• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Too late, haha. I already looked into the story years ago and its connections to Drakengard and Automata. I didn't really have the intentions to play Nier back then.

NieR is very much about the experience. I didn't get into the fandom until I read a Let's Play by thedarkid on LPArchive, and by then I knew everything about the game.

MultiJhonny

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Whelp... Now I can add the White Snow to my Black Box.

Really stoked for one of my top 2 games of all time to be given this love.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
nope
i think it's an issue with shipping
i bet it's trying to look up shipping options and they don't exist or aren't where they're meant to be
apparently if you add another item to the order it'll go through, probably becauese it can use that other item's shipping details

HOLY SHIT THIS WORKED

I added a FF TCG booster for 5 bucks and could order!

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just to be clear this is getting a physical XBO release in the West right?

arrosev

Nov 30, 2017
If you add something else to the cart it lets you finish checkout, I added some final fantasy cards for £5

Patsy

Jun 7, 2019
Germany
nope
i think it's an issue with shipping
i bet it's trying to look up shipping options and they don't exist or aren't where they're meant to be
apparently if you add another item to the order it'll go through, probably becauese it can use that other item's shipping details

aww thank u :( yea i think it's shipping too, because everything else works normally? i guess i'll try to buy smth else together with it & just hope for the best... give me my babies squeenix :<

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
Just to be clear this is getting a physical XBO release in the West right?
yep, you can preorder (square store only atm) it right now.

HOLY SHIT THIS WORKED

I added a FF TCG booster for 5 bucks and could order!
If you add something else to the cart it lets you finish checkout, I added some final fantasy cards for £5

yeah i ended up adding on the nier shirt that i wanted. it'll be interesting to see whether or not the order actually goes through. hmm.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Hot damn that box art looks stunning! Glad to hear both versions will have reversible covers, so whichever I end up with should be fine then.

I never got to play the original so I'm really excited for this. I don't know how its combat compares, but what they showed during the stream looked really good. Both melee and magic look awesome. I hope there's weapon switching though, would be a shame if we had to go into a menu like they did here every time. Speaking of the menu, I'm really digging it.

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
Does SE charge up front for pre-orders?

From the page:

Please note the specific payment collection timeline for pre-orders (dates may be subject to change based on possible changes to release date):

• 1st Payment Collection Attempt – 03/29/2021
  • 2nd Payment Collection Attempt (if necessary) – 4/02/2021
  • 3rd Payment Collection Attempt (if necessary) – 4/7/2021

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
They charge 7-14 days before dispatch according to the FAQ, and you're able to cancel prior.

Now if they'd just let me order it...
From the page:

Please note the specific payment collection timeline for pre-orders (dates may be subject to change based on possible changes to release date):

• 1st Payment Collection Attempt – 03/29/2021
  • 2nd Payment Collection Attempt (if necessary) – 4/02/2021
  • 3rd Payment Collection Attempt (if necessary) – 4/7/2021
Thanks. Possibly against better judgement I placed a pre-order and received confirmation.
I still can't get over how good the soundtrack is.
It really is incredible. A shame Automata's soundtrack isn't as memorable but you can't capture lighting in a bottle twice I suppose.

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
Just swagged the White Snow Edition from the U.K. SE store on PS4, just had to add a booster pack from their TCG to get the order through.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Trying to pre-order but I keep getting interal errors. Anyone else?

Deleted member 48828

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 21, 2018
The unprompted brother nier hate is getting old, guys. Its literally the same character, except he doesn't look like shit and the story was properly written for someone his age.

Solaire

Oct 29, 2017
Are all the girls in this game just going around in their panties? Maybe there is a secret reason that will make me ashamed of my words and deeds 🤔

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No statues makes the CE a must own. That reorchestrated soundtrack hmm. Ordered, and we even get a steelbook, very nice. That'll make up for me missing on the Automata CE

This could look like shit and I would still get it. Thankfully, it looks awesome.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
got my pre-order confirmation email so it looks like it all went through.

now apparently you can't change shipping address, which is insane considering it's many months out, so hopefully i remember i ordered this should i move flats before april.

Jarlaxle

Oct 30, 2017
I still listen to Nier Gestalt's soundtrack quite often. It's probably my favorite game OST of all time.

With all of the Nier news...I'm listening to it now.
It's without a doubt my favorite OST. Nier Automata was nice and all but nothing touched this soundtrack in my opinion.

I miss Papa Nier. I wish they would put an option to play as Papa instead.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
50378546968_9fa0abc2ae_o.jpg

Got mine in early! Not sure why the site's throwing a fit for some of you now, though.

I would've liked an art book, but the scripts are unique and it's a better deal than Automata's CE.

javac

Oct 28, 2017
Ordered it with some dumb ff acrylic stand, better be able to cancel that dumb shit

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
People who added something to the basket to be able to check out, were you charged immediately?

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
It's not too clear, does the PC version of the bundle pack only contain a game disc or will it have a download code for the game? I can't imagine too many people even have cd drives anymore... I don't at least.

Azubah

Dec 30, 2017
Anyone need the US store link?

store.na.square-enix-games.com

NIER REPLICANT VER.1.22474487139... WHITE SNOW EDITION [PS4]

Please note, this is a soft bundle. The NIER REPLICANT VER.1.22474487139... STANDARD EDITION game will be packed separately from the bundled WHITE SNOW EDITION components.Pre-order the NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... White Snow Edition exclusively from the SQUARE ENIX STORE today!

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
So White Snow edition page says:

Pre-order now to get the following digital content:

• Mini Soundtrack
  • Exclusive Dynamic theme

Wonder how quick that'll be.

Oct 27, 2017
It looked decent up until the gratuitous shot of a little girl flashing her underwear.

I think I'll pass. I don't want to be placed on a register.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Ok so i changed my mind and got the special edition.

Be aware they charge you right away (in UK at least) and that cash has actually been taken out of my available balance.

I read somewhere here that they don't charge you until march so that was a bit of a shock.