• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
You know what? Nicki don't make it easy to stan for her, but I'mma give it to her and show some respect. Love or hate her music, there's no denying that she's a vet in this thing, and was making big moves during a period when it was literal crickets on the female MC scene in the top 40. She's got a better pen than most of these dudes mumbling their way through a career (who get passes BECAUSE they're dudes), and all your faves have a least one track with her.

Super Bass came on my spotify the other day, and I remembered how much I legit loved that song. So imagine my gag when I realized that song came out in 2010.

Take your break, Nicki. You earned it.

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
tumblr_inline_p7k2zn7JxB1r16s8n_540.gif

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
On the flipside much of her career moves have been baffling as of late. The rise of all these street focused female mc's (and male too, ten years ago a group like Migos crossing over into pop would be unheard of) the past couple of years should have been a career resurgence
TI?

Deleted member 16609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
You know what? Nicki don't make it easy to stan for her, but I'mma give it to her and show some respect. Love or hate her music, there's no denying that she's a vet in this thing, and was making big moves during a period when it was literal crickets on the female MC scene in the top 40. She's got a better pen than most of these dudes mumbling their way through a career (who get passes BECAUSE they're dudes), and all your faves have a least one track with her.

Super Bass came on my spotify the other day, and I remembered how much I legit loved that song. So imagine my gag when I realized that song came out in 2010.

Take your break, Nicki. You earned it.
The hell you rambling about. What is this mumble shit you speak off? During her time it was Drake, Macklemore, Riri, 2 Chains and Em. The early 2010's was run by them. Not this mumble shit you speak off. She was the most versatile out of the bunch venturing into other genres.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
rap is too competitive for that. there's not enough women rappers so being a female rapper is it's own "lane". i dont think nicki is the type of person being cool with falling back into a mentor role atm

the main difference is with the dudes they're so many of them that you dont have a choice but to bow out and humble yourself when you fall out
Yeah but why does it have to be a one row lane? Like, obviously a lot of that is patriarchy bullshit, but they both always contributed to it instead of just staying chill towards each other. They could have changed that competitiveness to some degree, but chose to jump at each other's throats constantly.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
The hell you rambling about. What is this mumble shit you speak off? During her time it was Drake, Macklemore, Riri, 2 Chains and Em. The early 2010's was run by them. Not this mumble shit you speak off. She was the most versatile out of the bunch venturing into other genres.

Huh?

No, I legit don't know what you're trying to say here.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Pulling a Namie Amuro huh? It's better to cash out early and still on top than to steadily have weaker sales like Britney or Ayumi. I can respect that.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Can't afford her ghostwriters anymore? We'll always have her dope Monster verse on Kanye's album

TangFei

Banned
Aug 18, 2019
So happy for her. The internet abuse she's been receiving has skyrocketed over the last few years. She still has one more album that she's releasing so I'll be content. It is butter sweet since I grew up on her hits.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
That mumble(male)rappers were not a thing during her prime run on the charts. And still aren't.
Oh.

I wasn't talking about her "prime" run. I'm talking about her run, period. And the phenomenon that a lot of females in Hip Hop get dogged by accusations of having ghost writers and being devalued for their skills in general, while clown ass dudes with half the talent skate by.

Deleted member 16609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
Oh.

I wasn't talking about her "prime" run. I'm talking about her run, period. And the phenomenon that a lot of females in Hip Hop get dogged by accusations of having ghost writers and being devalued for their skills in general, while clown ass dudes with half the talent skate by.
Okay, my bad. But yeah she doesn't get the respect in the game. She set the lane for these new Female MC's.

TravoltaWatchesYou

Alt account
Banned
Aug 24, 2019
Hopefully she doesn't vanish from the limelight because I want to see just how light her skin gets. I think she'll go full Michael Jackson by 40.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Nicki Minaj passed down One For All to Meg on the set of the Hot Girl Summer video now she losing her powers as we speak

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
I just listened to her verse on Hot Girl Summer. This is for the best.

She was getting into the Eminem zone.

KillingJoke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Her album sales have tanked and her tour sales have been hilariously awful. So yeah, enjoy your "retirement", it's going to be hilarious when this doesn't work and her come back album flops.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
TI I feel had a good run tho earlier in his career (hell a great three album run from Trap Muzik on) His downside has been a long one (although there's been some upsides) but as far as a body of work it feels like you can point to a period of time where he was one of the best rappers out there.

Minaj doesn't have that strong a discography, even tho she's as strong a rapper

Middleman

Banned
Jun 14, 2019
So she should. It's clear she doesn't need to be making music to keep living rent free in some of y'alls heads

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Probably unrelated & little bit off-topic, as I don't use Twitter, but...

The heck is that profile pic...?

Frunkle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why can't the music industry support more than...2 female rappers? or hell, more than 1?

What is it about society or the industry which means they have to pit them against one another or make one feel inadiquate. Is it because the idea of a female rapper is still seen as a bit of a gimmick?

It's more that, imo, nicki moved away from what really made her pop. Compare starships and superbass to something like Lookin Ass. She went from good pop to following that trend rap.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
she'll be back but age would've retired her sooner or later anyway. her music didn't evolve and she's getting too old to do the songs she's still doing.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
This really didn't need an announcement. She could have focused on family and noone would notice that she doesn't make new music.