• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Stars Twitter is pointing to this radio interview:

https://omny.fm/shows/the-ticket-top-10/monty-on-monty/embed?source=twitter&size=square&style=cover

It's where the host named Monty asks Montgomery about hockey and the Stars. The host tries to dig but ex-coach Monty avoids answering those questions. The rumour is he was drunk on the radio. I would say the bit at the end where apologizes to another host for hanging out with these "mutants" is off-key after one host discussed losing a leg to cancer.
"I think you should replace me tomorrow night"

Prescient....

Clockblockers

Oct 25, 2017
United States
I hate to say it but considering how insular the coaching community is at the pro level, and the glacier speed the NHL moves in general, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of these guys end up with some type of coaching job next year after an "I've learned my lesson I swear" tour

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
I hate to say it but considering how insular the coaching community is at the pro level, and the glacier speed the NHL moves in general, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of these guys end up with some type of coaching job next year after an "I've learned my lesson I swear" tour
I doubt it with the new policies in place. Teams will have to do so much more due diligence and research into new hires, I don't see how a team would hire someone after they've been fired for something along these lines.

joedick

Mar 19, 2018

Nah, I think this time they're gonna have to put their time in Europe or the KHL first.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
The save that started it all...

ce7f7eb2-7981-4674-864d-7899d59eb905-AP_APTOPIX_Maple_Leafs_Golden_Knights_Hockey.JPG

Razorskin

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Akim Aliu Mitch Marner bravely spoke up about Bill Peters Mike Babcock? This lead to Babcock being dismissed and saving the NHL.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Shanahan saying he had no idea about the Babcock stuff, or the shit involving him and Frazen has to be complete bullshit. He's too close to both, and both franchises to have no idea, I don't buy it.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Shanahan saying he had no idea about the Babcock stuff, or the shit involving him and Frazen has to be complete bullshit. He's too close to both, and both franchises to have no idea, I don't buy it.

A lot of people have confirmed Franzén's story afterwards. Henrik Zetterberg especially and he didn't exactly have nice words for Babcock either.

PCfromNYC

Oct 25, 2017
Is it weird that I keep thinking John Tortorella is the next coach we're gonna hear about in regards to conduct?

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is it weird that I keep thinking John Tortorella is the next coach we're gonna hear about in regards to conduct?

I actually think what you see is exactly what you get with Torts. I dont think he's running some emotional terrorism ala Babcock or a bigot like Peters. I think hes just an emotional, strict guy. I'd actually be shocked if any dirt came out about him.

Oct 27, 2017
If he had a bad history, he would already be fired.
Hothead, but not personally towards his players. They all love him.
I actually think what you see is exactly what you get with Torts. I dont think he's running some emotional terrorism ala Babcock or a bigot like Peters. I think hes just an emotional, strict guy. I'd actually be shocked if any dirt came out about him.

Yeah I'll agree with this. He is a fucking character for sure, but if anything he's the "always angry but caring and loveable curmudgeon" figure rather than the "abusive as fuck behind closed doors" kinda guy.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
What the fuck is with the refs and having it out for Julien? Missed tripping call, now they're calling a face off violation penalty. It's becoming actually insane.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Shots were 6-0 for the wings to start but are now 11-6 jets including a weird short handed goal

so yeah maybe the wings aren't good after all

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
Rookie making rookie mistakes. A nice change from the veterans making rookie mistakes that I'm used to from this team.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
would our defensemen stop being stupid

that would be nice

edit: PLEASE?! like come on stop ittttttttt

Status
Not open for further replies.