• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5148

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing for this game for a few hours and it's constantly stuttering, especially in more open world areas.

Is there anything I can do to alleviate the problem?

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
This bothered me as well when I played it on release. It's a shame it happens on the Pro. I don't know of any solution.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5148

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
The game was so well received, Im just a bit surprised that I never stumbled on people tearing it apart because of this issue. Well anyways, back to it.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, this happened to me as well. There is a constant stutter that happens every some time.

I just tried not to mind it too much. I don't know if it happens on the base PS4 though.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
It is not a well polished game in a technical sense, no one is going to dispute that.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, the game doesn't run that well. Thankfully I never really noticed it when I fighting enemies.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Both base PS4 and Pro are targeting 60fps, Pro maintains it quite a bit better, but it isn't locked. Is that where the stutter is?

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I've been playing this on pro and haven't noticed any stutter. The frame rate isn't consistent though so maybe that's what you're experiencing. It jumps around from 60 to down around mid forties depending on the action.

Schlauchkopf

Alt-account
Banned
Aug 20, 2018
For what it's worth, it only really stutters while you're traversing the world, not during combat where fluid action matters the most.

That being said, a game that looks like a last-gen game with such a barren world shouldn't stutter like that, really, but it was a bit of a low-budget game so you gotta look past that.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
The game was so well received, Im just a bit surprised that I never stumbled on people tearing it apart because of this issue. Well anyways, back to it.
Well, at least it doesn't crash often like the PC version. But yeah the game is quite a technical mess on PC and not polished on console either. Funny thing is that they released the "Game of the YorHa" edition and didn't fix anything.

But yeah, it's a game with a fair amount of problems that are usually ignored by most fans, I myself think that the game is good but no great, and the bad technical issues don't do the game any favor.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Yeah it's a technical mess on the Pro and still only 1080p to boot.

That said, it's a technical mess on XBX and PC too, but just at a higher resolution.

SigEpTendo

Oct 27, 2017
The Shadows
I played it to completion on a base PS4 and can recall only two locations where I noticed stuttered, the amusement park being one. Maybe I'm not that sensitive to it?

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017

Its reception was very unconcerned with its technical performance, as is relatively typical of Yoko Taro games. Don't expect the game to be a technological achievement.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
The game was so well received (from the fans perspective at least) cause compared to other Yoko Taro games, Nier Automata's performance would be considered buttery smooth.