• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LocalA

Oct 29, 2017
how many eps of YCDTOTV and DD are there on there?

For YCDTOTV, it's just the first season but there's a good chunk of the original DD run on Paramount+; at least a couple hundred episodes. It's most if not all of the original 1986-1987 episodes and the same for the 1988 syndicated episodes.

I've done the same as Retro and kept DD on in the background, surprised I've been enjoying episodes of that and Nick Arcade on a loop. It's TV comfort food.

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
how many eps of YCDTOTV and DD are there on there?

Unless my browser is broken (possible, Paramount+ fusses about NoScript and uBlock a lot), it's not the full series for either. YCDTOT appears to have all of Season 2 and one episode of Season 3 (Cosmetics), strangely, while Double Dare is just listed as "Season 1" but has 250 episodes and the air dates aren't accurate at all. I can check on my roku later but I think that's it.

For YCDTOTV, it's just the first season but there's a good chunk of the original DD run on Paramount+; at least a couple hundred episodes. It's most if not all of the original 1986-1987 episodes and the same for the 1988 syndicated episodes.

Okay, so it's not just me then and it's a limited selection. Better than nothing, really, and considering it's a free trial I'm not too worried.

I've done the same as Retro and kept DD on in the background, surprised I've been enjoying episodes of that and Nick Arcade on a loop. It's TV comfort food.

God yes, all it's missing are the interstitial bumpers / station idents and 80's commercials. I'm working away in the present, but I glance up or pay half attention every now and then and it's like I'm 8 years old again.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017

holy shit, a couple hundred episodes of DD?! i HAVE to get this.

nick game shows are indeed the ultimate comfort food. i used nick GAS in the 2000s in the same exact way; just a really nice pleasant time whenever i needed it.

Oct 27, 2017
i actually have hours and hours of nick gas recorded somewhere. it just feels redundant now with this. it was in the last few months of the service being terminated, so i freaked and recorded everything. by the end, there were only like five shows repeating, so it wasn't the best of the best (only double dare 2000 😑)

wish finders keepers was on paramount.

signed up for the free trial — whatevs! so happy to see salute your shorts and nick arcade on there.

Deleted member 3082

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
signed up for the free trial — whatevs! so happy to see salute your shorts and nick arcade on there.

It's kind of a beggars-can't-be-choosers situation, really.

I have yet to wade into the non Double Dare stuff. I think the nick toons will be fine, but the live action stuff (thinking specifically of Clarissa) might have aged terribly. Will report back, I'm glad I'm not the only one giving this a try, we can kind of discuss something between episodes of Nick Knacks, at least.

Oct 27, 2017
It's kind of a beggars-can't-be-choosers situation, really.

I have yet to wade into the non Double Dare stuff. I think the nick toons will be fine, but the live action stuff (thinking specifically of Clarissa) might have aged terribly. Will report back, I'm glad I'm not the only one giving this a try, we can kind of discuss something between episodes of Nick Knacks, at least.
yeah, hey dude is a turd imo, but salute your shorts is cheesy fun. you have to kind of expect not too much.

Deleted member 3082

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah, hey dude is a turd imo, but salute your shorts is cheesy fun. you have to kind of expect not too much.

Oh yeah, I expect it to all be cheesy fun and my expectations are in check. I'm just happy to add something to my work rotation that's as nostalgic as the Disney Afternoon / Batman: TAS. If I am amused with outdated tropes and 90s awkwardness… well, I'm outdated and spent the entire 90s being awkward too.

ShottiePippen

Oct 29, 2017
Remembered watching Now when it aired on Nick. Read the sequel novel Things I Can't Explain by Kriegman a few years back too.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017

I've enjoyed watching SYS on Paramount Plus, but watching it as an adult, I'm kind of surprised at how mean-spirited some of the episodes were lol. There's one where all the kids literally set Donkey Lips up to get his ass beat by the camp bully, and they are disappointed when it doesn't happen. I was like WTF

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
8295e8f5c5a9958b037fa3ee7b9314036504fd17.gifv

Waiting for Greg to give us the goods.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Is there actually a good and thorough Looney Tunes doc already in general? I'm sure there's some focused and shorter ones on those collection DVDs but I feel like if this one goes over an hour it might be one of the longest on the subject.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Is there actually a good and thorough Looney Tunes doc already in general? I'm sure there's some focused and shorter ones on those collection DVDs but I feel like if this one goes over an hour it might be one of the longest on the subject.

From earlier in the thread:

www.youtube.com

The Story of Bosko, the First Looney Tune | THE MERRIE HISTORY OF LOONEY TUNES

EPISODE 1In the first episode of this eight-part documentary mini-series on Warner Brothers animation, we'll be explore the humble beginnings of the Looney T...

iirc, this was recommended by greg, too.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
From earlier in the thread:

www.youtube.com

The Story of Bosko, the First Looney Tune | THE MERRIE HISTORY OF LOONEY TUNES

EPISODE 1In the first episode of this eight-part documentary mini-series on Warner Brothers animation, we'll be explore the humble beginnings of the Looney T...

iirc, this was recommended by greg, too.

Sweet! Thanks!

Onto the watchlist it goes. I feel like I know a good amount about the history just by virtue of being an animation fan but I'm not sure I've ever watched something super in depth before.

DanSensei

Nov 15, 2017
I've been looking for a cartoon I saw on Nick once for years, maybe someone here knows it. It's slot a bunch of animals saving their first from being cut down by some humans. At the end, the humans get a car with huge saw blades on it to chop down the forest. The animals defeat it and teach the humans a lesson. For example, one of the humans is a priest, so they invade his church and make him think God is punishing him. Anyone remember this?

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021

Oh neat, we're getting a Cartoon Network retrospective in our Nick retrospective.

I've been looking for a cartoon I saw on Nick once for years, maybe someone here knows it. It's slot a bunch of animals saving their first from being cut down by some humans. At the end, the humans get a car with huge saw blades on it to chop down the forest. The animals defeat it and teach the humans a lesson. For example, one of the humans is a priest, so they invade his church and make him think God is punishing him. Anyone remember this?
Do you remember the decade you saw this?

Oct 27, 2017
Come to think of it, Pinky and the Brain aired on Nickelodeon for a time, didn't it. I remember as a kid it was one of those very rare shows to appear on both. I think Tiny Toons did as well.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Hm, I was going to say maybe The Animals of Farthing Wood as that did air on Nick back in the late '90s, but as I recall it's more about animals trying to steer clear of humans and reach a new home rather than staying and fighting back. There was a scene inside a church in one episode, but they were merely hiding out.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017

Huh, he's covered most of the shows that appeared on Nick at that time, and the ones left, looking at the lineup from https://www.resetera.com/threads/ni...e-of-nickelodeon.136846/page-12#post-64379189 I don't think any of the rest of them would have something like that. Which means it was probably on special delivery. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Delivery_(TV_series)#Episodes gives a list of episodes (including my nemesis, the red balloon.....curse you, red balloon!)

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
Come to think of it, Pinky and the Brain aired on Nickelodeon for a time, didn't it. I remember as a kid it was one of those very rare shows to appear on both. I think Tiny Toons did as well.
I believe so. Both Pinky and the Brain and Tiny Toon Adventures (and Animaniacs) saw airtime on regular Nick, Nicktoons Network, and Cartoon Network at various points.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yessss! I've been on a Looney Tunes phrase lately.

I found an interesting cartoon Chuck Jones produced all about the importance of affordable health care and vaccinations. One of the few Looney Tunes shorts I've seen that is unambiguously relevant to today.

Deleted member 3082

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got to watch it, the rights were in a state of absolute chaos forever. I'm gonna have to dig into all the Warner Brothers backstabbing, that sounds like total anarchy too.

Also, up next is Heathcliff, which (and I quote) "comes to Nickelodeon and creates a whole lot of furries."

Y8NrZIc.png

Oooooooh right... that checks out... Poor PopArena gonna have to sort through all that Rule 34.

Deleted member 3082

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, thundercats probably created more furries than heathcliff.

Healthcliff ran from 84-88 in Syndication and then 88-93 on Nickelodeon, 93-98 on the Family Channel and Fox family from 98-99. Thundercats only ran from 85-89. Thundercats was definitely a big influence, but Healthcliff was always there in one form or another where kids could see it. This was intentionally done by the sinister Furry cabal, Operation Worldwide Otherkin to ensure there was always a slate of both familiar staples and exciting new anthropomorphized-animal shows on TV to corrupt the youth.

(To be clear, I am joking, though I think a study of the various influences on furry subculture over the years would be interesting to read... at least until you got to the weird sonic fanart era... woof).

Last edited:

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
read this a ton as a kid, didnt even know there was a cartoon wow

Yep. I know I watched it as a kid, but i don't remember much beyond the theme song. I don't remember the furry girl at all.
youtu.be

Heathcliff - Opening Theme

Heathcliff - Opening ThemeThis is the opening theme from Heathcliff, captured from DVD. Enjoy.NOTE: Yes, the "Please Remain Seated" shtick was done a very lo...

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Going business side with the Loony Toons video was the right move considering how little that is covered.

Absolutely agree. Especially a lot of Nick Knacks revolves around the business decisions of Nickelodeon, and why the shows that end up there are there. Double especially since the history of WB is also the history of Nick