• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, got that up and running. How do I know if I am getting the pre-registration bonuses? I pre-registered with two different Google accounts while on the same phone, so not sure if it worked.
Everyone gets the bonuses at launch, it'll be in your mailbox when you unlock it.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I can't get 2B with anything else, even after the pulls I get for clearing Chapter 1. Re-roll Hell is a continue!

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
I never understand why gacha just don't let you reroll over and over on first ever pull until you are satisfied with pull.

Just did the first pull and got jackshit, aint got time to delete app, download and then pull again. I deleted the app.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Everyone gets the bonuses at launch, it'll be in your mailbox when you unlock it.
Thanks. Ah, pre-registration via app stores was only for the beta (which I briefly tried).
I never understand why gacha just don't let you reroll over and over on first ever pull until you are satisfied with pull.

Just did the first pull and got jackshit, aint got time to delete app, download and then pull again. I deleted the app.
Because $$$.

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
Is the game crashing for anyone else on set up? It was crashing for me earlier on the download notice and now crashing again on the graphic setting selection

I run a Galaxy Note 20 Ultra

OP
OP
Einbroch

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Rerolled until 2P. Got her. Played a bunch. Rolled 90 more times. No 4*.

And just like that, don't even want to play the game anymore.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
Heads up on emulator at least, I noticed setting the graphics to low caps the framerate to what looks like 10~ fps, keeping it on the default keeps it at 30

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
Done rerolling. How do I lock my profile so I can't lose it?

vos3GTs.jpg

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Does this game introduce any free pulls at the start or you can pull whenever from all the gems they give you?

I'm not sure how I feel about the game yet. The mixing of 2D/3D sections is cool but the 3D exploration seems rather bland so far. The turn based combat also feels really dull to me. I already have it sped up and set to auto. Maybe it gets a bit more complicated and hands on the more you play with tougher battles. I definitely would have preferred if it had real time action combat, but perhaps they didn't want to complicate the combat for a mobile title.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Still rolling after seven hours. This actually taught me a lot about bluestacks. Have eight instances synced right now.

I'm not even sure there's a reason to go for two Automata characters in the first pull, I ended up playing while rolling and the game is generous with gems so far.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
Does this game introduce any free pulls at the start or you can pull whenever from all the gems they give you?
You get enough gems for 2 10 pulls after you've completed the tutorial and then there's an easter egg to get 3k gems for another 10 pull a bit further in (click Mama 100 times).

Do I start rolling when I get to the sand area? How do I reroll?
Once you get through the loadout tutorial and have access to the summon menu. You reroll by reinstalling and getting through the tutorial again.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I got an account with 2B and 9S. I think I'm just going to keep going with this and try for A2 with the pulls the game gives me. If I'm diligent enough about it, I should be able to manage the pity by the time the banner ends (it's around until the first week in August). I'm 30 pulls in already, so I'd just need another 160 pulls and we should be getting a lot of launch bonus stuff. It'd be nice to have the whole Automata team together.

This was the first double character account I got after the entire day, so I don't want to throw it away. :/

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017
I got 2B on my third 10 roll after i clicked on mama 100 times. Pretty happy i won't have to reroll.
Now how do I sync my account, or how do I keep a backup? I don't want to lose my 2B Incase i happen to lose my phone or whatever.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
I read the last two pages, and didn't see a single post about the gameplay. Is it actually fun and engaging, or just typical gacha fare?

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Not sure if I want to reroll on this.... just here to play for the story. So uhhh is the story good like the Nier games? When does this take place?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Tried it out - just like PGR this performs and looks amazing. Wont have time to play it but its a great audiovisual experience - seems to be a no brainer for Nier fans.
I read the last two pages, and didn't see a single post about the gameplay. Is it actually fun and engaging, or just typical gacha fare?
Everything you need to know about the gameplay is in the OP - its also been out for month in JP.
Its as basic at it can get, so dont expect too much.

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if I have to start from the beginning even if I was part of the closed beta?

I haven't found a way of transfering data or anything

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Those of you emulating, how are you getting this on bluestacks? It straight up doesn't appear in the googleplay store in my emulator.

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
Having a decent time with it so far, spent the last few hours playing. I don't play many gatcha games but ive had an easy enough time putting the team I wanted together:

QvtaiTa.jpg

FoBykNs.jpg

Last edited:

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
I downloaded bluestacks 5 but its only on 5.1 and claims to be the latest version. Specifically googling bluestacks 5.2 finds it but its weird it doesn't say it has an update right?

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
ok i'm impressed with the opening.... i'll just roll until i get 2b or A2 and go with that. the reroll isnt so bad... seen much worse

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
So I was going to reroll for this as it seemed easy/quick enough compared to some other gacha but with it wanting to then re-download a bunch (not much, but it was still going super slow for me) I decided to stop after my second 10 pull. First one I got 2B and rubbish for the rest, second reroll I got 2B and another 4* Akeha (Abstract Assassin) which I decided to roll with because 2 4* and maybe I'll get A2 in the 3000 from tapping Mama. I didn't I got crap in that but I'm going with it because I cba and I got 2B and that seems good enough for me.

Also, anyone else put off by the art for 2B and 2P (and likely other female characters?). Like, obviously 2B's ass is a thing, it's such a thing it made it into FFXIV as a cosmetic item, I get it. I don't need it all artsy like in the character portrait.

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
got too many gachas on my hands atm but will download and see how impressions of the story are and go at this casually

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Been rerolling with 4 emulated instances + just seeing the first chapter's story with whatever I got the first time on my phone. 3 of the instances got 1 4* character each within a few restarts (2B/A2/Fio) so I'm taking that for now. I was rerolling the 4th still but my macro for the intro has some issues and I'm too lazy to babysit it further, so... gonna take all of these up through the additional early pulls and we'll see which I end up using.

...it's going to be an annoying choice already, because so far the 4* are entirely different. The A2 one also has another 4* weapon, so it's winning out if nothing else good shows up, I guess.

I downloaded bluestacks 5 but its only on 5.1 and claims to be the latest version. Specifically googling bluestacks 5.2 finds it but its weird it doesn't say it has an update right?

I had to open the multi-instance manager, make a new instance, and pick that one to be 64bit. I stopped the old instance and started the new one, installed the game, then used that instance to make more to reroll with.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Couldn't be bothered rerolling, my pulls have been eh but I got 2 4* weapons (a staff and a large sword) along with 2 3* characters (prisoner and soldier) so I'm currently rocking a full male party in a gacha game which is novel and won't last long lol

The amount of weapon and character upgrade materials they've given us is crazy, not complaining i guess though.

Missing weapon art, pink boxes, crashing and lots of "unknown" everywhere is really annoying and something I didn't encounter in the beta so I'm hoping those are fixed soon

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Mhmm I should have known keeping that leftover instance was gonna cause trouble for decision making later.

Now have to decide between A2 + some 4* weapons, 2B + another 4* class and weapons, and that one which ended up getting 9S and a dupe. It looks like 9S isn't nearly as good at the other 2 so it's probably safe to cut that one loose (along with the Fio one and the exclusively garbage phone account), though it stings a bit that it's technically the one that did the best...

Someone teach me the ways of doing multiple instances in BlueStacks 5. I can't get it to work well even with two. ._. My CPU is a 4790K and I have 16GB of RAM.

I would love to help, but... it just kinda worked for me without fiddling with it? Even with all 4 of them being set to high CPU/memory.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I think character tier mostly matters for PVP. I've been using 9S since I got him along with my 2B, and he seems fairly strong. I'll see once I level everything up, though.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Also, anyone else put off by the art for 2B and 2P (and likely other female characters?). Like, obviously 2B's ass is a thing, it's such a thing it made it into FFXIV as a cosmetic item, I get it. I don't need it all artsy like in the character portrait.

The redesigns aren't good, at least for 2B haven't seen 2P yet. Basically just removing the skirt so they can show more skin in this game, and it's the same with the 3D model.