• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
With divisions back to normal? No. They were 18th overall in the league this year, if it had been a normal year they wouldn't have even made the playoffs. They're gonna have to make some serious moves in the off-season.
Can't compare the points standings to a normal year when there was no cross divisional play. They could have finished higher or lower with different matchups.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think that's what makes it more crushing. It'd be different if they were Colorado or the Canes or the Leafs (lol) where you knew they had many more chances in front of them. In Montreals case there are so many questions. Weber and Price still have 5(!) years left on unmovable contracts and both are going to continue to decline rapidly. So what happens in goal and on the blueline? That's probably the biggest area of concern. Up front they are a little bit younger and more versatile, but the back end looks like a scary prospect, and it won't be until 2026(!) when Weber and Prices money comes off the books that they can fully rebuild.

And mark my words, Bergevin will still be there to rebuild the team (again) in 2026.

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
The Canadiens will still be quite good next season. Right now they're playing without Tatar, Drouin, Evans, and Romanov, and I think this series would look different if Tatar and Drouin were in.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Look at Tatar's playoff numbers.....there is a reason he isn't being played. As far as Drouin, surely he is getting traded this off-season, which would be mutually beneficial. Habs entire 4th line is UFA too as is Danault. Will be an interesting off-season.

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa mayor: Lightning should lose Game 4 to win Cup at home
www.thescore.com

Tampa Mayor Jane Castor said she wants the Lightning to win the Stanley Cup on home ice, even if it means losing Game 4 to the Montreal Canadiens on the road. HOT TAKE: Mayor @JaneCastor thinks the Bolts should ditch the sweep and win the #StanleyCup in 5. What do ya think, #bolts fans? #GoBolts...

And a door opens for the Habs....

This is the most reckless thing I've ever seen a mayor do and I lived in Flint for 20 years.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
www.thescore.com

Tampa Mayor Jane Castor said she wants the Lightning to win the Stanley Cup on home ice, even if it means losing Game 4 to the Montreal Canadiens on the road. HOT TAKE: Mayor @JaneCastor thinks the Bolts should ditch the sweep and win the #StanleyCup in 5. What do ya think, #bolts fans? #GoBolts...

This is the most reckless thing I've ever seen a mayor do and I lived in Flint for 20 years.
Yeah she's dumb.

Don't open the door to a potential comeback. No mercy.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just waking up in Montreal and can't wait to get down near the BC to see the atmosphere out there.

Nov 23, 2017
For me, the 2010 comeback by the Flyers against the Bruins is probably my favorite moment from my favorite team. In that same playoff, Mike Richards with the collection of the puck in his stick with his shot over Jaroslav Halak in the Eastern Conference Finals would be my second. Coming in third would be Scott Hartnell doing the Hulk Hogan thing because of that Malkinmania dude in Pittsburgh in 2012.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
www.thescore.com

It's a well known fact that she's a fucking idiot, so this is expected.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Just saw Kivlenieks news. So terrible.

Police in Novi, Michigan, said Monday that 24-year-old Columbus Blue Jackets goaltender Matiss Kivlenieks died after hitting his head following a Fourth of July fireworks accident. Lt. Jason Meier of the Novi Police Department said a mortar-style firework tilted slightly and started to fire toward people nearby. Kivlenieks was in a hot tub and fled along with several other people, but he slipped and hit his head on concrete, Meier said. The fire department and EMTs got to the private home about 10:13 on Sunday night and took him to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead, Meier said. An autopsy is scheduled for Monday. "At the moment, we're pretty certain this was a tragic accident," Meier said.

www.espn.com

Jackets' Kivlenieks, 24, dies in fireworks accident

Blue Jackets goalie Matiss Kivlenieks has died after suffering chest trauma from an errant fireworks blast. He was 24.

Habs

Mar 10, 2021
KK is sitting??? This makes me so sad. I understand we are trying different line combinations but why has it to be him :(

Today was also his last chance to score more goals than Gretzky and Crosby before turning 21. His birthday is tomorrow.

At least Romanov is playing, hope he as phenomenal game.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
This reminds me of 2011 after Game 2 when some people wanted the Canucks to lose a game in Boston so they could win the Cup at home. I bet they said the same thing after Game 5.

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like the firework was the cause of death. Still awful either way. RIP
Was running away from the fireworks and slipped:
Kivlenieks was in a hot tub and fled along with several other people, but he slipped and hit his head on concrete, Meier said.

This reminds me of 2011 after Game 2 when some people wanted the Canucks to lose a game in Boston so they could win the Cup at home. I bet they said the same thing after Game 5.
Back in 2011,round 1, I had tickets to game 5. Problem was the Canucks went up 3-0 in the series. I half-jokingly mentioned on Facebook that they should lose Game 4 so that I can see them win at home. This upset some people.

Canucks then lost game 4 (7-2)! Yikes... but great!
Then I witnessed them get destroyed 5-0 in game 5
Then they lost game 6, too

Don't tempt fate, basically

Last edited:

SCHUEY 117

Oct 25, 2017
Was running away from the fireworks and slipped:

Back in 2011,round 1, I had tickets to game 5. Problem was the Canucks went up 3-0 in the series. I half-jokingly mentioned on Facebook that they should lose Game 4 so that I can see them win at home. This upset some people.

Canucks then lost game 4 (7-2)! Yikes... but great!
Then I witnessed them get destroyed 5-0 in game 5
Then they lost game 6, too

Don't tempt fate, basically

A medical examiner in Michigan says an autopsy has determined that Columbus Blue Jackets goaltender Matiss Kivlenieks died of chest trauma from an errant fireworks mortar blast, and not a fall as authorities previously reported.

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for providing a quote. Seemed like you were just misinterpreting the original story. I see that ESPN updated their article even though the embed still refers to a fireworks related fall

Fireworks can be so fucking dangerous. Unreal.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Have fun tonight, Solo . And go Lightning go!

Tragic. So preventable.

Wife and I were just talking this morning about maybe getting our daughter to stop running inside. Stuff like this doesn't help my anxiety.
Enjoy your time Solo. ❤

bitch ass habs fan

Thanks guys! It's a fucking gorgeous day in Montreal day, +25 feels like 30, pure sun. We are heading down in another couple hours, pretty pumped. Hit me with all that salt, win or lose!

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
www.thescore.com

She also commented on letting Tampa Bay share the Rays with Montreal. She's useless and shouldn't comment on these sensitive issues.