• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha using Giggles on the PK. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Motherfucker was too slow to PK 10 years ago.

Babcock is one of the dumbest motherfuckers out there.

Simon Belmont

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely man. That's me too. I find myself making ridiculous faces and noises, whatever works, just to get a smile from her. And it's always worth the effort.

PS Righteous Gemstones is incredible. The McBride/Hill/Gordon Green trio is 3 for 3.

I'm at the point now where I can send the boy into fits of laughter with stupid jokes. It's amazing.

Still though, enjoy this time when she's not walking or talking. Once those start they never end.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Also this is the 2019 Stanley Cup winners starting roster.

Lol

This D corps vs. the Rangers D corps is going to be quite a thing.

Speaking of the Rangers D, Adam Fox has won the first Rangers team award of the season, the Lars-Erik Sjoberg Award given to the top rookie in training camp as selected by the media.

Seems right.

Last edited:

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Also this is the 2019 Stanley Cup winners starting roster.

Lol

I like the potential of Connor-Copp-Laine, that's as close as Maurice gets to creativity. Really hope they dress Gustafsson instead of Letestu but it's impossible for a NHL coach to not prefer a useless veteran center for his 4th line over a potentially good young player he's not familiar with.

That defence is, let's say, suboptimal. Assuming Dahlstrom slots in while the surprisingly useful Beaulieu is out who does he replace? Bitetto is the logical, easy pick so naturally Maurice will sit Heinola, who has only literally been the Jets second best dman throughout the preseason despite being 18 years old.

usA7q9v.png

Paul Maurice, tomorrow: "Well, gotta go with the guy who's name I recognize slightly more. That's just how hockey works."

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Vegas Odds to win 2020 Stanley Cup Final

Tampa 6/1
Vegas 7/1
Toronto 10/1 (ha! as if)
Boston 12/1
Colorado 12/1
St. Louis 16/1
Dallas 16/1
Columbus 100/1
Detroit 200/1
Anaheim 200/1
Los Angeles 200/1
Ottawa 500/1

Last edited:

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't followed the Rangers at all but very surprising it's not going to Kakko.
Kakko's great and gonna be super fun to watch, but Fox was consistently the Rangers' best defenseman all through preseason. though DeAngelo was really good in the couple of games he was back for.

With all the excitement around Kakko, it's pretty easy to forget just how young the rest of the team is. There are more players age 21 or younger than there are players in their 30s on the opening night roster.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely man. That's me too. I find myself making ridiculous faces and noises, whatever works, just to get a smile from her. And it's always worth the effort.

PS Righteous Gemstones is incredible. The McBride/Hill/Gordon Green trio is 3 for 3.
It's wonderful. Doing a second watch of Vice Principals right now while waiting for new RG episodes.

You're right, I love having a team with 2 amazing players but literal garbage around them that constantly finishes between 25th and 31st. Doesn't feel at all like we're wasting the best years of their careers. It's fucking GREAT to be a Sabres fan. I feel so much better now.
Awesome! Glad to see some positivity from you, OnPoint

I just saw that.

Fucking sociopathic, the sens are basically dressing a pre season lineup.
Welcome back maybe

This D corps vs. the Rangers D corps is going to be quite a thing.

Speaking of the Rangers D, Adam Fox has won the first Rangers team award of the season, the Lars-Erik Sjoberg Award given to the top rookie in training camp as selected by the media.

Seems right.
Oh to have a worthless preseason/training camp award named after you

calder

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure who we should name the NHL-era award for best preseason poster after, but whoever we pick it will be the greatest honour of their online life.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Awesome! Glad to see some positivity from you, OnPoint
Exactly what do I have to be positive about when it's going to be another 82-game march to failure? I appreciate the skill of Eichel, Dhalin, Skinner and Reinhart but that's literally the entire list of quality players being iced to start the year. They spent a whole off season doing what feels like nothing to improve the status of the team surrounding those four players. Krueger is going to spend the year getting his feet wet coaching again and hopefully shaping this squad into something good, but we've heard that song and dance before. I'm honestly starting to believe the players themselves are the issue and that no coach can right this ship.

Regardless, it's been what, 8 years since this team had a post season run? Any fan upset with this team has more than earned the right.

Out of curiosity, which team are you a fan of?

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly what do I have to be positive about when it's going to be another 82-game march to failure? I appreciate the skill of Eichel, Dhalin, Skinner and Reinhart but that's literally the entire list of quality players being iced to start the year. They spent a whole off season doing what feels like nothing to improve the status of the team surrounding those four players. Krueger is going to spend the year getting his feet wet coaching again and hopefully shaping this squad into something good, but we've heard that song and dance before. I'm honestly starting to believe the players themselves are the issue and that no coach can right this ship.

Regardless, it's been what, 8 years since this team had a post season run? Any fan upset with this team has more than earned the right.

Out of curiosity, which team are you a fan of?

Boy were like, your franchise brothers as Canucks fan.

Soc's sarcasm is apparently as hard to tell as mine sometimes :D

Oct 26, 2017
Well I was planning to nix the anime gifs this (regular) season, but I suppose I can post one for every banner joke going forward...

Arvidsson apparently practiced in a non-contact jersey. Let the misery begin.

HulkMansfield

Dec 29, 2017
He usually says/does "tie goes to the vet". So it's a bit weird he's putting Shore in front of Spezza for sure. Both didn't stand out in preseason. Must be something during practice or off ice

edit:

lol.

Babcock is the same guy who benched Mike Modano during the last game of his final season, which would have been his 1,500

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised bob mackenzie is staying on TSN for another 5 years

Dude has been putting off his retirement for nearly a decade now

Red_

Oct 26, 2017

In Friedman's 31 thoughts today, he said that the Leafs had settled on JT getting the C, days before the Matthews incident. Sounds like a bullshit cover up.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I'm actually shocked at some of these numbers. Thought for sure there were way more than 31 Russians in the league

calder

Oct 25, 2017

In Friedman's 31 thoughts today, he said that the Leafs had settled on JT getting the C, days before the Matthews incident. Sounds like a bullshit cover up.

Whoa whoa whoa, let's not let this nonsense detract from the REAL story gripping the hockey world - how Babcock benching Spezza on opening night proves yet again that he and Dubas are not on the same page.
and are probably viscous enemies E5