• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Kaine having a different VA would be a bonus for me honestly, I'd love to be able to start the game without that obnoxious shouting at the start every time
Nah that's a great performance.

I thought the actual moment in the game happened a bit too early and wasn't as impactful as I expected from the intro, but in a vacuum it's great and hell of a way to show this ain't your standard JRPG.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
so did they announce a release window at all? i wonder if it would be worth trying to sneak in a gestalt play through before this releases
Nothing precise, but they said they hope to have it out during the 10th anniversary year (so basically before next March). That's more their hope than a promise though.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
I hope NieR Gestalt is still on the table for the future. Maybe if Replicant sells decently it will incentivize them maybe one with Old Man Nier. Didn't care for Bishi Nier and Old Man Nier's VA is 90% the reason he's such a fantastic character. There simply isn't a replacement to that character, it's just a different character all together as the bishi.

The entire VA cast for NieR was flawless and still my favorite respective performances for each of those voice actors.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I hope NieR Gestalt is still on the table for the future. Maybe if Replicant sells decently it will incentivize them maybe one with Old Man Nier. Didn't care for Bishi Nier and Old Man Nier's VA is 90% the reason he's such a fantastic character. There simply isn't a replacement to that character, it's just a different character all together as the bishi.

I think the best we can hope for is the 360 nier becomes BC in the future. But that might depend on how much more stuff is in this that needs extra VA work, otherwise maybe DLC. But I'm not expecting it at this point which sucks. I don't think another rerelease game would go over well.

GarudaSmiles

Dec 14, 2018
As someone who doesn't enjoy the combat too much in either Nier the original is the much better game to me. It has the better story, characters, and music. Both games have you running around the same areas too much.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Drakengard 3 is great, Zero is a queen like Kaine #WeStan

YDKw6cA.jpg

Abaddonn

Dec 4, 2018
Pretty happy that we're getting Nier: Replicant and not Gestalt, I have only played Nier: Automata and looking forward to playing the first Nier game, but maaan I'm happy I don't have to play as pappa nier, that character design is just ugly IMO, also the fact that they just made him into this old character because they thought that would sell better to an US audience definately doesn't make me want to play as that old guy. I'm looking forward to playing as the character Nier was originally envisioned as.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Besides making Kaine playable, the thing they need to fix most of all is

Explaining that Popola and Devola are batshit insane which in urn explains why the plot even gets off the ground.

Cause holy fuck does the Story make no god damn sense without that Automata added retcon.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
I can't imagine what it must have been like to get with Drakengard on the ground running before the fandom got big.

A friend lent me the game with no context outside of, 'hey, you like JRPGs!'

...it was certainly an experience, lol.

Well there's that and the pedophilia, child eating, playable part where you're killing child soldiers, giant baby demons eating people and naked demons (Furiae). There's good reasons why they will never remake Drakengard 1.

I objectively know Drakengard 1 would be a terrible idea to remake, but I wish it was available digitally at least. It's certainly a, uh, unique game that must be experienced. Quite possibly one of the most depressing games ever made.

Drakengard 3 is great, Zero is a queen like Kaine #WeStan

tumblr_p3ynbnFSYw1s8nccpo4_500.gifv

tumblr_p3ynbnFSYw1s8nccpo3_500.gifv

tumblr_p3ynbnFSYw1s8nccpo5_500.gifv

We stan indeed!

Kaine having a different VA would be a bonus for me honestly, I'd love to be able to start the game without that obnoxious shouting at the start every time

No one needs to hear Weiss you dumbass 100 times, the mods know this to be true

7c63283168b819a38876f8a3bc6e8428.gif

How dare!

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've decided that the only references I want from Grimoire Nier in the game are the whole shebang with the Legion and Red Eye.

Oh and Drakengard costumes.

May 13, 2019
Last edited:

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Some more info

-Saito says it's "version up" not a remake or remaster
-lots of stuff being added from the original
-possibility of a new ending? Saito says he is not sure
-Okabe is doing the soundtrack again. There will be new tracks.

Can someone explain to me what in the world this is supposed to mean.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain to me what in the world this is supposed to mean.
I think only those working on it really know right now, but to offer up my interpretation, I believe it's basically an "Enhanced Port". I don't think they're fully remastering the game, and they aren't remaking the game, but they're porting the game but adding new content to the game. It's basically a new "version" of the game because it's the same game, just on modern platforms and updated with new content/touch-ups probably.

RKasa

Jul 28, 2019
New Jersey
I've decided that the only references I want from Grimoire Nier in the game are the whole shebang with the Legion and Red Eye.

Oh and Drakengard costumes.
I second the Red Eye stuff, but they should also add the Weapon Stories! Can't believe they weren't in the game in the first place.

Seems like he played the trope straight for Replicant tho.
This is a major reason why I prefer Papa over Brother. A dad moving heaven and earth for his daughter is way more believable and less creepy than an older brother doing it for his sister.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
This is a major reason why I prefer Papa over Brother. A dad moving heaven and earth for his daughter is way more believable and less creepy than an older brother doing it for his sister.

It is only creepy if you all you watch are a very specific genre of anime titles. I think it says more about you than the game really.

Tommi

Oct 29, 2017
Explaining that Popola and Devola are batshit insane which in urn explains why the plot even gets off the ground.

Cause holy fuck does the Story make no god damn sense without that Automata added retcon.
Can you explain what you mean by that? I don't remember a retcon there.

Slatsunus

Nov 2, 2017
I really don't get how people can call Brother Nier and Yonah's relationship creepy.

Like brahs, there isnt any subtext to it, its not incestous. Its the same fucking game

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
wtf at people trying to paint the Nier/Yonah relationship in Replicant as incestuous.

Like the only reason a brother would do anything for his sister is if he wants to fuck her? gtfo with that.

Nier and Yonah don't have any parents or other relatives, all they have is each other. Of course Nier would do anything for his only living relative, who is both sick, unable to do anything much on her own, and is younger than him.

In what way is that "creepy"? Idiots watch way too much anime where siblings never have realistic relationships.

Kubricks

Oct 31, 2017
Just woke up to this news!
Probably been discussed a thousand times already in the thread... but I am surprised there is nothing for the Switch lol.

∀∃:ETURNA

Oct 27, 2017
Curious as to how much they will be updating. I hope we get remasters of the Drag-On Dragoon games at some point, but they're probably not popular enough to warrant it.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
But...I want Daddy Nier Gestalt =( hopefully it'll make them port over that version bare bones or something. Would love to get a chance to play it.

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe if I was playing as Papa Nier I would double dip. I already 100% this game, so I don't have a strong desire to do that again on a new system.