• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, can you blame them?

- Stu Pickles
- Drew Pickles
- Hugh Neutron
- Timmy Turner's Dad
- Jack Phantom
- Ray Rocket
- Bob Pataki
- Lynn Loud
- White Pantera
- Dr. Membrane

This selection is ridiculous. You could make an entire All-Star fighting game out of them.

They definitely have to do a Dad-LC pack.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
tenor.gif

Ziiiim!

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit I'm a having a nostalgia blast running through this thread.

I want to legit know if there was anyone here actually advocating for a Nickelodeon type smash game ages before now. This is just something I never would have thought of lol.

I've wanted a good cartoon-based Smash clone ever since Punch Time Explosion got my hopes up and dashed them expertly. There have been a million attempts at the genre and they always fall into the same traps. Indie devs are obsessed with the competitive side of Smash and generally try to make some super technical fighter with a bunch of weird OCs nobody cares about, and big publishers have the popular IP and crossover appeal needed for this type of game but opt to crank out janky shovelware with no depth at all. With Nick's stable of characters and Ludosity behind the wheel this one might finally be the perfect storm of a good license and competent gameplay.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm more excited for this than I've ever been for SSB. Lol. Now I want a Cartoon Network vs Nick crossover.

Guessing the other ninja turtles are going to be echo fighters? Michelangelo is also in the trailer.

Jun 22, 2021
Honestly, can't wait to see the meta of this game.

Here's hoping for Jimmy Neutron and his dad, and if they give us live action characters then I want Gibby.

Wonder if they'll add more rugrats character considering some of them are in Nickelodeon's super brawl universe.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
I think I'm more excited for this than I've ever been for SSB. Lol. Now I want a Cartoon Network vs Nick crossover.

Guessing the other ninja turtles are going to be echo fighters? Michelangelo is also in the trailer.

They may share a few normals here and there. Like I can see all of them sharing the Turtles in Time-style JUMP KICK. But there's nothing yet suggesting that the turtles won't be otherwise unique.

Hell, based on what we've seen from the trailer so far, someone on the dev team is definitely a fan of TMNT Tournament Fighters (SNES).

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017

The other turtles probably aren't going to really be the same. Leonardo's also in the trailer, and his moves are clearly making use of his swords, while Mikey has the nunchucks which should be different moveset wise. Donatello, if he's in, would also have a weapon that's nothing like the other, so Raph would probably get his own unique moveset as well.

Jun 8, 2018
The other turtles probably aren't going to really be the same. Leonardo's also in the trailer, and his moves are clearly making use of his swords, while Mikey has the nunchucks which should be different moveset wise. Donatello, if he's in, would also have a weapon that's nothing like the other, so Raph would probably get his own unique moveset as well.
Fun fact: the turtles' moves are from their old school games

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
No Fairly Odd Parents, Rocco's Modern Life, or Avatar representation is a questionable choice.

DeadeyeNull

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 26, 2018
I want ginger from as told by ginger. Also Mrs. Puff, and Doug, and cow and chicken, and toph. My hype is through the roof.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Damn guess that Avatar stage in the trailer means there's only a stage. RIP Aang and Korra.
1. Catdog's an Avatar character? How did I not know?

2. An Avatar stage, even assuming stage = characters, does not mean those characters in particular. We've got Powdered Toast Man announced while Ren and Stimpy are still just Silhouettes. We've got Nigel Thornberry announced without a hint at Eliza (the actual main character of that show). Reptar with no actual Rugrats. Etc. So yes. All but confirmed =/= confirmed.

I want ginger from as told by ginger. Also Mrs. Puff, and Doug, and cow and chicken, and toph. My hype is through the roof.
Doug isn't a Nickelodeon character anymore. Cow and Chicken never were.

DeadeyeNull

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 26, 2018
Doug isn't a Nickelodeon character anymore. Cow and Chicken never were.
I didn't know they don't own Doug anymore, I could've sworn cow and chicken was nickelodeon but I guess it just has the vibe. They got to get rocket power though. Also more hey Arnold characters. Got to get rockos modern life characters too.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Will this have voicing for the characters and if it does will it just be recycled lines? I've not played their games in a looong time so I don't know the kind of resources are usually put into the games.