• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wordballoons

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This is new.
Source?
I think perhaps you're right in that it isn't confirmed now that I am searching. Hopefully not because I've been a big fan for a while. I just remember reading someone else say it, I'll edit it out.

Thanks for explaining... this is why I thought it was a joke. It doesn't make sense

Holy shit. I knew Dave was Muslim but I never realized it was Nation of Islam.
Yeah, want to correct this. Searching for it and at best its just people postulating online. Sorry.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think perhaps you're right in that it isn't confirmed now that I am searching. Hopefully not because I've been a big fan for a while. I just remember reading someone else say it, I'll edit it out.

Yeah, want to correct this. Searching for it and at best its just people postulating online. Sorry.

I went googling myself and the closest thing to confirmation I found was that he attended a rally a few years ago where Louis Farrakhan spoke

Mar 18, 2020

Word.

Nothing surprises me anymore either way, just thought it would probably come out more if he was a five percenter and not simply Muslim.

Wordballoons

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I went googling myself and the closest thing to confirmation I found was that he attended a rally a few years ago where Louis Farrakhan spoke

Word.

Nothing surprises me anymore either way, just thought it would probably come out more if he was a five percenter and not simply Muslim.
Now that I've gone done the rabbit hole for a few minutes, I just found out his wife is Asian. I don't want to extrapolate too much from that but I think it's evidence enough for me personally that he isn't in it at all

Jan 16, 2019
Interesting how this thread and the Desean Jackson ones were so short, NBA/NFL and apparently Nick Cannon have a problem being racist and anti Semitic.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
Yeah, honestly it just points towards this guy being dumb as rocks and lacking any self-awareness that he is able to believe and spread wildly antisemitic conspiracy theories, while still convincing himself that he is a good guy.

Wordballoons

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
To me it seems like people frankly just don't care about anti-semitism.

A lot of these athletes wanted support on BLM and rightly so but it seems a handful are equally hateful and vile to the Jewish community? It doesn't make sense to me.
Expecting every member of one group to understand the pain of another isn't warranted. I say this as someone who is Jewish (in Europe at that and it's way more antisemitic here) and appalled by this bs - but while I want everyone to not be antisemitic and prejudiced i disagree with the concern trolling about how people need to not be ignorant to not be treated ignorantly. I'm sure plenty of black people are homophobic, antisemitic, etc. Just like with every other group and just like I know Jewish people who are racist. That doesn't have anything to do with whether they should or should not be able to speak up against being discriminated against.

Last edited:

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Snoop Dogg as well has been praising Farrakhan. I don't know why.

A part of me wonders if its solely about the Nation of Islam connection and some sort of perception towards the ideology of Malcom X.

But then you remember X left the Nation of Islam, criticized Elijah Muhammad and was subsequently shot because of that.

And Farrakhan was one of the most vocal leaders calling for his death. A fact he "apologized" for 20 years ago to X's daughter on 60 Minutes.

Nov 14, 2017
Quite the year for Farrakhan. Did we have a thread last month when Jameela Jamil and a few other celebs were sharing a clip of him on social media with comments like "who is this man? Such powerful words!"

Wordballoons

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
A part of me wonders if its solely about the Nation of Islam connection and some sort of perception towards the ideology of Malcom X.

But then you remember X left the Nation of Islam, criticized Elijah Muhammad and was subsequently shot because of that.

And Farrakhan was one of the most vocal leaders calling for his death. A fact he "apologized" for 20 years ago to X's daughter on 60 Minutes.
Farrakhan is a terrorist

collige

Oct 31, 2017
I remember when Farrakhan finally got deplatformed some folks acted like it was some 5d chess move so that conservatives couldn't cry bias instead of him also being an Alex Jones level shithead.

Phife Dawg

Oct 27, 2017
This year sure brings a whole amount of stupidity long forgotten. Great "apology" too, what a tool.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
YL37pjC.gif
And also fuck this transphobe.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Didn't Eminem basically just ignore him completely, as Nick released more and more cringeworthy "beef" tracks in response to Eminem ignoring him? Or was there a later development I missed?

All I remember is that those tracks were terrible.

Yeah, he just let Nick and his cast of clowns hop on bad tracks and spit pure trash and embarrass themselves.

The only time I think he may have really mentioned Nick at all was in "Little Engine" where he says "Any rhyme I say can and will be used against you".

The way he repeats those words and stresses "can and" sounds a whole lot like "Any rhyme I say Cannon will be used against you".

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
bruh where does the jews aren't real jews come from

who tf comes up with this shit and how are there people around that lack the critical thinking skills to believe it

This comes from the "God's chosen people" religious belief and Black people (in the US) promoting these views applying their struggles to that of the Israelites in the Bible/Torah/etc... , to the point of creating conspiracies about being the "real Jews"/the "God's chosen people" identity being stolen from them. The lack of critical thinking around these conspiracies unfortunately comes from the people promoting them mixing their theories in with actual discriminatory events in history to make them more "believable".

I thought hotep memes were like... memes. Its a real thing? What do they believe?

Hotep is a meme/label like Karen, but often applies to people who follow/promote views from actual groups like the Black Hebrew Israelites and the NOI.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
User Banned (1 month): Downplaying antisemitism
Life lesson: Ignorance is not bound to lower socioeconomic status.

I've met no shortage of people with a variety of credentials after their last name (MD, PhD, Esq, and combinations therein) who spout the dumbest shit you've ever heard, depending on the subject matter. Often times it's abject ignorance, which is more or less a space with which nonsense can collect over the years. They're never original ideas; they're suggestions planted along the way that went unchallenged because someone didn't know to think harder about it.

Nick probably needs some basic education on these subjects that he's probably somehow missed (along with a bunch of other people). I would not expect he actually meant any harm here and upon realization that it was harmful was probably genuinely apologetic. All people like this usually need is someone to point out their miseducation. I think that is the case for most people of color that may have some incorrect or unhealthy stereotypes of other communities or cultures.

Phife Dawg

Oct 27, 2017

I've met no shortage of people with a variety of credentials after their last name (MD, PhD, Esq, and combinations therein) who spout the dumbest shit you've ever heard, depending on the subject matter. Often times it's abject ignorance, which is more or less a space with which nonsense can collect over the years. They're never original ideas; they're suggestions planted along the way that went unchallenged because someone didn't know to think harder about it.

Nick probably needs some basic education on these subjects that he's probably somehow missed (along with a bunch of other people). I would not expect he actually meant any harm here and upon realization that it was harmful was probably genuinely apologetic. All people like this usually need is someone to point out their miseducation. I think that is the case for most people of color that may have some incorrect or unhealthy stereotypes of other communities or cultures.
How didn't he mean any harm? That's a textbook "great jewish world conspiracy" take, meant to spew hate and reinforce stereotypes. How is he geniunely apologetic when he says this statement has been "projected as negative"? And how are most POC better at overcoming their stereotypes? Are we better people bc of the colour of our skin?

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Fucking 5% is coming back? Shit philosophy but if your into east coast hardcore you couldn't escape that shit, and while I think it's a crap philosophy it helped create some killer albums.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
There seems to be a trend of prominent people promoting anti-semitic conspiracy theories. Pretty concerning.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Let's not dismiss people revealing their bigotry so blithely as just ignorance.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
My family occasionally send me details about conspiracy theories they see on Facebook or whatever. I've said to them one of the easiest way to spot them is if they mention the Rothschild family or George Soros you can immediately ignore and move on.

The one I got last night was sold pish about Wayfair furniture and every wardrobe was actually a child in secret.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
These Louis Farrakhan followers are hurting the cause. His mission is to divide people that should ostensibly be allies and he's really good at it. It's why he has been allowed to preach what he does all these years. He inflames black bigotry towards other groups which in turn provides validation for those that are bigoted towards them. All it does is energize the cycle of bigotry and hate.

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
He showed his true thoughts and then back tracked just so he wouldn't get in trouble or lose whatever show(s) he's on or producing.

Deleted member 5359

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's a herb. If he's not on some conspiracy theory bullshit then he's still crying mad about some shit Eminem said 20 years ago. He's a joke.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Yes.

Jesus what the hell is bringing on all this antisemitic shit lately.
nah this been the case for a while. there is also a very very complex history between the black community and Jewish Landlords that may have soured some people, but the shit is very very fucked up as well.
in the same breath you can see where people see somebody like the kusheners who are pretty much slum lords and then you get the conspiracy shit, on top of the backhanded stuff about jewish money and sticking together like jewish people do etc. People in the black community need to decouple some of the bad experiences from someone being jewish, than just someone who is just greedy as fuck.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Why is this becoming more common all of a sudden?

I don't really follow Nick Cannon or DeSean Jackson but is it just coincidence or is this being broadcast from someone or something that is leading to these outbursts?

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Why is this becoming more common all of a sudden?

I don't really follow Nick Cannon or DeSean Jackson but is it just coincidence or is this being broadcast from someone or something that is leading to these outbursts?

Anti-semitism rhetoric and attacks are at the highest levels in decades. Also rabid anti-semite Farrakhan popped up again and people are feeling inspired to speak their mind and parrot his words because of BLM.