• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

The sad part is that we may never get most of these. But all of the proposed features would go a long way in making the game even better if Nintendo ever got around to implementing them.

Source: Nick Ha (YouTube)

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I learned to not expect anything from Nintendo when it comes to QoL stuff. Not only for AC, but for everything else.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
We'll get maybe one of the things in this video at some point within the next 2 years, if that. Thanks Nintendo.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, not only are these great ideas, but the editing and voice work and subtle jokes were superb.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even want to watch this because it's going to make me sad when absolutely none of it ever gets patched in. Game needs so many QoL updates that are just no-brainers.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I hate this because it's excellent and we wont get any of it.

andresmoros

Oct 29, 2017
Houston
God, I want ALL of these features. Animal Crossing is such a lovely and fantastic game, but a lot of the things feel sluggish and archaic. Like, when I want to buy rugs, I have to talk to Sahara a thousand times and go through the same fucking unnecessary dialog over and over again. A lot of the menus and options are so hidden behind so much dialog, it's annoying. I could deal it with it at first, but after playing some 135 hours, I am tired of a lot of shit. Blathers always repeats the same shit, let me just give you everything quickly, Jesus! Same when talking to Tom Nook or any kind of shopping. Also, sometimes I don't feel like fishing or catching bugs because of the slowish messages popping, that I've seen a thousand fucking time. Just show the message once, or once per day, but I don't want see it every single time anymore.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Such a great video. It's everything we need in the game and we all know Nintendo ain't gonna do it.

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
Fuuuccccckkkkkkkkkkkk, this video just makes me want all this stuff now.
Very well made video with a lot of great ideas.

Just wish Nintendo actually went for stuff like QOL updates. Would make an amazing game even better :)

Daknight

Oct 28, 2017
I can see the diy function (multiple ones) and would so love the Y for dialogue. The rest even though I would love then, find they probably never be implemented.

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man I read it as something official when reading too quick, I was hyped lol. Sucks that we won't get any of that

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, not only are these great ideas, but the editing and voice work and subtle jokes were superb.
Right? And all of these things aren't really necessary to the Animal Crossing experience, IMO. FFS, if we're at a crafting station in our home, the game should be able to account for the things in storage without having to pull them out.

The jokes are amazing too. The Blathers one... lmaoooooo

Lyndis Lorca

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. I need ALL of this.

I never thought of "smart" path making before but it makes total sense.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God, I want ALL of these features. Animal Crossing is such a lovely and fantastic game, but a lot of the things feel sluggish and archaic. Like, when I want to buy rugs, I have to talk to Sahara a thousand times and go through the same fucking unnecessary dialog over and over again. A lot of the menus and options are so hidden behind so much dialog, it's annoying. I could deal it with it at first, but after playing some 135 hours, I am tired of a lot of shit. Blathers always repeats the same shit, let me just give you everything quickly, Jesus! Same when talking to Tom Nook or any kind of shopping. Also, sometimes I don't feel like fishing or catching bugs because of the slowish messages popping, that I've seen a thousand fucking time. Just show the message once, or once per day, but I don't want see it every single time anymore.
That has been a Nintendo staple in many games across several generations. They'll never change because your time doesnt matter.

eoinmoners

Oct 1, 2018
Fantastic!! I'm baffled how this game was released as is. I've largely dropped off it as the idea of playing it is actively annoying at this point. If everything in this video was introduced it would be an instant 5 star game though.

BestTestie

Banned
Jan 13, 2020
Most of that is good. Not a fan of the placefinder indicators at all though, or the added item info. Cluttering the item screen with superfluous information like sale price and donation status is pointless, the game already tells you most of that information.

laziboi

Alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2019
Your Anus
Nintendo for better or worse, prefers to take its sweet ass time implementing QOL updates, especially regarding things people actually want. It can be rather annoying waiting for long stretches of time for updates that add a handful of features at a time.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even own this game and I'm already sad that people won't get to benefit from any of these "changes."

But aside from that, this is SUCH a well-done video. Off-colour jokes aside, if you'd told me this was a legit Nintendo presentation I'd believe you. I especially liked how they introduced new button options with the zoomed-in UI prompt in the center of the screen, super slick.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
This is such a good video. I'm on board with almost all of the changes. Crafting with resources from home storage would be a major improvement.

I do think that they shouldn't unlock them all at once - much like the game gives you Nook Shopping app after you spend a lot of time shopping, things like the Dodo app should come as a feature after you've played a while. The amount of choices, optional bits and bobs could get pretty overwhelming for the hundreds of thousands (millions?) of more casual players with the game.

Edit: Also, there's no way Nintendo doesn't see this video. I wonder what the internal reaction to it will be. Probably something like - "This is not how we wish for the game to be played. We feel the player will be more deliberate with their actions, and be much more satisfied with the result of their actions when time and effort are required"

Nov 13, 2017

The sad part is that we may never get most of these. But all of the proposed features would go a long way in making the game even better if Nintendo ever got around to implementing them.

Source: Nick Ha (YouTube)

This video triggered me because some of this stuff is so obviously needed yet Nintendo makes things drawn out to pad the game.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
An absolutely amazing video production. Love the part where Blathers said this fossil would never skip his dialogue.

As for the changes, I did my part and tweeted it while tagging Nintendo.

ForKevdo

Nov 2, 2017
how about allowing me to manually target where my fishing lure goes, nintendo

how about that

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
"What do you MEAN people don't want to feel like they're constantly fighting the game and flushing time down the drain in order to accomplish simple tasks?" - AC devs

Aug 12, 2019
I'm sure the famously responsive Splatoon devs will be right on QoL changes. Any day now, common sense QoL content, any day now.

Mar 3, 2018
It's why I kinda stopped playing this. Not entirely, as I still hop on once a day to do some tasks and check on things quickly , but can't do it for longer play sessions as it becomes such a chore when doing even basic tasks. Hopefully they provide some of these changes someday.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god I could only imagine how much better those would make the game. Some awesome ideas for stuff I never thought of too like the targeter. It's sad we'll likely never get any of that.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Oh god I should have filmed my friend, I showed it to her without her knowing. Its so well done she didnt realize till the end, she laid on the floor so sad afterwards.

WHY NINTENDO WHY.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The game is made for very young children. Forcing players to do stuff like organize your inventory manually and take items out of storage to make DIY items with them is intentional and a large part of the game design.

Just like Smash, the fanbase takes the game way more serious than Nintendo intends. We'll never get stuff like this in AC.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The game is made for very young children. Forcing players to do stuff like organize your inventory manually and take items out of storage to make DIY items with them is intentional and a large part of the game design.

Just like Smash, the fanbase takes the game way more serious than Nintendo intends. We'll never get stuff like this in AC.
Imagine thinking that bad game design is better for children

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017

Where's the /s