• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
I know my phone is not a gaming power house but my samsung A12 struggle big time, combat are unplayable....

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I tried on my secondary device just to see if it auto-bound to GameCenter on iOS (which it doesn't thankfully), and of course I get 2B in my first multi. NOthing after that though, so I'm not tempted to keep it. I'll start the game on my on my primary and aim for both 2B and A2. I'm patient enough. If I can manage it, I might try see if I can grind out a pity on 2P's banner and aim for her as well.

You can connect with Apple or Facebook in settings to transfer data to another device.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Got 9S on one device. Was sort of hoping for him, even if he is lower tier. Going to try to get multiples on another device for a bit before finally playing.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
You can connect with Apple or Facebook in settings to transfer data to another device.
I don't use Facebook. I didn't notice the Apple option, but it's too late now since I removed the app. >_<

Oh well. Just getting 2B again shouldn't be too difficult. I hope. It's getting both her and A2 that might take some time. If I get a nice re-roll with characters besides 2B/A2, I might see if I can manage a pity by the time the banner ends and grab who I'm missing, and forego 2P. I'm not sure how good the latter is but I still want her, 'cause 2B with a white outfit.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can I get through the story without going through gacha BS (no offense to those interested in that - just not for me)?

OP
OP
Einbroch

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Can I get through the story without going through gacha BS (no offense to those interested in that - just not for me)?
Don't worry. No one's "into" gacha, we just put up with it.

Apparently, yes. You will have to engage with it (you'll have to pull on the gacha) but you don't have any pressure to whale or spend money to enjoy the story. The event and bonus content that is standard in gacha is more difficult, however.

famicorpse

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Mar 15, 2019
I'm gonna have to fire up an emulator tomorrow and reroll a bunch. I got no characters on my first roll on my iPhone.

SpookySpice

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 22, 2019
So I decided to give this game a try since I love the NieR series, but I'm not really sold on the combat. I had no idea it was a turn based type combat system? Unless I'm playing it wrong; there wasn't a great introduction for the first combat encounter.

And of course the game must know I'm not feeling it because I rolled 2B in my first 10-pull. So I guess I'm sticking around for a little at least.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
How long will the preregistration free gems be available?

Don't have time to bother with rerolling right now.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
How long will the preregistration free gems be available?

Don't have time to bother with rerolling right now.
Probably for the next while. Maybe two weeks? Maybe longer. I wouldn't worry about it, I've seen pre-registration gifts in other gacha games remain for a month+.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Every time the game prompted me to download the initial 63 MB or whatever the game would crash and send me back to the store page. I managed to fix it by turning off wi-fi and using data. So if that happens to anybody else (I'm on Android) give it a whirl.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't worry. No one's "into" gacha, we just put up with it.

Apparently, yes. You will have to engage with it (you'll have to pull on the gacha) but you don't have any pressure to whale or spend money to enjoy the story. The event and bonus content that is standard in gacha is more difficult, however.
Sweet, thanks for the info.

CONCHOBAR

Oct 25, 2017
Tell me if any of you have encountered this issue and how you got past it: after going up the spiral staircase in the prologue just after meeting Mama, my game refused to download the next part - consistently throwing a "failed to download" error - so I quit out of the game. Now whenever I try to load into the game I just see a black screen. I can see the cursor if I tap the screen and of course there's music, but no visuals.

Edit: Of course just after I post it solved itself. I turned my phone screen off with the game still running, and when I checked my phone about 5 minutes later the game loaded.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
I got 2B on my 6th reroll, I will try to get through Chapter 1 and get the next 10-pull before rerolling again, although I might save it with a different email. My goal is 2B and A2

famicorpse

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Mar 15, 2019
I'm conflicted. I got 2B on one device and A2 on another. Should I stick with A2 or keep re-rolling?

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Still rolling after 2.5 hours on two iOS devices and about 10 bluestacks at a time. Absolutely miserable, but I care about NieR and want these damn characters. Going for two on the first roll.

famicorpse

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Mar 15, 2019
Still rolling after 2.5 hours on two iOS devices and about 10 bluestacks at a time. Absolutely miserable, but I care about NieR and want these damn characters. Going for two on the first roll.

That's the future I see for myself in the next couple of days. I want A2 and 2B on my first roll.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
ZqN6GiP.png

I think I'm done re-rolling the first pull.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Got 2 rainbow weapons on my first roll and 2P on my second roll. Think I'll save my reroll energy and just stick with that.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't get anything else good on the account with 2B so I've backed it up to a Square Enix account with a spare email just in case. The hunt for A2 and 2B continues.

VRMaster1

Jan 23, 2021
I got 9S on my first roll and A2 on my second. I'm inclined to take that and keep going instead of rerolling.

Ava Pug

Oct 26, 2017
I got 2B and A2., stopping there Also click on Mama 100 times in the 3D world to get another 3000 diamonds from a mission.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The worst part about re-rolling is all of the time it takes running around and you can't even skip it.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I've noticed crashing, yeah. Maybe maintenance incoming? If so, I'll gladly accept the compensation.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
Never bothered rerolling in a gacha before, guess I'll start now since 2B and 2P are on the line

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
It sucks that this game is tied to this format. I like the concept of the game but I'm already getting annoying by all the ways this game just waste your time.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Does this game work with any of the big Android emulators? My phone is too weak for this. T_T

Same i mean i don't have a top of the line phone, but a samsung A12 with low graphic setting should be enough to play this, during exploration everything is butter smooth, on combat it's abysmal and unplayable.....

unluckyhat

Oct 27, 2017
I rerolled a couple times and got 2P, think I'll just stick with her since rerolling more seems like a pain.