• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
All dem good ol white boys better get called out and kicked to the curb. I don't care who they are. Time to clean house and get with the times.

Silex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

TSN saying Flames still investigating but Sportsnet saying he's fired. Guess we'll know for sure shortly.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Good there's no place for that in this sport it goes against its very spirit. Hockey is supposed to be for everyone.

vainya

Dec 28, 2017
New Jersey, USA
It's so sad that this took almost 10 years to come to light because Aliu was afraid of retaliation. He got retaliated against anyway and still says he would forgive Peters. I couldn't do that. Good for him for making peace with it and I hope Peters never works in the NHL again.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
lol

8RYk0oo.png

Silex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still reeling from the fact that all of this is happening because fucking Mike Babcock got fired in Toronto.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What is beyond delicious is that you know Cherry would have had a bunch of bullshit to say in defense of RIL GUD CANADIAN COACH BOY AND PINKO HATER Babcock, but now he has no platform (that people actually care about) to do so. Love it.

vainya

Dec 28, 2017
New Jersey, USA
Oh wow Daniel Carcillo. That's a name I haven't heard in a while. Hockey as a sport has a lot of work to do. It's always been an all-white boys club and now we are aware of some of the abuse that's been going on.

Silex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My only concern is that the all the concrete things we've seen come out are related to Mike Babcock and Bill Peters. Media guys are tweeting that the 'flood gates are opening' but that won't be true unless we see more names get called out.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My only concern is that the all the concrete things we've seen come out are related to Mike Babcock and Bill Peters. Media guys are tweeting that the 'flood gates are opening' but that won't be true unless we see more names get called out.

You can bet your ass Michel Therrien will get named dropped for his shitty behavior, for one.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping this would be an eye opener for racism in hockey and it would be addressed. It seems it's just shifting towards general abuse by coaches which of course is important too, but I'm worried the criticism on racism in the sport will fall to the background.

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah it's good that these abusers are finally getting named. It's about time the nhl got progressive but the culture around the game/the media etc are what let it last this long in the 1st place.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly this seems like it is getting the discussion started. The more and more people come out about abuse of any kind and the accused are held accountable, the more likely we can truly chip away at issues like racism and sexism. I think pointing out physical abuse is a kick back against the "boys will be boys"/"it's just a joke"/initiation culture in hockey and if the community at large can recognize that is not OK, I hope we can extrapolate that further. The league can't have a slogan of Hockey is for Everyone without cleaning out the problems that don't make it for everyone in the first place.

I hope so, anyways. I and others have been waiting years for this moment to even start.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
It's gotta be really hard to speak up in hockey especially, since all the minorities are EXTREMELY in the minority.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I usually only go on HFboards to laugh at the stupidity of leaf fans and the prospects board, but damn that Peters thread is just depressing.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow Daniel Carcillo. That's a name I haven't heard in a while. Hockey as a sport has a lot of work to do. It's always been an all-white boys club and now we are aware of some of the abuse that's been going on.
Dan Carcillo is a good guy. Big advocate for mental health and hockey's myriad deficiencies in that department. And I'll never forget him being a complete dick to the Philly fans in the 2014 playoffs. Something we can all appreciate.

vainya

Dec 28, 2017
New Jersey, USA
Dan Carcillo is a good guy. Big advocate for mental health and hockey's myriad deficiencies in that department. And I'll never forget him being a complete dick to the Philly fans in the 2014 playoffs. Something we can all appreciate.
Oh yeah, we all can appreciate that! I remember his oped on mental illness and drug use in the NHL. That was eye opening. Glad to know he's still out here fighting.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Lol NHL trying to get ahead of further issues, fuck you guys. Post it all on social media.

lamaroo

Oct 25, 2017
So they can do nothing about it? Fuck the NHLPA.

Can we also finally get rid of hazing? Absolute bullshit that Aliu is labeled as a troublemaker because he didn't want to be subjected to that shit. I'm sure his skin colour has nothing to do with that label either.

Air all of the dirty laundry, only way the culture changes unfortunately.

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't matter, cat is out of the bag now. Journalists and bloggers gunna be all over this, any player (esp former) is just going to go right to the Internet if they have a story.