• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
unknown.png

Important Dates:

EcmgYB6XkAE43IB

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
85Wy9Co.jpg

tenor.gif

OP
OP
CreeperBlocks

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Welcome Leaf,Rangers,Wild,Predators,Jets, Oilers fans and the rest of the teams who didn't make the Bubble

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
You know what, this calls for the updated victory video I was going to use for Shesterkin wins in the playoffs that I didn't get to use. Igor really pulled through for us when it counted.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes, of course, the fucking Timberwolves of all teams took all the draft luck for Minnesota sports, forgot about that. Smfh.

Oct 26, 2017
Folks in Smashville are beating the drum about buying out Turris. I wonder how many of them realize that Turris buyout plus Weber retiring after the next couple of seasons equals $8-10M in dead cap for multiple years.

What a fantastic mess.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
Folks in Smashville are beating the drum about buying out Turris. I wonder how many of them realize that Turris buyout plus Weber retiring after the next couple of seasons equals $8-10M in dead cap for multiple years.

What a fantastic mess.

Wild are apparently looking at buyouts for Devyn Dubnyk and Victor Rask, potentially looking at Greg Pateryn too.

It would add up to like 5-6m for a year or two. Not ideal.

Then add in Zuccarello, who is nearing Backes/Okposo/Ladd territory, this team is in rough shape.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
FAs are going to be disappointed. No cap increase means little money for signings.
There are too many teams with little cap space who can only make deals if it's even up. Any team that does have cap space can get a decent talent for nothing if they're willing to eat his salary. No return required.

Oct 26, 2017
The general vibe around Poile's media availability today is that he's jettisoning all of the Preds' UFAs and raiding the Milwaukee Admirals for talent. Also seems hopeful on Tomasino making the roster, though my expectations are tempered after Tolvanen was overhyped a couple of years ago and ultimately required AHL time.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently there is a sect of the Wild fandom that want Nashville to accept a Zuccarello for Turris trade.

Thanks, I hate it.

Oct 26, 2017
Aberg was infuriating in Minnesota. Dude is a bum.

He would've been in Russia sooner were it not for his only two noteworthy NHL plays, both during the 2017 run. (The Game 5 GWG against the Ducks and clowning on Maatta during the SCF.)

Same with Frederick Gaudreau, who is an AHL scrub that happened to get hot during the Finals. I literally forgot he was still in the Preds' system until I checked Capfriendly a week or two ago.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
The Rangers' second first round pick will be somewhere between 20-24, depending on who makes it to the Conference Finals. Although with the Habs looking like they may be on the way out, it'll probably soon be 21-24 instead.

Jul 4, 2019
After another disappointing performance from the Flames, I'm ready to join you guys. Hope that Treliving actually makes significant changes to the core and finally hires a quality coach.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Is Boudreau coming home to Toronto?

Edit: Creeper, did you buy the Tim Hortons Sticks?

Last edited:
OP
OP
CreeperBlocks

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Is Boudreau coming home to Toronto?

Edit: Creeper, did you buy the Tim Hortons Sticks?

Yes I got the Carey Price one and hello again

Future is so bright for Montreal. And I think we found our 1C in Suzuki. He played like a madman and didn't wanna go home. I think I see him like a Patrice Bergeron type of Center maybe with a bigger upside

Oct 25, 2017
I think I see him like a Patrice Bergeron type of Center maybe with a bigger upside
Bigger upside than the player who's won the most Selke trophies in NHL history. That guy?

And I actually think Suzuki is great and could be a genuine 1C some day (more likely a really good 2C).

Also worth mentioning that he's 21 years old, not 18, and forwards reach their prime much more quickly these days. There's room for him to grow, especially defensively, and he'll put up more points with better linemates.... but what you're seeing right now might be closer to what he is? I dunno. Getting quality wingers could better showcase what he's capable of.