• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Craig Smith is hitting the market.

He's not a bad mid-six player, frustrating lack of finish aside. Don't think he'll have much trouble finding a new team.

Oct 25, 2017
Staal sucks, but you got a 2nd rounder to eat his contract so that's good

Not really sure why Rangers did this, unless they're going to make a big FA push or trade for someone with a hefty contract? Is K'Andre Miller playing next season? MetatronM

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
They nixed early interviews for UFAs in the latest CBA agreement. Does that start this offseason?

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Staal sucks, but you got a 2nd rounder to eat his contract so that's good

Not really sure why Rangers did this, unless they're going to make a big FA push or trade for someone with a hefty contract? Is K'Andre Miller playing next season? MetatronM
We've got some hefty dead cap space due to Shattenkirk's buyout really hitting hard this year ($6m+), and we need to clear out some of the olds. This is shedding $5.7m on a guy who can barely even skate at this point. K'Andre will be pro this season, and he joined the team during the quarantine training camp to rave reviews. Whether he starts with the big club whenever the hell the season starts is going to be down to training camp and what other moves the team makes between now and then. Left defense in general is the Rangers' most urgent area of need for this offseason, so there's zero chance they're done in that department yet.

megachao24

Oct 25, 2017
www.nhl.com

Flyers sign Robert Hagg to contract extension | Philadelphia Flyers

Defenseman inks two-year deal worth 1.6M annually to stay in Philly

www.thescore.com

Report: Flyers' Gostisbehere available for trade

Philadelphia Flyers defenseman Shayne Gostisbehere is available for a trade this offseason, sources told The Athletic's Pierre LeBrun. There are three seasons left on the six-year contract Gostisbehere signed in 2017 at an annual value of $4.25 million. The 27-year-old was limited to 42 games...

OP
OP
CreeperBlocks

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't that basically Domi and a 1st for Laine? Kulak is a bottom-pairing defenseman and I don't think Fleury/Juulsen are blue chip prospects. Laine is a 40-goal scorer. Any trade would likely include one of their top prospects (Caulfield, Romanov, Poehling).
It's literally just a guy from the Montreal Gazette ignoring Lebrun and saying the Canadiens "could" offer X and Y with apparently no consideration for whether the Jets would go for it.

I have one thing to say to Hickey and Creeper:

14134111_web1_WEB-marchyapology-1.jpg

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I figured that was the case after spending 5 minutes looking at the Habs' depth chart. I could've spent that time talking about why they should've traded Petry instead of extending him.

I also ended up looking at the Canucks' depth chart and that just made me upset at losing Madden again.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
Well the NHL did it, got through the playoffs. Regular season will be more of a challenge without a bubble. Trades, free agency and the draft on the horizon now.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta give the NHL credit. Did not think they'd pull it off.

Now to begin doubting their next, and even more difficult, undertaking. The regular season is gonna be a bitch.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
You'll notice that I improved on your post with a paragraph break and, generally speaking, superior word choice and pacing.

Perhaps this is a teaching moment for you and, in future, you too may receive a reply from fallout.
It's really the fallout reply that has me sour. Good catch.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa will have some tough personnel decisions to make but their core is locked up and with their history of success and Florida being tax-free, they could re-sign some of their free agents to team-friendly deals.

Dallas had a good run but they're an older team and might have trouble repeating this year's success. Benn is 31, Pavelski 36, Radulov 34, Perry 35, Bishop 33, Khudobin 34, etc. They have some good young players though and Heiskanen is legit.

Oct 26, 2017
Preds sign an undrafted NCAA goalie. Sure, why not?

Y.Weber and Holzer most likely gone too. I'm sure Poile will find some other draft busts like Tinordi to slot on the bottom pairing though.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
I no longer have faith in Grubauer due to his groin exploding multiple times last season after dealing with Varlamov's long history of groin injuries for years. I doubt they sign anyone in the offseason so Sakic will probably have to wait mid-season when Grubauer hurts himself again.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Habs tried to offersheet Brayden Point last summer before Aho, and he told BargainBin to go fuck himself. Point just scored the Cup winning goal. I'd say he made the right choice.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I no longer have faith in Grubauer due to his groin exploding multiple times last season after dealing with Varlamov's long history of groin injuries for years. I doubt they sign anyone in the offseason so Sakic will probably have to wait mid-season when Grubauer hurts himself again.

There are so many goaltenders available for this free agency, why would Colorado not go get one?