• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
I kept my save file and bought the trophies i didnt have to get the platinum. Come at me yall.

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
:< I didn't get the game...

Liked the varied game play mechanics, some of the bosses were cool, after all was said and done for my first and only play through I feel like I missed out on something great. Reading all the stuff about the game online it appears to be the case.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland

Liked the varied game play mechanics, some of the bosses were cool, after all was said and done for my first and only play through I feel like I missed out on something great. Reading all the stuff about the game online it appears to be the case.

You missed out on two thirds of the game yea

Plum

May 31, 2018
CAUSE WE'RE GONNA SHOUT IT LOUD

CybuEaUVIAAF_HV.jpg

Me uzsh salvela rhoza...

7686178464_fdc8ea66c7.jpg

(It's Peaceful Sleep/Resistance Camp theme if you couldn't tell)

Glass Arrows

Jan 10, 2019
Me uzsh salvela rhoza...

7686178464_fdc8ea66c7.jpg

(It's Peaceful Sleep/Resistance Camp theme if you couldn't tell)
"9S?"

"Yes?"

"Don't die alone."

You did the right thing, OP. You should go back to the original Nier if you haven't. I completed my playthrough of Automata a couple of months ago and I've been slowly working my way though Gestalt, and I must say, I'm really impressed with it so far. The gameplay is a bit rough, especially by comparison to Automata, but the storytelling is still top tier.

Og NieR is a very rough, flawed game but I think it says a lot about Yoko Taro's genuine talent that he and cavia managed to do a lot with so little. I love Automata but og NieR is legitimately a top 5 game for me, warts and all.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Honestly, given how people talk about it I sincerely feel like I missed out on 90% of it.
After playthrough 1(Ending A)- Hmm that was a good game
After playthrough 2(Ending B)- Holy shit it is getting better
After playthrough 3(Endings C,D,E)-
"Cause we're going to shout it loud
Even if our words seem meaningless
It's like I'm carrying the weight of the world
I wish that someway, somehow
That I could save every one of us
But the truth is that I'm only one girl
Maybe if I keep believing my dreams will come to life
Come to life..."
Game of the gen and top 3 of all time for me.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Well you missed most of the game so it shouldn't surprise you. :D

Eisen Sora

Jun 22, 2018
But but ...doing it you are helping others. Be proud of yourself ( I did it too, what an amazing game, ending and feeling it was)

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I did delete my file no backups, but i bought the big trophies beforehand. After the grind in Nier 1, I was owed an easy platinum lol

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I'm shocked people are this attached to their save files for games they have completed. I sacrificed mine without hesitation, just like I did for the first game.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess you didn't play the first game, then.
Judging by how good Automata sold and how little faith Square had on it by giving it such a small budget I'd say the sales disparity between Nier and Nier Automata is the size of the Grand Canyon. We're tlaking like 500% difference or more.

So yeah, not many played the first one.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm shocked people are this attached to their save files for games they have completed. I sacrificed mine without hesitation, just like I did for the first game.
I also sacrificed mine but only because I was hate playing that game for the last few hours. I was so ready for the game to end. I didn't enjoy it. The best part of the game was the same one shown in the demo: perfect vertical slice of the game. Then it all went downhill.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately, I didn't do everything before E and I was close to my platinum, so I had to say no.

I bought all the trophies from that resistance camp store just before I did ending D&E. With all the trophies unlocked I had no reason for my save file to exist anymore after doing d&e ( also who doesn't wanna help someone ! )

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
If you didn't delete your save, congratulations you did not bring glory to mankind

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Huh, no I actually didn't know this, I was still operating on the whole "killing save files" knowledge from back around release. Admittedly I've not looked into it since then.
How does one identify their own save file?

It's common sense. How many save files "died" so that you could finish the game once? If every time someone finished the game they "used up" 5-10 save files and contributed 0-1, the server would be permanently empty regardless of how generous people are.

If you didn't delete your save, congratulations you did not bring glory to mankind

Fuck mankind.

Tell me it saves catkind and I will think about it.

Oct 27, 2017
The only problem I had with Automata was how it pulled such a stupid, ridiculous retcon that completely undid the tragedy of the first Nier.

Then after ending B it's becomes truly perfect....

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Judging by how good Automata sold and how little faith Square had on it by giving it such a small budget I'd say the sales disparity between Nier and Nier Automata is the size of the Grand Canyon. We're tlaking like 500% difference or more.

So yeah, not many played the first one.
It's a crime that only square could solve with a remake or remaster

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World

You didn't miss anything, especially if you were like me and didn't bother with playing after the first ending.

chogidogs

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't delete my save. But I reloaded, bought all the trophies for the platinum, THEN deleted my save.

Alent

Oct 28, 2017
Automata did it in a much more sorta heartwarming way. The way the first game did it was just depressing. Having that little bit of hope really does make things hit harder emotionally :')

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a crime that only square could solve with a remake or remaster
A Remaster or port could never save that game from irrelevance. Although Automata was not my cup of tea I still managed to beat it and i would never say it was a bad game. Meanwhile Nier 1 i hated it, couldn't finish it and it bored me to tears. It also didn't look good at all and the main character Papa Nier was ugly as sin.

And the less said about Square feeling the need to have a younger looking Nier in search of his little sister for Japanese audiences (instead of his daughter) the better.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A Remaster or port could never save that game from irrelevance. Although Automata was not my cup of tea I still managed to beat it and i would never say it was a bad game. Meanwhile Nier 1 i hated it, couldn't finish it and it bored me to tears. It also didn't look good at all and the main character Papa Nier was ugly as sin.

And the less said about Square feeling the need to have a younger looking Nier in search of his little sister for Japanese audiences (instead of his daughter) the better.
614VmsFwoNL._SX425_.jpg

devSin

Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Deleted mine and never thought twice. I love that the op went into it blind. It's so much more impactful that way.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Game of the fucking generation for me, and the best game ending of all time.

Note- Logistically OF COURSE some saves are used by multiple people (as every person gets like 6 files while you're clearing the game, otherwise the game would run out of sacrificed saves extremely fast) but to me that doesn't lessen the meaning of the ending.

The game actually made me sacrifice a real, tangible thing important to me to help others because I found the sacrifice meaningful.

What can I fucking say? I don't think any other game (except OG Nier which I haven't played through but own and know intimately) could ever have an effect like that on me. It's a fucking master stroke of game and narrative design.

I got ending E at the end of an 8 hour binge where I played through Route C in a single sitting and was feeling rather underwhelmed (since I binged it so hard I didn't have time to process a lot of what was happening) when I somewhat accidentally triggered Ending E. When I understood what was happening I started to cry and applaud the screen.

Oct 25, 2017

You didn't finish the game, that might be a reason you didn't "get it".

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
In hindsight, I probably should've deleted my save because I never went back to it after that, but I knew it was coming so I didn't want to. I'm happy so many people had a legitimate moment with it, though. I wish I could feel the same.

coconut gun

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

you're just wrong lol.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you're just wrong lol.
To you I may be but that game bombed for a reason. I was so surprised Square would give that franchise a try after the lukewarm reception (at best) of the first one but in happy that they did because they made a much better game with a relatively low budget. This game must've been the most profitable Square Enix home console game they've made in years (budget vs income made).

coconut gun

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
To you I may be but that game bombed for a reason. I was so surprised Square would give that franchise a try after the lukewarm reception (at best) of the first one but in happy that they did because they made a much better game with a relatively low budget. This game must've been the most profitable Square Enix home console game they've made in years (budget vs income made).

no, you're still just wrong lmao

gestalt/replicant would do much better today than it did 9 years ago. different times, different audiences, people would absolutely lap that game up

just because you're incapable of feeling the games emotional resonance doesn't mean the majority of people are

Deleted member 227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I backed up my save, then uploaded/deleted it to help other people with the credits. Then I did again for good measure.