• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
theathletic.com

Scott Wheeler's preseason top 32 prospects for the 2023 NHL Draft

The Athletic's Scott Wheeler gives us his preseason ranking of the 32 best draft-eligible prospects for the 2023 NHL Entry Draft.

It's early, but 2023 marks my 10th draft doing this coverage and this is the most talented group at forward at this stage in the process that I've maybe ever scouted (or certainly since 2015). My preseason ranking is made up of 27 forwards and just five defensemen. Though the strength of the forward crop does likely hide some defencemen, the 2023 class does also still look thin on the back end, with two clear top prospects who warrant top-10 consideration but none that are likely to climb into my top five.

On the whole, though, this 2005 age group looks special, led by a trio so impressive at the top that they're going to reduce parity in the league and widen the gap between the contenders and the bottom feeders. I cannot overstate this, either: This draft isn't just about the big three. I'm confident (or at least as confident as I can be at this point) that it's going to produce a sterling top 10, high-end prospects well into the teens and maybe even the 20s, and a first round to remember.

Please Jets just tank you're going to be shit and miss the playoffs just bottom out come on.

PCfromNYC

Oct 25, 2017
www.nhl.com

Statement from Maple Leafs Alumnus Börje Salming | Toronto Maple Leafs

Börje Salming, who played 16 seasons with the Toronto Maple Leafs from 1973 to 1989, has issued the following statement on his health:

Börje Salming, who played 16 seasons with the Toronto Maple Leafs from 1973 to 1989, has issued the following statement on his health:

"I have received news that has shaken my family and me.

The signs that indicated that something was wrong in my body turned out to be the disease ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig´s disease. In an instant, everything changed. I do not know how the days ahead will be, but I understand that there will be challenges greater than anything I have ever faced. I also recognize that there is no cure but there are numerous worldwide trials going on and there will be a cure one day. In the meantime, there are treatments available to slow the progression and my family and I will remain positive.

Since I started playing ice hockey as a little kid in Kiruna, and throughout my career, I have given it my all. And I will continue to do so.

Right now, I rest assured that I have my loving family around me and the best possible medical care.

I understand that there are many of you that would like to reach out, however I kindly ask you to respect our privacy in these trying times. Please keep us in your prayers. When the time is right and I understand more about my condition and future journey, I will reach out. So, until such a time, we kindly refrain from all contact.

I hope you understand and respect our decision."

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
World Juniors back on in Edmonton. Nobody cares.
Not much marketing and people so used to this being a Xmas season event. Maybe attendance with pick up but Juniors in August just doesn't seem right.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
World Juniors back on in Edmonton. Nobody cares.
Not much marketing and people so used to this being a Xmas season event. Maybe attendance with pick up but Juniors in August just doesn't seem right.

The HC scandals are rightly impossible to ignore but even beyond that this was an event sent out to die.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
FZ-moVTVsAAEmwP

Yet again, Laine ahead of the game versus nominal #1 pick Matthews.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Best releases in the world right now:

Matthews
Laine
... a 17 year old Conor Bedard? That goal was sick.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Great third period to watch, I kinda like the whole call it a major then review rule.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Monahan and a 1st round pick for what in return?

Shame it's not the Monahan of 3 years past. Montreal taking on them reclamation projects left and right this off-season. I suppose it was really about the 1st rounder in a loaded 2023 draft though.

Also this probably confirms Price LTIR

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Monahan's deal is up after this year too. Nice. Worth it for a 1st, not like the Habs are going anywhere this season anyway.

I am liking the Gorton/Hughes era so far.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I hate how pro sports are always so cagey with this shit. Just come out and say Price isn't playing ever again.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden and Finland playing another tension packed, close, well played, absolutely deathly dull elimination game.

Status
Not open for further replies.