• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Crossing my fingers, toes and all that Isles go through tomorrow, would be a great final with 2 surprise packs.

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder when watching the Piss Knights fizzle out will get old

Four years and it's still just as hilarious as their first choke

Can you imagine how guys like Perry and Staal, who are former Stanley Cup winners but years and years ago, feel about these seemingly short-term stints in Montreal at the end of their careers turn into another Cup run?

And of course, guys like Price and Weber finally make it to the Final.

And then there's all the young guns, for whom this will hopefully be just the first appearance.

Vapelord

Oct 27, 2017
Montreal
Wooooooooooo
McyAdV.gif
McyAdV.gif
McyAdV.gif

fallout

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats Habs fans!

That's incredible, grats to the Habs fans. I'm mostly happy it ended on a nice goal... and Vegas losing is still amusing.

Bonus: we can now pretend the second round loss wasn't a shameful no-show against another fraudulent team! Apparently, we were edged out by a future dynasty!
Wait wait wait. The Jets played the Habs?

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Man, that montreal crowd was moving like a scene in a zombie movie at the end there. Wonder what was going on

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017
Good series, Rivenblade .

WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYY SHIT!! I lost my MIND (and admittedly cried a little bit)!! I haven't felt this since '93!!!

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Good series, Rivenblade .

WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYY SHIT!! I lost my MIND (and admittedly cried a little bit)!! I haven't felt this since '93!!!

Oh, I'm not a Vegas fan. LOL I was just cheering for Fleury. I'm a Pens fan. I hope the Islanders beat the Lightning so I can feel a little better about the Pens' playoffs.

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, I'm not a Vegas fan. LOL I was just cheering for Fleury. I'm a Pens fan. I hope the Islanders beat the Lightning so I can feel a little better about the Pens' playoffs.

Oh, hahaha my bad. I like MAF too... think he was screwed out of starts during the series.

He played the entire series like he didn't have a stick, it was baffling. Either he was somehow super hurt in a way that wasn't readily apparent or the Habs were just a bit too fast for him to play his game.
Cassie Campbell said during the 2nd intermission that the way he was playing, it seemed like he was hurting. I totally believe it.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to Habs fans here. This is the run the Sens should have had in 2017.

Honestly, this is the run the Jets deserved but MAF played one week of fluke-ass perfection. But hell, the Habs definitely deserve this one, sure Price was the best player on the ice but the teams were extremely close and Ducharme (eventually) made the right calls by playing his young talent and taking a chance. Hopefully every coach in the league considers that next year ;P

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
He played the entire series like he didn't have a stick, it was baffling. Either he was somehow super hurt in a way that wasn't readily apparent or the Habs were just a bit too fast for him to play his game.
I could see both. On one hand, Stone was big in the first two rounds and he's noticeable on both sides of the puck. He seemed absent on either.

On the other hand, VGK forwards shit the bed as a whole. Their defensemen were responsible for a large amount of their scoring.