• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
I never played the original (or knew there was a different version), so I'm interested in this after playing Automata. Also glad to see the western cover is reversable.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Bots claiming another preorder item and thus European orders getting internal errors.
After the new consoles and the RTX 3080 it's this game.
;)

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
This is the happiness I needed in my life right now. Only thing left I ask for is a remaster/remake of all the Drakengards, and I can die a happy man.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I get the impression that SE put quite a bit of work in this "remaster". I can't imagine anyone expecting they'd get that for free.

I honestly have no idea why that poster used this game, a borderline remake of a 10 year old game, to complain about paid remasters...

Karsha

May 1, 2020
I always felt like this story was written with Papa Nier in mind and the brother was just to please the edgy Japanese audience so Im not sure how to feel...as for the rest its ok, the game was a masterpiece that not a lot played so now they have their chances to experience a better game than the original but for us that played the original the improvement don't seem that huge...

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh nice, the digital dynamic theme and stuff are part of the collectors edition!

I got an order through, but I'm still waiting for a confirmation email to show up and it's not in my SE orders page yet.... I hope it worked. 💦
Does SE store usually take a bit of time to process? I haven't bought anything from them in a few years now and I can't remember what it was like last time.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Oh nice, the digital dynamic theme and stuff are part of the collectors edition!

I got an order through, but I'm still waiting for a confirmation email to show up and it's not in my SE orders page yet.... I hope it worked. 💦
Does SE store usually take a bit of time to process? I haven't bought anything from them in a few years now and I can't remember what it was like last time.
Took about 10 minutes for my confirmation email.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
I always felt like this story was written with Papa Nier in mind and the brother was just to please the edgy Japanese audience so Im not sure how to feel...as for the rest its ok, the game was a masterpiece that not a lot played so now they have their chances to experience a better game than the original but for us that played the original the improvement don't seem that huge...
It's the other way around.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Day 1.

Farther away than I was hoping, though...

So I may just buy the original for now.

Ferdie

Jul 16, 2018
Is it ok to wait for this if I've never played the Original? I understand the only major difference is the protagonist.

Am I correct?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Papa Nier was created for the West tho

Cmon people I was making a funny!

Lmao my bad, ya never know these days if people are serious or not

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
Is it ok to wait for this if I've never played the Original? I understand the only major difference is the protagonist.

Am I correct?
yeah, it's a remake of the original japanese version that had a young protaganist with a brother-sister relationship rather than the west version that had an older protaganist with a father-daughter relationship

obviously this remake may change the story a bit or expand it in someway but generally, it's the same game

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
literally my birthday, april 23rd
think it's time i finally play this, the OST has been on my goat list forever

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why would anyone expect a remaster to be free?!

dd0.jpg

Ferdie

Jul 16, 2018
yeah, it's a remake of the original japanese version that had a young protaganist with a brother-sister relationship rather than the west version that had an older protaganist with a father-daughter relationship

obviously this remake may change the story a bit or expand it in someway but generally, it's the same game
Thanks for the explanation! PS3/360 game is very expensive now so I'll just wait for this.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017

As many have said already, bro Nier's the original. Dad Nier was invented for the west and then Yoko Taro did Yoko Taro things and made both canon.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
I can't get over that they used the original character concept art for the trailer and Yonah's panties are visible. Thank Lucifer someone shut at least that shit down as the in-game models were being made. A shame the same didn't happen for Kaine. *sigh*

I prefer the NA box art to the JPN art. Yoshida tends to draw women in odd poses for promotional art and it always bugs me.

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very excited to return to this. I was late to actually playing Nier, bought it on ebay around 2015, but damn what a great game. Gameplay had a nice fun factor that make the game hold up mechanically despite some jank, and the game just has a strong style to it. Didn't like Automata as much, so im interested to see what theyre going to incorporate from that. Combat in nier is super simplistic but fun, would be cool to get a bit of a platinum print on it, but at the same time i hope it keeps the super bloody vfx during combat and stuff that made the combat in 1 satisfying despite its drawbacks.

All i can say to those who got into Nier Automata: Get ready to play the vastly superior game ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Was interested but meh, UK is paying £25 more than the NA price. £150 vs $160.

Really should be £125, and SE shipping costs on top of that.... mmnah.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I really like the Western cover honestly, at least this time is not a focus tested CG render.

FireCloud

Dec 26, 2017
I can't get over that they used the original character concept art for the trailer and Yonah's panties are visible. Thank Lucifer someone shut at least that shit down as the in-game models were being made. A shame the same didn't happen for Kaine. *sigh*

I prefer the NA box art to the JPN art. Yoshida tends to draw women in odd poses for promotional art and it always bugs me.

Plenty of words and deeds to be ashamed of. Still I love Kaine's character and story arc.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK

I love the other key art, but that one raised an eyebrow from me.

Patsy

Jun 7, 2019
Germany
Has anyone here from the EU (especially Germany) been able to pre-order the Snow White edition? Because my friends & I have been trying since the second it launched & all we've been getting is internal errors :(

ALSO SORRY IF THIS HAS BEEN TALKED ABT IN THE THREAD BEFORE I HAVENT CHECKED IT I'm just getting a wee bit frustrated with the EU Squeenix store & am wondering if anyone got it to work :(

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
Has anyone here from the EU (especially Germany) been able to pre-order the Snow White edition? Because my friends & I have been trying since the second it launched & all we've been getting is internal errors :(

ALSO SORRY IF THIS HAS BEEN TALKED ABT IN THE THREAD BEFORE I HAVENT CHECKED IT I'm just getting a wee bit frustrated with the EU Squeenix store & am wondering if anyone got it to work :(
nope
i think it's an issue with shipping
i bet it's trying to look up shipping options and they don't exist or aren't where they're meant to be
apparently if you add another item to the order it'll go through, probably becauese it can use that other item's shipping details

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
I'm gonna play
I never played the original (or knew there was a different version), so I'm interested in this after playing Automata. Also glad to see the western cover is reversable.

You'll enjoy Nier Replicant so much without spoilers and enjoy Nier Automata even more with the context of the first game.