• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From an interview with Martinez:
"For me the biggest change is just the endurance to do what I think of as a ten-hour movie – or a 16-hour movie in the case of 'Too Old To Die Young,'" Martinez said when asked about the difference between working on a streaming series versus a film. "It's ten episodes that are around 90 minutes a piece. I warned Nic Winding Refn, you better drink a lot of coffee and get a lot of sleep when you can."
In case you forgot the plot:
"Too Old to Die Young" stars Miles Teller as a grieving police officer forced to investigate Los Angeles' criminal underworld, which includes working-class hit men, Yakuza soldiers, cartel assassins sent from Mexico, and Russian mafia captains. The supporting cast includes Billy Baldwin, Jena Malone, John Hawkes, Callie Hernandez, and August Aguilera.
Expect 16 hours of this:

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
Good lord this is gonna be so amazing. The world ain't ready for this.

giphy.gif

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am really torn between my love for Nicholas Winding Refn and my distaste for Miles Teller.

Where is this airing, exactly?

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
And the pacing will be flawless.

J/K, this shit's gonna be a beautiful slog.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait!

Drive is one of my favorite movies. I have yet to see Only God Forgives though. I should get on that.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait!

Drive is one of my favorite movies. I have yet to see Only God Forgives though. I should get on that.
Lol enjoy.

In all seriousness I love his early work. Pusher is great as is Valhalla rising and of course drive. I still haven't seen neon but have heard good things. God forgive is dreck but it's certainly interesting

I will watch the shit out of this though. I really enjoy tortured Teller and the trailer alone hooks me with the shot composition and music

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Each episode will be 72 minutes of people staring intensely at one another followed up by someone being brutalized.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
This is gonna be this mofuckas Twin Peaks S3. Auteur to the millionth degree. I'm not sure if I'm down for that much Refn, but I'll try.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Going to watch this mainly for the potential for good wallpapers.

Also, the music too.

hidys

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It will be either ground breaking and amazing or terrible and completely unwatchable.

It will definitely be noteworthy for something.

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
900 straight minutes of Refn might be a bit much. This looks more Only God Forgives and Neon Demon than Drive. This is going to be a beautiful disaster.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
going to be the best tv show of 2019 you guys just wait

NWR directing and brubaker writing, there is no way this is going to anything but great

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
My good friend was a location manager for this show, there's a tonnn of great LA locations featured. It was a hell of a production. Pretty excited for it actually.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Refn and Brubaker only means it's going to be excellently paced and drippy pulp goodness for 900 minutes. I'm in for all of them.

Shokunin

Oct 25, 2017
The city beautiful
In.

I really liked The Neon Demon after not really enjoying Only God Forgives.

And I fell in love with Cliff Martinez after his score to Traffic. He is so talented.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How are the movies on his streaming service? Can you watch them on a TV or only in a browser?

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I hope one episode is Ryan Gosling staring intensely into his bowl of cheerios for an hour straight.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
I love Nic but I hate Amazon as a corporation and their video app is CraveTV level bad on my Samsung so hopefully I´ll be able to rent it at my local video place. It looks dope AF though.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Do we have any sort of release window for this one?

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Look, as long as it's less Neon Demon and little more like Only God Forgives, then I might consider it.

I've also come to the conclusion that his Bronson/Drive days have come and gone.

CassCade

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I am excited for this, I expect it to be visually stunning at the very least. The fact that Ed Brubaker is writing this gives me hope that this may not be boring, I actually enjoyed the Neon Demon, if it wasn't for its amazing visuals, cinematography and score, I would have found it boring.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yup. That's a Resetera post alright.

GcNBRLY.jpg

Also, that music was more than a BIT Stranger Things, right? We can surely agree on one thing?