• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Lots of self inflicted dumbassery from the Avs tonight. Mike Smith isn't in net so they have to realize it's a lot harder to comeback.

Jun 3, 2022
That was a wake-up call game for Colorado in the same way Game 2 was a wake-up call game for Tampa Bay.

I think both teams will be at their best in Game 4, the Avs will continue to win the offensive statistical categories and it's going to come down to whether Vasi plays lights-out enough to stop them.

Still waiting on that big MacKinnon moment, hopefully it comes in game 4.

Jun 3, 2022
Biggest question for me right now is whether Bednar chooses to start Kuemper or Frankie on Wednesday. I know you gotta dance with the one you came with, but Frankie has looked so consistently level in these playoffs the team seems to feel safer with him in net. He gave up the first shot he saw all night, but other than a late post-er he shut the Bolts down.

Last edited:

Drensch

Oct 27, 2017
The Avs knew Tampa wasn't going to shit the bed, and even though they dominated the stats, they needed to play better,

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Biggest question for me right now is whether Bednar chooses to start Kuemper or Frankie on Wednesday. I know you gotta dance with the one you came with, but Frankie has looked so consistently level in these playoffs the team seems to feel safer with him in net. He gave up the first shot he saw all night, but other than a late post-er he shut the Bolts down.

I think either is fine for G4 but if you're going to switch or switch back, do it in G5, not in an elimination G6.

It's unfortunate though that the Avs' Achilles heel is rearing its head once again. They'll need to tighten up defensively and try to grind out two more wins, because I don't think Vasi will look as porous as he did in the first two games.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017

I'm having 2011 flashbacks reading this post

Jun 3, 2022
The series is basically over after winning the first two games.

Hardly. TB is still playing a must-win in game 4. The Avalanche aren't the Rangers — you can't let these guys put up 70+ shot attempts per game and expect Vasi to bail you out for three more wins. They decisively won last night but still got outplayed for most of the game.

I think Kuemper should start game 4. If the series goes back to Colorado tied 2-2 that's when you switch to Francouz and try to jump start the team.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry I should've clarified that my post was sarcastic. It was piggybacking off the 2011 flashback by saying how some Canucks fans (and likely some media) were already crowning them champions after winning the first two games. And we all know what happened.

You can draw some parallels between the Avs and the 2011 Canucks but these Avs are healthier and possibly better at 5v5. The Canucks were running on fumes in the finals, their power play couldn't produce (assuming they got any opportunities), and while they got stellar goaltending at home they didn't show up on the road.

Oct 26, 2017

The right player won for exactly the same reason why Josi won in 2020, but this is pain.

Josi had more first place votes, but Makar cleaned up on 2nd place votes and someone didn't even put Josi on their ballot.

Last edited:

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Go look at the Matthews picture with the Hart on the TSN banner. That hairline. Proof that you truly can't have it all!

calder

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in Texas again and no lie this country is fucked sorry America how can you exist with this insanity. It's unliveable hot and still everywhere you see huge new developments of giant homes being built on every cow pasture. Madness.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in Texas again and no lie this country is fucked sorry America how can you exist with this insanity. It's unliveable hot and still everywhere you see huge new developments of giant homes being built on every cow pasture. Madness.
It's much worse on all accounts in Arizona right now. Basically every part of the US that has dry heat is exploding in population.