• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Great. I wonder if a direct sequel is in the works. Next-gen sequel would be great!

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
EiryE_7WkAMFdsG

Voodoowoolf

Oct 31, 2017
my first Yoko Taro game and loved every minute of it! Hopefully a sequel is in the works or a new IP.

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
BOOM BABY, it's deserved. I didn't expect it to have sold that much but I'm happy for them, and for the series. It deserves all the love it gets

Dec 21, 2017
Good, it deserves every penny of it.

Second best game of the decade, game of the generation and easily GOTY 2017 for me.

Mar 19, 2020
Well deserved. Never played any of Yoko's games before and it ended up being one of my favourites this gen. Looking forward to the upcoming remaster.

Lothar

Oct 25, 2017
If it did so well, can we have a 3rd Nier game?

Easily my favorite game of the last 20 years.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Absolutely deserved and it should get more! I still listen to the soundtrack regularly and think of the story on occasion. It'll easily be Top 5 for my game of the generation.

original.gif

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Probably going to buy it a third time, this time for Xbox. The PC version is... problematic.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Was blown away at how cool this game is when I tried in on xCloud for the first time earlier this week. But after 2 hours of playing I was reset back to to beginning...

Once I calm down I will Google how to save and try again lol

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
I have it on my PSN cart right now, but I think I'll wait until after TGS to buy it. I sorta feel a remaster is coming.

Velguarder

Jan 10, 2020
I never would've anticipated sales like this back then, but I'm so happy for the team. One of my GOATs. I've convinced at least 4 people to buy it.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was blown away at how cool this game is when I tried in on xCloud for the first time earlier this week. But after 2 hours of playing I was reset back to to beginning...

Once I calm down I will Google how to save and try again lol

It's just the intro. You gotta beat and then it has normal saves, but it takes a bit to get there.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
For some reason didn't notice the 4 and thought wow that's a lot of returns since the last update.

Well deserved. Was my first foray into the Nier universe.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That is amazing. And with Taura being there I really hope that they're working on a followup together.

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018
At this point Square Enix should just let Yoko Taro redo all the Drakengard games with Platinum Games.

Let NieR be the franchise name going forward and title the remakes as NieR: Drakengard, NieR: Drakengard 2, NieR: Drakengard 3

Feb 9, 2019
Gacha Hell
Chuckled at all the setup for a 5M announcement and then oops not quite.

But man, ten years ago I'd call you nuts if you told me a Nier sequel would sell millions and do almost as well as Dragon Quest XI.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
At this point Square Enix should just let Yoko Taro redo all the Drakengard games with Platinum Games.

Let NieR be the franchise name going forward and title the remakes as NieR: Drakengard, NieR: Drakengard 2, NieR: Drakengard 3
That would be cool. I own all three of them on PS2/3 but I can't be bothered to set it up on my TV. I especially want to get to the alt ending in the first game that leads into Nier.