• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
The new Night Court has set up a dream leading duo. The follow-up to the classic legal comedy series, which has been heating up for a pilot order at NBC for several weeks, will star Melissa Rauch and the original series' co-star John Larroquette, reprising his Emmy-winning role, I have learned.

deadline.com

‘Night Court’: EP Melissa Rauch Set To Star With John Larroquette In Sequel At NBC

EXCLUSIVE: The new Night Court has set up a dream leading duo. The follow-up to the classic legal comedy series, which has been heating up for a pilot order at NBC for several weeks, will star Melissa Rauch and the original series’ co-star John Larroquette, reprising his Emmy-winning role, I...

LDEpGX7.gif

She is absolutely perfect for the role as Harry T Stone's daughter... like perfect perfect.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad. When the show was announced I assumed it was her and then found out she was the EP and was disappointed.

Wonder if they'll use the theme.

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
Hadn't heard of this before, having Laroquette back is amazing.

Is it too much to hope for a Brent Spiner appearance?

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Is the original streaming anywhere? I have really vague memories of my mom watching it but I don't think I remember anything other than the theme.

I've been intrigued to watch it since it's such a revered classic. I remember when the short lived Trial and Error was on, people here were comparing it to Night Court and I didn't much care for T+E at all seemed to lean too hard on stereotype humor and it bugged the crap out of me.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Be interesting to see what they do with Larroquettes character.

He was such a perfect sleazeball. If they make him a Judge that would be perfect.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Speaking of former cast, maybe they can bring back Charlie Robinson as Mac? He's still active as an actor, and was one of the highlights on the cast.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
How old are all of you? Im late thirties but I can barely recall this show. Was it that popular that people are clamoring for a sequel?

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How old are all of you? Im late thirties but I can barely recall this show. Was it that popular that people are clamoring for a sequel?

Have some fond memories but not really looking forward to a sequel when the effective reason to watch the show (Anderson) is dead.

Lonewolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon

41 here. It was a staple on NBCs evening programing bloc for years (from '84 to '92), then went into syndication as excelsiorlef mentioned. The show was nominated for 31 Emmys, and won seven, and a good number of the cast received a number of awards and nominations (Larroquette won four consecutive Emmys from 1985 to 1988 while on the show, for example). As someone who grew up in the stix without satellite or cable access, I watched it a lot. It was mostly light-hearted comedy with a great cast of characters played by actors with pretty good range so they could pull off serious moments well when required.

acheron_xl

Oct 27, 2017
MSN, WI

It was a linchpin of the early powerhouse NBC Thursday night lineup that became 'Must See TV'. And has been mentioned, it was heavily lauded, and ran forever, on NBC and in syndication. It's a legendary show.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Is the original streaming anywhere? I have really vague memories of my mom watching it but I don't think I remember anything other than the theme.

I've been intrigued to watch it since it's such a revered classic. I remember when the short lived Trial and Error was on, people here were comparing it to Night Court and I didn't much care for T+E at all seemed to lean too hard on stereotype humor and it bugged the crap out of me.
You're in the US?

www.justwatch.com

Night Court - watch tv show streaming online

Is Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, etc. streaming Night Court? Find out where to watch seasons online now!

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
When I saw the jewish guy who stands up to Loki in the first Avengers movie (I could look him up), I thought "hey, that guy from Night Court!" There were quite a few character actors on that show.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
if the original series is streaming anywhere, I could give this a shot. I really like John Laroquette; I appreciate him whenever he shows up.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Night Court is exactly the kind of kind hearted, wholesome, sitcom the world needs a return of right now.

And Rauch is the perfect actress to capture the kindness of Harry

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
For folks on the US with an antenna or otherwise, Laff runs Night Court all the time. So it's basically still airing in syndication every day of the week.