• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
4Pe2Xo0.gif

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Fubar can you change the waiver delay in the pool? Right now I can't drop someone who played today, and I obviously can't do it tomorrow since it's a new week.

Sure we'll lose the ability to pick up someone and use them in a game on the same night, but you should be picking up players for the future anyway.

vainya

Dec 28, 2017
New Jersey, USA
It's still early, but I wonder which teams have a coach in the hot seat.

New Jersey, 2-5-2: they got Hughes, Subban, Gusev, and Simmonds, and obviously don't want Hall to walk, but they're off to a tepid start. If they want him to stay they need a push.
Minnesota, 4-7-0: caught in that no man's land of being too old to rebuild and too poor to contend, you have to wonder what they're going to do next.
Dallas, 4-8-1: definitely underperforming considering their roster. This is only Montgomery's second year though. I think he has some leeway here.
San Jose, 4-6-1: they're expected to be a contender. This is DeBoer's 5th year and he's never missed the playoffs with the Sharks.

Honourable mention: Winnipeg, 6-6-0: injuries haven't helped, and expectations are lower this year, but this is Maurice's 7th season with the team. With the Central so competitive, they may make a change to make the playoffs.
All those teams with the exception of Dallas and Winnipeg have lost 7 games, interesting. I can't speak for the other teams but I know Hynes is on the hot seat. Our assistant GM is on the bench right now. But Shero just signed Hynes to an extension so that's not going to be an easy decision.

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What happened to Erik Karlsson? How do you go from being a 2 Norris Winner to being clearly the worst player on ice?

Well, at least he got paid.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
What happened to Erik Karlsson? How do you go from being a 2 Norris Winner to being clearly the worst player on ice?

he had a kid too. maybe his priorities are now different, cant take hockey too seriously or he'll hurt himself more and cant play sports with his kid later on. he'll just coast and make bank.

Adam Gaudette's Twitter handle is Hockey_Gaud. Pretty good.

he somehow found my pathetic IG account and liked some video of Helmet playing "Unsung" live (great song btw) and a picture of a huge toad i took in the middle of the night. such a random thing lol.

i think he looked at people who follow Boeser.

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Praying the Leafs go on a 10 game losing streak so Babcock can be let go.

He has like half an ankle.

Karlsson then raised a few eyebrows by describing that procedure in more detail than he had in the past.

"They took half of my ankle bone out and the part that is still there should be as normal possible," Karlsson revealed.

The Sens defenceman – who finished second in the NHL with 201 blocked shots last season – was asked if taking a puck to the ankle could cause further damage.

"If you get a shot there, there's always a risk of you breaking it – whether it's the same ankle or something else," he said. "But it's not something I'm worried about. Hopefully I can block a little bit different."

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Praying the Leafs go on a 10 game losing streak so Babcock can be let go.

He has like half an ankle.

Which makes his 2017 yoffs even more legendary. It's like he used up all his energy and his ankles for that run, like a Goku using the spirit bomb or some shit then died afterwards. Now instead of San Jose giving the guy a senzu bean to revive his ankles, they gave him a contract instead.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017

EH2eDMdWoAApvGR

BUT BUT BUT BUT WE NEVER SAID HE WAS GOOD IN THE PRESEASON!!!

WE NEVER SAID THAT HE MIGHT GET GOOD BECAUSE HE WILL FINALLY PLAY ON A GOOD TEAM THAT HASN'T WON A PLAYOFF SERIES IN 10 FUCKING YEARS, AND HE WAS A YEAR AWAY FROM JUST GOING TO THE CONFERENCE FINALS AND BEING THE FUCKING WORST PLAYER IN THE GOD DAMN PLAYOFFS THERE.

WE NEVER SAID THAT HE WILL FINALLY BE GOOD BECAUSE HE WILL FINALLY PLAY WITH GOOD PLAYERS, HE NEVER PLAYED WITH GOOD PLAYERS IN OTTAWA, GUYS LIKE KARLSSON IN HIS PRIME, STONE, HOFFMAN, TURRIS, ALFIE, SPEZZA, ZIBENEJAD ALL SUCKED DONKEY BALLS COMPARED TO OUR OVERRATED SOFT ASS PUSSY OVERPAID SHITHEADS!!!

Last edited:

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Which makes his 2017 yoffs even more legendary. It's like he used up all his energy and his ankles for that run, like a Goku using the spirit bomb or some shit then died afterwards. Now instead of San Jose giving the guy a senzu bean to revive his ankles, they gave him a contract instead.
That run was legendary. He was essentially playing on one leg. Now he's washed up. He was the closest thing we'll ever get to a Bobby Orr. He was never the best defender (stopping a cycle, blocking shots, taking away pucks) but his ability to make that first pass out of the zone or carry it into the zone was unmatched.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Is it Karlsson's ankle or his groin (which was operated on last summer?) He missed a lot of last season but still had 16 points in 19 playoff games. The Sharks were eliminated when he sat out the last few games.

His contract sucks but it was the only way the Sharks could keep him. If he still plays at a high level for the next 3 years and wins them a Cup then it would be worth it. But if they don't, the team will be in terrible shape in 5 years.

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Is it Karlsson's ankle or his groin (which was operated on last summer?) He missed a lot of last season but still had 16 points in 19 playoff games. The Sharks were eliminated when he sat out the last few games.

His contract sucks but it was the only way the Sharks could keep him. If he still plays at a high level for the next 3 years and wins them a Cup then it would be worth it. But if they don't, the team will be in terrible shape in 5 years.
The Sharks aren't sniffing the finals with that goaltending duo.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
The Sharks aren't sniffing the finals with that goaltending duo.

True, but they're stuck with Jones' contract and just have to hope he regains the form that got them to the Finals that one year. Dell also seems too inconsistent.

I think they fire DeBoer midseason. If it worked for St Louis and Pittsburgh then why not them.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Mika Zibanejad and Henrik Lundqvist are both considered day to day with upper body injuries and didn't practice today. It sounds like Hank will likely back up Georgiev tomorrow, and Mika has not been ruled out of tomorrow night's game yet, but possible we might see a call up for Filip Chytil or Igor Shesterkin (or both) in the next 24 hours.

Oct 25, 2017

Interesting tidbit from that Mirtle article:

"The Leafs have also evolved beyond using metrics like Corsi in their player evaluations, although what they've progressed to using remains a state secret. It's plausible they see more value in Ceci in the data they have available than what we have publicly and that he will serve as a litmus test for diverging from the established wisdom of the analytics community."

So if they knew something no one else did, and that's why they brought him in despite his apparently terrible advanced stats, what are the Leafs secret stats now saying while his advanced stats are actually decent but the eye test is still horrible?