• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The guy who reffed the last two Montreal-Vegas games. And I'm using "reffed" very loosely here, because you can't really call it that.
Oh cool, so tomorrow's game will be full of all kinds of nonsense.

Still have the Habs in 6 but that's not a good sign.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A few elements at play:
  • A small percentage of players start their careers as young as Kotkaniemi did and even fewer that then make the playoffs in consecutive seasons (covid has helped the Habs)
  • He's shooting 27% over two playoff seasons
  • He's otherwise shooting 8% in his career
  • He has 2 assists to his 9 goals (🤔)
Could be that he's a playoff performer, but more likely he just happens to be getting his bounces in playoff games.

Or maybe he's better than Gretzky?

History will be made and facts are facts.
If there was anything I learned from 1994 and 2011, it's that your joy of watching a full Cup run is null and void if it doesn't result in a Cup. Those positive moments may as well have not happened. So, better hope they beat Tampa or you'll have absolutely nothing but pain to take away from this!

I can always count on you to fill me with simmering optimism and a positive outlook, Soc!

calder

Oct 25, 2017
If there was anything I learned from 1994 and 2011, it's that your joy of watching a full Cup run is null and void if it doesn't result in a Cup. Those positive moments may as well have not happened. So, better hope they beat Tampa or you'll have absolutely nothing but pain to take away from this!

As any fan of a team that has won more than 5 Cups (ie, a fan of a real team) could tell you, anything less that utter victory is meaningless and to even suggest you might derive some satisfaction from it should be dismissed as the naïve weakness of small children.

Occasionally I'll think back with something like fondness for beating the hated Predators and making it to the conference finals or coming back from down 3 in the third against the hated Oilers to win in OT but then I snap out of it and admit that all of that is like ash in my mouth.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Good on the Snet broadcast for going back and finding the A++++ crosscheck to the ribs Kucherov took a shift before the minor collision with Barzal.

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, don't know why but it JUST donned on me that Vegas is the only Western team left. We could have an all East finals (hopefully)!

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting unbelievably fucked up Friday night, I'm not gonna be able to handle it. What a game.

LET'S GOOOOOOO

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Clean slate, a dozen excellent coaching options, a near perfect situation for any potential coach... and that's who they picked? Huh.

source.gif

megachao24

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle wants to tank for prospects already and then ruin them with Hakstol's god-awful coaching.

Bold move cotton.

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like it's Lehner. I'm nervous for tonight, lol. May actually tear up if the Habs can pull it off.

I'm sure the Knights are going to come out guns blazing, now that their backs are against the wall, so this will be a hard-fought game.

I'm going to miss the first period as I had already bought an advance ticket for F9. It will be a dramatic first look at my phone once it's over.