• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Grip

Oct 26, 2017
Really happy for the Avs. They were definitely the better team and seemed like they were ready to make the next step after some disappointing playoff losses the last few years.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
My son (6) was rooting for the Lightning all series, then as soon as the Avs closed it out he says "I actually wanted the Avalanche to win"

My little bandwagoner.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Can't say the best team didn't win.

*Can* say that the other dumbass carrying the Cup in getting a distinctively shit haircut too was painful

BlueJay

Oct 27, 2017
Congratulations Avalanche fans! What a great team and they dominated.

Sakic was my favourite player growing up, real happy for him.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Won it against a Florida team, then won it against the defending champs and then won it against both a Floridan team and defending champs.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
They did it!

FWTuIWE.gif

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
All of Sakic's trade deadline acquisitions made an impact on the run. Crazy feels like that does not happen often.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
My underdog Avs went 16-4 in the run. Not too shabby. 🥲🥲🥲

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Also the Avs aren't gonna bring back Kuemper right? They'll go with anyone else, correct?

I mean the Avs and their fans shouldn't give a fuck right now, but man when was the last time a team won the Cup with such weak goaltending? 2010 Hawks?

Of the guys who played at least 20 games, Kuemper was 16th in 5v5 goals saved above expected (6th all situations), between Hellebuyck and Saros. Not lights out by any means but I'm not sure where you're going to get a better starter on the Avs budget. You already traded a 1st to get him.

Oct 25, 2017
Of the guys who played at least 20 games, Kuemper was 16th in 5v5 goals saved above expected (6th all situations), between Hellebuyck and Saros. Not lights out by any means but I'm not sure where you're going to get a better starter on the Avs budget. You already traded a 1st to get him.
And in the playoffs:

Screenshot-20220626-235740.jpg

If the Avs weren't so fucking good, he would have been the reason they didn't win the Cup.

Sample size of 15 isn't much, and he did have a great regular season from like December on. But he was poor when it mattered.

I think he's worth gambling on. Maybe the success gives him more confidence for their next run. But he's a UFA and just won a Cup so we'll see how good his agent is.