• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Which one would be your pick?

Just some recommendations to get the conversation going,

91xib55WPQL._RI_.jpg

hey-dude.jpg

images

a65uq3wp7cr31.jpg

b766904fd888a3b4f71be351af280dc8.jpg

28c641398cac91fb5bd441a3fc481d62.png

x1080

hidden-temples-18.jpg

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
I loved Legends of the Hidden Temple. Something about the cut-away view of the whole temple so you could see into every room from the side like it was a videogame level was, and is still, so appealing to me visually.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Hidden Temple still gives me more visceral anxiety than any other game show I've ever seen. Just universally brilliant.

That said, All That also deserves a lot of respect for launching Kenan Thompson's career.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
pete and pete was on a whole 'nother level. i'm kind of surprised it was even a thing, for its time at least

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
Kenan and Kel. Salute your shorts. Alex Mack. Are you afraid of the dark. All that. But most importantly, Pete and Pete.

These shows are all incredible. They didn't speak down to their audience. They didn't lean on laugh tracks. They were just great

twopenny

Oct 27, 2017
There are so many classic episodes of Pete and Pete; I watched all these shows and the only one I return to is Pete and Pete. So, so good!

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
I won't stand for this Roundhouse erasure.

Also, Melissa Joan Hart is a big Republican, so I don't want Clarissa explaining anything more to me. Girl, bye.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
Kenan and Kel was my favorite as a kid.

I also really liked Slime Time Live, wish I went to a live taping when it was still going on.

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
Loved pretty much every show listed so far. One that hasn't been mentioned yet is Nickelodeon GUTS. Was kinda like the Nick version of American Gladiators. They'd compete against each other on obstacle courses and stuff and then at the end would race up a giant mountain.

Had a crush on the Aussie ref / scorekeeper lady too.

tk4e0o0ewur41.png

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
I expected stuff like The Amanda Show, Drake and Josh, Ned's Declassified, Zoey 101, coming into this thread.

Y'all are old. Go eat some oatmeal.

Tho I did really like watching hidden temple whenever I caught it early in the morning/I was at someone's house who had Nick GAS

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Pete and Pete
Salute Your Shorts
You Can't Do that on Television
Clarissa Explains it All
Hey Dude

are probably my favorite of the live action shows

But I also loved a lot of their game shows as well

Finders Keepers
Make the Grade
Get the Picture
GUTS
Wild and Crazy Kids
Double Dare
Legends of the Hidden Temple
Nick Arcade

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
I expected stuff like The Amanda Show, Drake and Josh, Ned's Declassified, Zoey 101, coming into this thread.

Y'all are old. Go eat some oatmeal.

Tho I did really like watching hidden temple whenever I caught it early in the morning/I was at someone's house who had Nick GAS

All those shows together couldn't touch Pete and Pete.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Are you Afraid of the Dark was the only one I would watch every weekend. The others were ok, but wasn't "can't miss" tv to me when I was in grade school.

Megawarrior

Oct 25, 2017
Ned's Declassified better than all the shows in the OP me thinks. I think we should have that conversation.

Oct 26, 2017
Kenan and Kel is the correct answer.

Special shout-outs to All That, Drake and Josh, Pete and Pete, and Cousin Skeeter.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My favorites were always Salute Your Shorts and Kenan and Kel.

I still can't believe how long this scene goes on for. Kenan and Kel both had great comedic timing.

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
I definitely preferred their game show stuff over their live-action comedy/drama stuff except for Are You Afraid Of The Dark. I could never get into stuff like Hey Dude or Salute Your Shorts, I found them kinda boring as a kid and would only watch them if there was nothing else on.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
Can we mention more modern Nick shows? If so, it would either be Drake & Josh or iCarly.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
It's a coin toss between Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide and The Amanda Show. Honorable mentions go to Salute Your Shorts and Legends of the Hidden Temple.
C'mon now....

There's only ONE show that matters when it comes to Nickelodeon live action.
drakejoshCreditbeat.jpg
Drake Bell moving to Mexico, changing his name and singing/tweeting exclusively in Spanish after being called out for abuse and assault has made this completely unwatchable for me.

KamenSenshi

Nov 27, 2017
Out of those listed it's easily Clarissa then Salute followed closely by Hey Dude. Otherwise Are you Afraid of the Dark is second.

Cogg

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Pete and Pete. Go watch The Nightcrawlers or the Field of Pete episode and tell me otherwise.