound and music engine
  • Changed video format to open-source/patent-free OGV/Theora

Fixes
  • Fixed crash in Docks cinematic
  • Fixed incorrect behavior in Thug AI
  • Fixed undefined camera position and occasional crash in Wages of SiN ending cinematic
  • r_palettemode cvar for software mode now reads and writes correct configuration variable
  • Fixed memory corruption issue during multiplayer initialization
  • cl_maxfps default changed to 200 to avoid issues with game running too fast
  • Repaired issue with extremely loud sounds on menu screens when FPS is too high
  • Fixed possible soft lock when using menu hotkeys while inside an in-game computer console
  • Restored missing assets for Beecadrone enemy

To celebrate this update, we have a -20% off offer running for a week! So now the best time to grab the latest version, either for yourself or for a friend!

Enjoy the update and let us know what you think!

Cheers,
Daniel,
Nightdive Studios.

Last edited:

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
is this that episodic game that was advertised with the woman with the big booty in the red thong?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
I'm very confused because I thought the expansion being added was released in 2015, and I was VERY curious why a niche PC game from 1998 would get an expansion 17 years later, but the studio responsible for the expansion in named 2015. Amazing.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
I bought the game and never knew there was an expansion!

What was censored I wonder? First game was occasionally suggestive but tame

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
menus are still postage stamp size sadly

i never played it back in the day, and the ten minutes i just tried it out for didnt leave much of a positive impression

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How do I access the settings? The game displays in a tiny window, and I can't find any resolution options in the menu.

I also have my task bar at the top of the screen and it covers up the top of the game window. But that might be a Windows problem.

Edit: Oh right, the video options are under 'Controls'.

Last edited:

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
That would explain why some people were reporting that it was removed from their libraries the other day.

Edward850

Software & Netcode Engineer at Nightdive Studios
Verified
Apr 5, 2019
New Zealand

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn I started reading the title and thought it was going to be about sin&punishment, almost fell back in my chair.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Got more than that now, frankly. We've got people doing all sorts of things.

Yeah, we mulled over that one a bit, but the engine has basically no possible scaling code for the menus at all. We would have to do an incredible overhaul to update even just that.
Yeah if it was a lot of work probably not worth it. It was just suprising when I booted it up, and I had to double check it has updated (half expected that weird menu that every source game always had). It's not like you're spending that much time in them at the end of the day anyway.