• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
We knew for a while that there was a high chance the game would be ported on Switch! It was confirmed at bitsummit 2018, in a Super EX version! It will come out this fall in japan for 1000 yen (we can assume it will release at the same time for us)

Dc-tqWTUQAARFXx.jpg:large

No more info than that, but considering the title, it will probably have new content!

For those who don't know, 1001 Spikes is a pure oldschool plateformer that was released on PC, Ps4, Vita, Xbox One, 3DS, and Wii U, Co-developped by Nicalis and 8bits fanatics

The game consist of small but hard rooms full of spikes (duh!)!
The thing it does differently is the fact that there's two jump button, one small, one high, and you need to manage which one you'll use!

Last edited:

Jucksalbe

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only ever played the XBLA version which was kinda fun. Might give this new version a try, depending on the price. (Edit: just noticed the price in the OP, good price)

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the new content comes to other platforms. Although I wouldn't mind buying it again on the Switch.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Finally gonna buy this! Perfect handheld game.

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
Why 2 separate jump butrons? Why not just make your jump higher the longer you hold it?

Chacranajxy

Oct 29, 2017
This is the Nicalis game I was waiting for. Loved the original, and I like the tweaks they've made to this.

BlakeofT

Oct 30, 2017
They released the original game with known bugs that made the game unplayable once you wanted to play as other characters. The patch never came if I recall correctly. Because of this, I'm not ever going to buy another Nicalis game at full price, unless they show me they've changed.

The game is really fun too. It's a shame...

steveovig

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What happens when all your lives are gone? Is it game over? I have the Wii-U version but never got that far.

Garlic

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully they don't permanently break the controls on this one like they did on Wii U (still mad)

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
So I guess 2020 release in Europe? Seriously fuck Nicalis. They are easily the worst when it comes to digitally releasing their games in any region besides NA.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
So I guess 2020 release in Europe? Seriously fuck Nicalis. They are easily the worst when it comes to digitally releasing their games in any region besides NA.

Here's Nicalis' digitally published Switch releases for the past 6 months or so:
* Tiny Barbarian, October 10 2017, both NA and EU
* Knight Terrors: October 24 2017, both NA and EU
* Ittle Dew 2+: November 14 2017, both NA and EU
* VVVVVV: November 17 2017, both NA and EU
* End is Nigh: December 12 2017, both NA and EU
* Runner3: May 22 2018, both NA and EU
* Ikagura: May 29 2018, both NA and EU

If this "easily is the worst", what is the best for you?

meppi64

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm wondering when we'll see any news on the new Umihara Kawase game, or did I dream that a new game was coming to the Switch? :-/

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
300 indie ports of years old steam games. Not trying to troll, just keep it in mind.
No, actually. Not true at all.

Just over the last few days, Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX, Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, Warriors Orochi 4, Crystal Crisis, Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, among others.

My point is more that for whatever reason, people here tend to ignore smaller games/indie games whether they are old or not. It's like they don't exist to them. If it's not AAA, it doesn't count.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
I just mentioned in the other thread about Kawase that this game went MIA, and it still seems MIA...

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Loved it on Wii U, even though I ran into a number of audio bugs. Depending on what the "Super" and "EX" parts mean, I might bite again. Some of those later worlds though... not sure I want to go through those again!