• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Cheap shots on Pavelski and Hertl. Don't worry, the refs didn't see them.

I didn't see the elbow but will look back. But it isn't like the Sharks don't have their share of scalps. Was it last game where Kane took Petro knee on knee? And same game Burns ran Barbie going forearm to the head near the boards.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Whelp, no Karlsson or Hertl. They didn't even make the trip. Pavelski is probably in.
I'm scared about Pavs being in. That's his 3rd shot to the head these playoffs alone, granted one was a puck to the jaw so lost teeth and not a head blow.

Still pissed that he got elbowed right next to a linesman and nothing was called.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
There's a tornado on the ground near Augusta, MO right now headed NE. Last update the storm system will hit Enterprise Center in around 25 minutes or so (so ~6:40PM local time).

Looks like the existing tornado would go NE of there if it didn't peter out first.

Edit: It isn't moving as fast as they forecast.

Last edited:

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
No Hertl, no Pavelski, no Karlsson for the Sharks.

Reminder as to why the first two are out (a.k.a. gotta get the salt flowing before the game):

megachao24

Oct 25, 2017
Sharks vs Blues Game 6

No Pavelski. No EK65. No Hertl.

Martin Jones needs to play like a God lest the Blues feast on shark fin soup.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
What a dumb stat. Martin Jones is 4-0 in elimination games this post season...

Oct 25, 2017
I'm scared about Pavs being in. That's his 3rd shot to the head these playoffs alone, granted one was a puck to the jaw so lost teeth and not a head blow.

Still pissed that he got elbowed right next to a linesman and nothing was called.
No Hertl, no Pavelski, no Karlsson for the Sharks.

Reminder as to why the first two are out (a.k.a. gotta get the salt flowing before the game):

Is the belief here that Pavelski got an elbow to the head? Because he was already falling as Pietrangelo did the shrug. Looked like a clean hit but may have been a knee to leg collision. That would explain the limping right after and the limping down toward the locker room. Maybe he got caught in the head too but it doesn't look like it.

The Barbashev hit, to me, is borderline as the rule is written but I don't like it. He came in and got a good chunk of the chin, even if he glanced off the left elbow. NHL should be shutting those sorts of hits down.

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Is the belief here that Pavelski got an elbow to the head? Because he was already falling as Pietrangelo did the shrug. Looked like a clean hit but may have been a knee to leg collision. That would explain the limping right after and the limping down toward the locker room. Maybe he got caught in the head too but it doesn't look like it.

I think the initial hit is fine. It's what looks like the elbow to the head afterward that looks dirty.

sirronoh

Oct 25, 2017
I watched that replay multiple times, and I'm just not seeing definitively an elbow to the head. Obviously Joe was hurt from something (looked more lower body than upper), but yeah, I'll hold off on the pitchforks.

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
That seals it. It was sealed before the game started but that really is it.

Sowrong

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
giphy.gif

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck the shorks

Finally got their just desserts, thank fuck Wes got injured and couldn't carry them to the finals :D