• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The DLC wasn't particularly good but I wonder if they'll include it or a facsimile.

aSqueakyLime

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
England
Why?

The biggest reason I liked the first game is due to Papa Nier's story. That element being gone makes the story way less effective. The reason I want a remake/rerelease is due to improvement to the game but if one of the biggest reasons the first game was effective at is gone then why would I get it?
It's almost the same story though, and the side quests even make more sense with brother Nier on the whole. I don't see how it's a big deal when everything else is the same and everything that makes Nier amazing is still there

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Eir20SSX0AMxql_

This looks amazing.

People comparing this to Automata's box art and saying it is "as bad" are crazy.
apps.48528.68662117307814849.d86c4ebf-4ee7-4307-bce4-30e6169169a8.f7c430e0-ce78-47f1-bfe4-3ddf380912ef
Yeah it's worse. Washed out colours and can't even clearly make out the characters. I really want to understand the marketing team's logic.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's almost the same story though, and the side quests even make more sense with brother Nier on the whole. I don't see how it's a big deal when everything else is the same and everything that makes Nier amazing is still there
Don't agree. The aspect of Nier being a father with an ugly mug and big muscles in a JRPG is what drew me to the game. The banter between him and Weiss that was amazing. Not to mention the amazing voice acting he had which is going away now.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the fence of pre-ordering the White Box, but I know I'm going to regret that I didn't.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
The combat looks pretty bad and mashy like the original so it's a good thing that the combat in Nier has nothing to do with why it's brilliant.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's worse. Washed out colours and can't even clearly make out the characters. I really want to understand the marketing team's logic.

I love it. It's not as peaceful as the JP cover but it emphasizes the post apocalyptic world of NieR as well as the lonely, tight knit friendship between the group.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At least this scene will be gone with how fucking awkward it was.... Seriously this was the most jarring papa nier scene. (and there is no way you can defend this scene it wasnt meant to be awkward like that laugh in FFX was... this was just poorly done )
gvsvr0bfbv551.jpg

lucablight

Oct 27, 2017
Don't agree. The aspect of Nier being a father with an ugly mug and big muscles in a JRPG is what drew me to the game. The banter between him and Weiss that was amazing. Not to mention the amazing voice acting he had which is going away now.
I loved the original game (Jamieson Price killed it with his performance) but if we're being serious brother NieR does seem to fit the story in some scenes better. The character growth during the time skip for Papa NieR makes little sense if you compare it to brother NieR (he got a new mask!) and Papa NieR telling Kaine that they're friends is pretty awkward.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Preordered the collector edition. The price is outrageous and hate to pay the stupid squareenix store shipping price but it has to be done.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I loved the original game (Jamieson Price killed it with his performance) but if we're being serious brother NieR does seem to fit the story in some scenes better. The character growth during the time skip for Papa NieR makes little sense if you compare it to brother NieR (he got a new mask!) and Papa NieR telling Kaine that they're friends is pretty awkward.
I am willing to admit that some scenes are awkward and are not designed for him. Even then, I feel his story was better and much cooler.

Of course, this is subjective. I don't feel the need to return to this if he isn't back as I didn't like Brother Nier's story as much. It didn't hit with me as much as Papa Nier.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
WTF still gotta pay shipping for the LE (whopping $14), so after tax, it's $184. Least my friend will be happy, he loves the game & the fact his copy is from Australia (where his wife is from) makes his copy even more special.

Just glad to know the theme & avatars are preorder bonuses for the regular edition, I'm content with those.