• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SebTheCat

Oct 27, 2017
Saw this earlier, and couldn't find a thread on it so decided to make one.

https://twitter.com/NieRGame/status/1075390545311252480

Not sure if this is PS4 only or if it's coming to PC as well.

Comes out Feb 26th 2019 for PS4 and contains:

• All bonus pre-order dlc (pod skins and some wearable masks).
  • The actual DLC they released for the game.
  • PS4 avatar sets.
  • PS4 dynamic theme.

Plus it seems to be using the Japanese (and vastly superior) box art.

Appears to be on Amazon.co.uk for £30 which is good as well.

Going to pick this up I think as I can't pass on the avatars/themes and the box art. Also I've always wanted a physical copy of the game so why not.

Glory to mankind!

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
if this gets delayed again on PC and SE handle the PC user base like they did with OG automata then i hope to God that it sells like shit so that they don't take PC users for granted and delay games or keep up the misinformation just to toy with their PC users.

On a side note if this has the PC version patched up then i might buy this version in the future...

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I don't care if it's a clever title, be as gods sounds cooler and I wish they went with that name.

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
I Hope the theme can be bought separately. I have a need for themes on my PS4 that isn't being fulfilled properly. I want to buy your damn themes, stop hiding them behind bonuses forever! I'm talking to you especially, Persona 5.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Perfect.
Because of my Backlog this game was in my pipeline, and now my patience has been awarded.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
wanna buy this just to support YT again and that awesome symbolic cover art with their blindfolds off alone..but i already have the damn base game+DLC..FML

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Neat:

This is gonna be the first time the amazarashi pod skin DLC will be available in the west.

Thus far it was exclusive to the japanese PS4 version.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cool. I've been planning on picking Nier up again though I don't know if I'll wait for this it depends on how things play out.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Cool, but I already have the dlc and stuff.

I wish there was a Collector's Set of this edition.

Dec 14, 2017
I have the US version and my box has this boxart but everyone has their headbands on? Are most people saying it's different in EU or another region? Either way, never got the dlc on PS4 and that jp only pod skin is neat, but probably won't be picking this up. I feel this should have released when Xb1 version came out that also had everything, but oh well.

plast

Oct 25, 2017
if this gets delayed again on PC and SE handle the PC user base like they did with OG automata then i hope to God that it sells like shit so that they don't take PC users for granted and delay games or keep up the misinformation just to toy with their PC users.

On a side note if this has the PC version patched up then i might buy this version in the future...
I stopped paying attention after I finished the game, but did they ever release even a single patch for PC? I remember having to use Kaldaien's mod or fuck around with custom resolutions to fix that stupid 900p bug.

[Sigma]

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Need those avatars and theme. Missed out on the Premium Musical Notes Memories of Puppets concert deal they had going on for JP/Asia which gave avatars and a theme so I gotta get this.lol.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Do I need to play the first game to understand anything for this?

Even Nier isn't technically the first game. I don't even understand the video I'm about to post. I went into Automata mostly blind and really enjoyed the game (still need to go back).

But if you want ALL of the backstory...

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Do I need to play the first game to understand anything for this?
There are some certain things you will know about the overall story of the world if you've played through the first game that will make you look at the plot a bit differently than someone coming in totally blind. The game will eventually fill you in on the big things you need to know about, though, and doesn't assume that you know anything beyond what it's telling you. There's such a huge gap of time between the two games that they're almost completely independent stories.

Valdega

Banned
Sep 7, 2018

I'm pretty sure they aren't going to patch the PC version at all. They'll just create a new package on Steam that's the base game + DLC.

Nachtfalke

Oct 31, 2017
So, is all the additional in game content all on disc? Because I am not too fond of special editions where are just the base game but with a code in the box for the extra content. Avatars and theme, ehhh, that's to be expected.

The DLC is not on the disc. gameware.at uploaded shots from the packaging mentioning you have to redeem a voucher code.
https://www.gameware.at/info/space/NieR+Automata+Game+of+the+YoRHa+Edition?emphasize=P4-NIERGY