• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Is he going to start being more picky about projects or keep saying yes to all sort of stuff, since it appears he really loves what he does, even if it's stuff the rest of the world might not appreciate?

He says in the article that he's going to be more picky now.

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Vampire's Kiss is the greatest cinematic achievement in the history of the medium and I challenge anyone to try and prove me wrong.

photofunky.gif

gVGvE.gif

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
I didn't realize Drive Angry didn't work. I love that movie. I always wanted a sequel with Cage and Fichtner more doing a buddy cop type thing.

El_Chino

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy for him but him shutting down National Treasure 3 breaks my heart. I loved those movies.

Katamari

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I greatly respect someone who can stick to such a long-term plan. Nic Cage well earned it.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
As someone who's struggled with debt for years and finally about to get out of it while taking care of my elderly mother, I can relate so hard. I'm so happy for him. Reading this has genuinely made my day better.

Disco Stu

Oct 27, 2017
My wife and I were riding in a gondola with Nic and his family at a film festival back in 2006. It was the year Paranormal Activity came out and he was saying how he needed to make a movie that grosses like that. At the time, I don't think it was public info about this finances yet.

Glad he finally dug himself out of that. His wife and kids were cool. I spent some of the time talking to his son about Ben-10 and Megatron. 😄

Eddman

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
Good for him. Very refreshing to see positive stories like this one in the entertainment industry, not everything has to be mental breakdowns and misery.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nic Cage is one-of-a-kind. Glad he seems to be in a better place now.

Bazza

Oct 27, 2017
Love Nic Cage, can't remember if it was here or the old place but in a Cage related thread someone posted a video of an interview he did where he discussed his favourite characters he played and from what I got from the interview he treats every roll exactly the same regardless of how big the movie was and how much he was paid. Can't remember which was his favourite bust Caster Troy was in the top 3 I think and was the only one he would want to do some kind of prequel/sequel for because he had so much fun experimenting with the character.

The thing I got most out of that interview was the feeling that he genuinely loves acting and he is a proper movie nerd as well which isn't at all surprising considering the family he comes from. So the idea of him not giving his best and not phoning it in is not surprising. So the idea of him not giving his would probably offend his belief of what being an actor is.

Kind of made me realise why Con Air (not his best I know but it's the one I enjoy watching the most and have watched the most times) is my favourite Cage movie. The cast for that film was insane and you would think that any other options for the lead roll in that decade could probably have pulled it off but I really don't think so. Con Air is just ridiculous and I think it needed someone like Nic Cage fully commiting as an actor as the center hub of a completely insane movie that should never have been as fun as it was.

Aaaaanyway getting back to the no debt thing 🤣 really am glad, looking forward to seeing him in films where he can actually pick and choose the characters he wants to play.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who in their right mind would accuse Nicolas Cage of 'phoning it in' ?
Well it was more his trend of going all in on shit roles. You guys should look up some of his stuff the last 20 years it feels like. Only recently has he been in movies that people liked. For the most part maybe outside of a movie like Kickass during that time period, he was on the cover of those really bad looking VOD crap.

Bruce Willis is doing that right now, except he really is phoning it in with completely bored performances etc.

Alent

Oct 28, 2017
People who say Nic Cage phones it in don't watch Nic Cage. He's always in 110% and it's great. Good to hear his life is back on track.

pants

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ya love to see it!

This story is ridiculous, but I was on a streetcar in New Orleans basically ten years ago with some movie biz folk who were shamelessly laughing about how he was so in debt he'd have to say yes to whatever role was offered him. Just casually joking about him being a shoe in for whatever they needed him for lol.

His roles as of late have been really terrific, Mandy and Pig immediately come to mind.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ya love to see it!

This story is ridiculous, but I was on a streetcar in New Orleans with some movie biz folk who were shamelessly laughing about how he was so in debt he'd have to say yes to whatever role was offered him.
Yeah isn't that potentially a legal thing of not being able to 'turn down work' while indebted to the US government?

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Well done to Nicolas Cage! You can't say he phones in his performances either, no matter the role, he will get immersed into it with absolute intensity.

Now where is Nic in the MCU!? (I'll happily accept him coming back as Ghost Rider)

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Happy for Cage, I've always found him interesting even in a long period of hating anything with him in it. Over the years he's moved from like a childhood staple actor of someone synonymous with movies, to being synonymous with just terrible roles, and someone I memed on with my brother, to us both gradually coming back into the light and learning to legitimately love the dude now.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
He's had a career resurgence. Although he still makes random movies. So do a lot of other actors to get that paycheck but you never hear about those like you do his.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
I want this guy to now get a huge payday that's all his. Cast him in the MCU!!!!

I don't know who as though. Ghost Rider is too small. I want him to be like the next mega villain or leader. Dude has earned it.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
There was a weird stretch in his later career where he did kinda phone it in, but we know it was for paychecks so it's OK.

nicolas-cage-dodged-a-bullet.gif