• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
He is only wimpy as a kid. The transition is handled well. The people arguing in bad faith know better they just want to vent their frustration. It's fine.

Found it

:D

Man, that looks great. With its framerate issues Drakengard 3 is like a 4/10 game. Without that single issue it becomes so much easier to recommend even if it isn't as good as the Nier games. Great soundtrack.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm glad people will get to experience this, but after having read all the differences, I really feel like we got the better version with the US getting Gestalt. To each their own, though.
Same, and i hate that people try to bring down papa Nier just because his character development isn't as striking as brother Nier

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Yes, the fewer games stuck on the PS360 generation the better. Those machines just are not reliable long term.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I mean in turn you got people insulting brother Nier by saying he's a "dweeb" or how sibling relationships aren't as important.

I mean, this hair.

4-stupidfuckinghaircut.jpg

What else would you call it beyond "dweeb"?

obsoke

Oct 27, 2017
I've been hoping that OG Nier would be remastered. Great news! I personally prefer Papa Nier but at this point, I'll take what I can get.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, this hair.

4-stupidfuckinghaircut.jpg

What else would you call it beyond "dweeb"?
I mean he's a kid here and I always took it as a lampooning of stock anime kid hero hair.

Since you know he loses it after the timeskip.
latest

ugh at the thought of this shit erasing Dad Nier out of canon forever, as this port will sell a great multitude of the original. Praying for a character select.

So this is how were acting huh? Ok I'll play along.

Thankfully all signs point to this being just brother Nier with ugly potato face no where to be seen.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So, since it's the version that was japan-only based on the trailer, and OP only posted japanese links and no english ones, i truly hope it's not a situation where the remaster will be japan only in order to cut costs on needing to redo the english voice acting.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I mean he's a kid here and I always took it as a lampooning of stock anime kid hero hair.

Since you know he loses it after the timeskip.
latest

I'm well aware. But the thought of even playing as pre-timeskip Brother Nier for 5 minutes is already abhorrent enough.

The post-timeskip design isn't particularly great either, though. It's just...not a good character. I'm not interested in playing as an anime teen no matter what kind of "growth" they go through.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
I'll buy it for sure, but I'm a bit disappointed that there will be new voices.
I still have the PS3 disc and PS3 so it's not like I can't go back though :)

The game is pretty perfect as is but could use a fps and res bump!

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm well aware. But the thought of even playing as pre-timeskip Brother Nier for 5 minutes is already abhorrent enough.

The post-timeskip design isn't particularly great either, though. It's just...not a good character. I'm not interested in playing as an anime teen no matter what kind of "growth" they go through.
Well I guess we're even as I didn't want to play as the melted wax figure in the original.

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
With how highly the Automata OST has been received, can't wait for people to experience NieR's in the context of the actual game, as I find it even better (even if they may have heard some of the most recognizable tracks in Automata). Can't wait. Also, KAINE!

Last edited:

Shakerovic

Apr 26, 2019
I played the game years ago but what's this about boy and his sister? i remember the game with a man with white hair and his daughter? is this a new story or what exactly

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Well I guess we're even as I didn't want to play as the melted wax figure in the original.

It's so unbelievably rare for Japanese games to star adults or conventionally unattractive protagonists. It was a breath of fresh air. Then Taro's next two games were just back to back "look at my fetishes! LOOK AT THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" games. Pretty much caused me to lose all faith in him as a creator.

I played the game years ago but what's this about boy and his sister? i remember the game with a man with white hair and his daughter? is this a new story or what exactly

It's the same game, they just did a different version for Japan where the main character is a teenager protecting his sister. Everything else is the same.

My Cow Phelps

Oct 25, 2017
The creator of the franchise prefers this version so its kind of strange seeing "Nier fans" so dismissive about this version considering they probably didn't even played it yet. At least believe in Yoko Taro a little.

I think the romance of Nier x Kainé will make more sense in this version and his character development will be more powerful during the time-skip. But probably a brother trying to save his sister will resonate less with most people than a father trying to save his daughter.

Anyways, i would always prefer this version to be ported first simply because i have already played the other one.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
As long as the title screen VA doesn't change, so I can feel awkward if I decide to boot up the game with anyone else in the room, then it'll be good :)

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
So, since it's the version that was japan-only based on the trailer, and OP only posted japanese links and no english ones, i truly hope it's not a situation where the remaster will be japan only in order to cut costs on needing to redo the english voice acting.
They already announced the localization on the English Twitter.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I don't see why it's weird. Dad nier was literally only made as they just assumed it was what Xbox players would prefer playing as.
Probably weird since Nier sold better in the west.
It's so unbelievably rare for Japanese games to star adults or conventionally unattractive protagonists. It was a breath of fresh air. Then Taro's next two games were just back to back "look at my fetishes! LOOK AT THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" games. Pretty much caused me to lose all faith in him as a creator.
I don't think you remember Kaine, nor the Drakengard series as a whole.
Sounds like you'll skip the next Nier game as well.

HemoGoblin

Nov 3, 2017
I'm kind of psyched for this. I hope it's a significant change over the original. I loved automata, but never played nier.
I have seen a story synopsis of the game though via superbunnyhop's video. Would that ruin it for me?

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Yosuke Saito and Keiichi Okabe are on the stream right now. I wonder if there's any more sneaky announcements to throw in by the end.