• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
They did that shit when MLS started and everyone got angry about it because "it's not professional"
That's because MLS 1.0 chose absolutely stupid names. Seriously... "Crew"? ;)

Bring back a clock that can run out, NHL shoot outs and goalies with baseball hats
Heh, I was half watching a Premier League game earlier this week and could've sworn one of the goalies was wearing a baseball cap.

Oct 25, 2017
There's been plenty of worse ones. Kansas City Wiz ... Dallas Burn ... San Jose Clash ... Austin FC ...
Thanks for reminding me of San Jose, I was blanking on their original name. I could only remember the logo and was thinking, "Were they the Scorpions? That's not too bad..." Props for including Austin, although I do think New York/New Jersey MetroStars takes the MLS cake of shame.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
"Seattle had considered naming the team the Metropolitans, but according to Jassy that choice was met with "reticence" by NHL commissioner Gary Bettman, who didn't want to change the name of the NHL's Metropolitan Division."

I really hate Gary Bettman.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Idk about that main logo, but the anchor one is great.

Love the color scheme. A Seattle team with no green is already ahead of the pack.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
The merch that is available now is kinda bleh. I just want the logo on a hat with the NHL logo on the side, not "RELEASE THE KRAKEN"

Agreed, but this just seems to be some quick-and-dirty stuff to capitalize on the name announcement. The real stuff will come later. I'll probably pick up a proper jersey at that point.

Allard

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed, but this just seems to be some quick-and-dirty stuff to capitalize on the name announcement. The real stuff will come later. I'll probably pick up a proper jersey at that point.

Definitely picking up a Jersey, I really like the overall logo and color scheme, but I definitely would rather have a much simpler hat + logo and none of the release the Kraken wear.

Deleted member 25580

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The name is what it is (I personally like it, it's not too self serious), but what they did with it is fantastic. The logos, colors, uniforms... great work all around. It doesn't look like something that has ben mangled by a comitee, which is a hell of a feat considering that it most probably went through many people.

Only slight criticism I have is that the logo doesn't quite pop on the home jersey. Maybe a red outline around the dark blue that we see on the away jersey would have helped... They probably tried it and found it too noisy, I dunno. Sports logos tends to go overboard with strokes and outline. Either way it looks sharp as hell.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
I do like the colors. Glad we don't have another neon green team at least.

i hate the name and mascot forever though

Oct 27, 2017
I'm into it! The Kraken jokes will get stale faster than Gritty's shtick so hang in there. People are always going to get hyped about releasing Krakens. It's a nice start, good colors and at least 1 cool logo.

Ferda

The Fallen
Jan 25, 2019
Portland, OR
I'm a Flames fan for life but as an Oregonian I'm excited to have a team in the PNW to root for! Love the logo and colors, not the biggest fan of the name but it's not horrible by any means.

ilikesanta

Oct 26, 2017
I'll probably get a nitcap with the Anchor logo on it. It'll be fun to have a hockey team to root for.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This changes the answer to the "In the four major North American sports leagues, how many team names do not end in s?" trivia question!

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Cool that Seattle gets a team. More hockey!

The funniest things I've seen on the name so far is that the arena will be called the "krak arena" and fans will be "krak heads"

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Away jersey is particularly great

Wonder if they'll do anything unique for gloves/socks/pants/helmets. Vegas killed it in this regard.

manzoman96

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
All that stuff is Fanatics... in my experience, Fanatics stuff has been pretty poor quality (colors fade quickly, cheap/thin materials, bad stitching, silk-screening flaking quickly, press-ons coming loose, etc) for a while.
Yeah I'm not super fond of them but they've pretty much monopolized officially licensed sports merch.

Matrix XII

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's a pretty good name and logo. Getting ready for the hate between the Canucks and Kraken.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
All that stuff is Fanatics... in my experience, Fanatics stuff has been pretty poor quality (colors fade quickly, cheap/thin materials, bad stitching, silk-screening flaking quickly, press-ons coming loose, etc) for a while.
Fanatics is garbage. I hate that they have so much control over the market.