• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
MOSHED-2021-7-26-12-55-6.gif

Producer: Yosuke Saito
Creative Director: Yoko Taro
Director: Daichi Matsukawa
Main Character Design: Akihiko Yoshida
Concept Art: Kazuma Koda
Music: Keiichi Okabe

A girl awakens on a cold stone floor.
She finds herself in an infinitely vast place filled with buildings that touch the very sky.
Guided by a mysterious creature who calls herself Mama, she begins to explore her new surroundings.
To reclaim what she has lost—and atone for her sins—she sets off on a journey through this place of unknown creation.​

girloflight.png

Girl of Light

A mind sealed.
Dreams of another world.

When the girl came to, she was collapsed on the stone floor of The Cage. Though she is kind, and has a bright personality, she wears a collar and bandages for reasons unknown, and is plagued each night by horrible dreams.

Japanese Voice: Rika Nagae

mama.png

Mama

Thousands of stories.
Millions of dreams.

A mysterious creature who calls herself Mama. She seems to know something about The Cage, and acts as a guide for the girl. There is a side to her that simply likes to do as she pleases, so you'll sometimes find her just enjoying the scenery or poking around.

Japanese Voice: Yumi Hara

darkmonster.png

The Dark Monster

Hidden Words.
Stray Dreams.

A strange being that wanders The Cage. It resembles a knight in armor, but also a speechless insect. Regardless, it seems to have some kind of objective...

Japanese Voice: Motoyuki Kawahara

Nier Reincarnation has been described a story-heavy walking simulator with turn-based combat. The focus of this game is very much on the story, with everything surrounding it being very standard. The combat is your standard turn-based fare, the structure of the game is your standard gacha fare with events, story updates, new characters to roll on, and so on.

However, impressions of the story from Japan have been very positive. So if you're looking for some Nier mindmeltery, you'll find it here.

Screenshot_20210219-165807_NieR.jpg

Screenshot_20210218-134411_NieR.jpg

nier_reincarnation_battle.jpg

ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA ITS A GACHA

Launch time is unknown. Could be in 16 hours, could be in 26, could be in 36.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Gonna be very casual with this one. Only playing for the story and maybe pull characters from Automata and Replicant.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Well this will be the 100th gacha I give a try. Hope there's a fun game under the gacha mechanics that I can enjoy from time to time.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
Woo I'm super excited for the story and music.

Depending on how sucked in I get I might spend a little but I'll probably remain F2P here. Mostly in it for the Nier content. I enjoyed the beta test but didn't play too far in (on purpose).

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Can't really juggle another gacha but if the story is good I'll play it for that at least. Music in this game slaps though

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Does this let you use Japanese voices in the western release, or is it dub only? I thought I saw people saying it only had English in the beta or something.

OP
OP
Einbroch

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
Casual reminder that as much as I respect your agency to choose, you shouldn't financially support gacha games. 🙅‍♂️

Keen to play it and not spend a dime.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
www.siliconera.com

NieR Reincarnation English Version Will Offer Japanese Voice Acting Option

As a result of closed beta testing feedback, the English version of NieR Reincarnation will allow people to choose Japanese voice acting.

The full release will have English text with Japanese audio as an option.
Nice, this makes me tempted to try it but I'm worried SE will just shut down the English version in a year before the story finishes like they've done with other games.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
So just how gacha is this? Because I played Terra Battle just for the story (until I got bored) without doing rerolls and it was fine except for the energy mechanics.

Can you just play this with whatever you get and no money spent and still see all the story without grinding/dying a lot?

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I already play Guardian Tales and Genshin Impact, not sure I have the time for another gacha but it's Nier so I have to at least give it a shot.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely will check this out for the story and music, but I'm playing too many damn gacha games as it is. Hopefully it's pretty casual if you just care about the story.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know who's doing the English localization? I hope the dub and script is as good as the previous Nier games.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I played the beta and I enjoyed the story that was available, the voice acting and music was great as well as the presentation as a whole. Not looking forward to having to redo all that with the main release but eh that's a beta test for you.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I might be in the same boat as long as the story isn't terrible. As much as I like the characters and gameplay in Dragalia Lost, I cannot stomach the copious amounts of boring, unnecessary padding in the stories.

I tried to stay interested in FF Brave Exvius, they do a lot with the tools they're given, but the story mode is such a tedious slog to complete nodes full of 7x5 fights that you just mash the "repeat" button on that I can't be bothered anymore.

Abhor

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I played the beta, and adored the music and short story narration. Looking forward to the official release whenever that actually is.

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
I might be in the same boat as long as the story isn't terrible. As much as I like the characters and gameplay in Dragalia Lost, I cannot stomach the copious amounts of boring, unnecessary padding in the stories.
I think the pacing will be more in line with more story focused gacha like Another Eden and Sdorica.

lucablight

Oct 27, 2017
Why does Yoko Taro spend so much time directing mobile gacha games instead of making console games? Seems like such a waste of his talents.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Been keeping an eye on the JP release. Gonna just play it for the story. Doesn't seem like there is enough to keep me hooked on other things.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the OT!

I can't wait for this one, been looking forward to it for a while. Give me more NieR greatness!

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Oh yeah, might be the first gacha game, apart from a certain other one, that I play more than a few mins.
But how it does fit in the Nier lore story wise? Does it spoil anything?

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017
Super fucking hyped for this.

Less fucking hyped that the release might get delayed due to certification issues with Google Play.

OP
OP
Einbroch

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Probably just means that they might not hit their internal goal time but I would say it's still tomorrow. If it's approved all they have to do is hit the switch.