• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
man why are people always people so eager to report negative shit without doing any basic research, this thread title is actually lazy unlike the port.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017

Point me to a Switch port that did not have issues that didn't exist or weren't as bad on other consoles. I'm not saying they don't exist, as I'm sure they do (and yes, I exaggerated by saying EVERY SINGLE ONE). But this year alone, Tales of Vesperia, Deadly Premonition, Grandia Collection, and Bloodstained (just a few examples) all had glaring flaws on Switch.

Edit: I will retract the lazy devs comment and put blame squarely on publishers who seem fine with releasing half assed Switch ports.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Point me to a Switch port that did not have issues that didn't exist or weren't as bad on other consoles. I'm not saying they don't exist, as I'm sure they do (and yes, I exaggerated by saying EVERY SINGLE ONE). But this year alone, Tales of Vesperia, Deadly Premonition, Grandia Collection, and Bloodstained (just a few examples) all had glaring flaws on Switch.
You listed four games. Based on your post, I assumed you'd have hundreds of examples.

There are many bad ports on Switch, but there are plenty of great ones as well.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Hmmm others don't seem to be reporting the same issues, or at least not to the extent. Will wait for more clarification.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Every single Switch port has issues. Every single one. I love my switch but there is literally no reason to ever buy a switch version of a game that exists on another console. Portability is cute until the game crashes (Tales of Vesperia which had issues on switch that it didn't have elsewhere). Even ports of games that should have absolutely no issues running perfectly have problems. Can't tell if it's just devs being lazy or not caring about their Switch version or if Switch is some crazy hard to work with console (lol).
what bullshit. there are tons of perfectly fine switch ports.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like sticking Switch games on the cheapest smallest carts and making people download the rest has finally come round to bite us in the arse.

Deleted member 52755

Jan 28, 2019
Every Switch port having issues is obviously exaggerated but there are definitely more horrible ports than there should be.

Deleted member 5334

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Real quick: Do we know if the International editions are dual audio? Just from the file size difference between the Japanese and US release, suggests yes, but... Haven't seen anything said officially yet.

Just bumping this up, since it kinda got "end of the thread"ed. Just kinda wondering if anyone knows?

Feb 18, 2018
Kind of off topic, but was Persona 5 not the PS3's JRPG swan song, OP? Literally dozens of JRPGs released for PS3 after Ni No Kuni.
I think they refer to it as PS3's swan song because NNK came out in early 2013 and PS4 released later that year. P5 was released on both PS3 and PS4 so it wasn't a system exclusive RPG the way NNK was. I see your point, but I think it's also fair to call it a swan song of sorts.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every Switch port having issues is obviously exaggerated but there are definitely more horrible ports than there should be.
well, yeah.

I've complained about a number of ports on the platform that had no right being in the state they launched in.

But many, many developers have put in the work to provide fantastic versions of their games and I'm not going to handwave away their efforts.

Jan 2, 2018
Point me to a Switch port that did not have issues that didn't exist or weren't as bad on other consoles.

All the Final Fantasy ports? They were flawless or had flaws that existed also on Playstation (the now fixed music bug).
Skyrim and Dragon's Dogma were also competent iirc.
Plenty of indie games: Wargroove, Celest, What Remains of Edith Finch, Stardew Valley,...
Should I go on?

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017

Edit: I will retract the lazy devs comment and put blame squarely on publishers who seem fine with releasing half assed Switch ports.
Vesperia Switch literally looks and runs better than the source platforms (PS360). What's actually present for nearly every Switch port is this sort of overblown hyperbole and microscoped negativity. It reminds me of the constant res wars early on with PS4/One, though those sort of magically disappeared with Pro/X (gee, I wonder why).

Bookkoo

Apr 9, 2018
Every single Switch port has issues. Every single one. I love my switch but there is literally no reason to ever buy a switch version of a game that exists on another console. Portability is cute until the game crashes (Tales of Vesperia which had issues on switch that it didn't have elsewhere). Even ports of games that should have absolutely no issues running perfectly have problems. Can't tell if it's just devs being lazy or not caring about their Switch version or if Switch is some crazy hard to work with console (lol).

What a terrible take this is

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

FWIW people familiar with every version of Deadly Premonition have said the Switch version, even with the faults it has, is still the best version that currently exists. The game has technical issues everywhere.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
One should Always lead a review thread with what seems to be an outlier, right? :p

Happy it seems to be a good port after all, since I already paid for my copy.. puh.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
Reminds me of "Link's Awakening is unplayable"... and then you read the article.

But catchy titles generate more clicks. And considering some act as if posting threads here is a race to "break news" is not something I see changing, unless the team in here dictates that when posting an article, the title of the thread should be the same as the article and include the source.

In the case of review/impressions like this, a minimum of 3 different sources should be recquired instead of "one site says the game is bad".

Oscarzx n

May 24, 2018
Santiago, Chile

What glaring issues of Vesperia are you talking about? I finished the game on the Switch and didnt have any notorious issue at all.

Deleted member 5334

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What glaring issues of Vesperia are you talking about? I finished the game on the Switch and didnt have any notorious issue at all.

Real quick: Launch version had issues of crashing. Frame rate hiccups aside (really seemed like they intended for battles to be 60fps, field exploration at 30fps, but ultimately left it unlocked for field exploration), that was really the only issue. I "think" it's been fixed, since I haven't heard reports of it in awhile, but yeah.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
I was leaning towards the PC version anyway after how beautiful NNK2 looked, even though I generally prefer buying any games on Switch these days. This makes the decision final. Locked 30 is doable, choppy fps drops undercuts things too much.

JRPGs are so nice on portables but this one in particular is a graphics spectacle. The gameplay was never anything to write home about anyway.

LukasHeinzel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No technical issues will ever distract from the snore fest which the game was for me. JRPGS are living through the party you get to know. And this one here was so limited and boring, I just had to gave up at some point after investing roughly 30-40 hours.

OP
OP
Sagadego17

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah sorry about this, gonna request a lock, won't be trusting Nintendo Enthusiast for this review, seems like it's just them then

Status
Not open for further replies.