• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Doesn't the management basically dress scrubs to tank at this point tho? Its hard to blame the coach.

New Jersey and the Habs actually have ambitions (or had at the start of the season).
Not on purpose... Howard, Mantha, Dekeyser, Abdelkader, and Daley are all hurt. Not like they'd save our season, but it would definitely help stop them from letting up 4+ goals a game. But it's more than that. Blashill hasn't made any attempts to change HOW they play. It's the same strategies game in and game out, which are not working at all. He's putting Glendening on the top line instead of Fabbri or Zadina. He's putting our best PP D on the 2nd unit instead of the first one. They still try to use Adam fucking Erne has a net front presence on the PP when that mother fucker hasn't gotten ONE single point in 22 games. Frans Nielsen has 1 point (an assist) in 26 games, Ehn, 0 points in 21 games, Perlini 1 point (assist) in 16 games. It's like, maybe scratch them or change up their lines a bit?

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

dreger tweet

I'm happy it seems like this is going forward. I am concerned this is going to be a board going "look! we're doing good!"

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
interesting fact:

it's the 3rd period

if you combined rielly's and ceci's xGF% stats, you'd get 5.7%

HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE

ceci is below 1% hahahahah

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
Cody Ceci ends the game with a blistering

13% CF%
11.7% FF%
16.67% SF%
0.81% xGF%
6.67% SCF%

just

gross

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
To no surprise, leafs still have a looootttttt of work to do.

It's probably time to change up the defensive pairs for starters

Deleted member 23075

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's an ugly loss for sure, but I don't know what some folks expect. Our defense is laughable. The coaching change seems to have helped in some ways, but we're going to need bigger changes I think.
You're right- there's still fundamental problems with the D. I keep falling for the raised expectations when they play decently for a spell. I should know better.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
Wild won their 4th in a row, lift their point streak to 10 games now (7-0-3 in last 10)

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao this team is trash tier.

What a disgrace performance right in front of Senators great Alex Burrows.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
i wonder if we can trick calgary into a rielly+bracco+ceci for gaudreau+some pylon trade

is trading gaudreau still a hot flames topic these days

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Leafs just gave up at the end.

I've just lost a metric shit ton of respect for my team.

With captain and assistant captains consisting of Tavares, Matthews, Rielly and Marner... it shouldnt really come to a surprise.

Lots of skill in that group but also a group of players that really doesnt show much character or leadership. What are some of the other players that's supposed to be leaders in the squad? Looking at the roster.. I have a hard time identifying the players that could provide this.

It started with Babcock, but leafs still has things to fix before they really can be a true contender.

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh look, a bunch of 11 million dollar players barely scratching at point per game. Joke!!

Matthews is a complete joke. Does not deserve that money.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I only watched the first period but it seemed like the Canucks were skating circles around the Senators. I'd never seen so much open space to make plays, zone time, and clean looks. I'm used to seeing other teams do that to the Canucks.

They still need to work on playing with the lead though. Looks like Demko bailed them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.