• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Just wow. Can't believe it. The state of the Leafs and the state of Leafs nation. Brrrrrrrrrrutal. My sympathies to the good Leafs folks in this community. I don't know what to say.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus what do the leafs even do. I mean they can trade people but what do they expect to get. Marner's contact looks like trash with this performance even if the paid amount is super low. Every team is just going to low ball them with everyone.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hahahaha I don't know how I'll sleep tonight. Too much temptation to read the Leafs fans meltdowns and the piping hot takes.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
M9AG8.gif
M9AG8.gif

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Third round matchups set West versus North, East versus Central.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
#LeafsForever

Forever until they have any chance.

I've watched the Jays win. I've watched the Raptors win. Even TFC has won. No hope for the Leafs.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Leafs even sound gutless in their interviews

Shame that Dopey etc have forsaken us and robbed us of the salt!

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
I let a big ooof when the series started because we played the Leafs,they dominated us all season and had what,a 18 points lead on us by the end of the season,I thought Montreal would win one,if not a sweep by Toronto...

Go Habs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Intraxidance

Oct 25, 2017
As a Bruins fan it felt dirty today rooting for the Habs, but seeing the Maple Leafs blow it again is just beautiful. And it killed HFBoards for awhile!

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah you can't really pin the loss on Tavares being injured. Losing Muzzin was a blow as well, but that's what depth is for.

It has to be mental at this point. How can they be in total control of the series going up 3-1, and then lose 3 in a row. The Habs scored first in all of them after scoring 4 goals in the first 4 games. They had to play catchup from multiple goal deficits, and couldn't even muster a goal in Game 7 until garbage time.

New coach, new goalie, new players, and nothing has worked. How long before they start looking at their core, the guys who are dynamite in the regular season but a no show in the playoffs?

This was their best chance to win a weak division and they couldn't even get out of the first round.

Last edited:

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As a Habs fans, discussing the Leafs burning it all down has me feverishly stroking it, but in reality I think they won't make wholesale changes....yet. Maybe Shanahan or Dubas or Keefe gets the boot, and maybe they look at moving one of their core, but I suspect they'll give this group one more (final) shot before blowing it up.

Pretty wild (and hilarious) they they've now wasted 5 years of this core's prime on first round flare outs.

Culgan

Oct 27, 2017
Stoked with the habs win. I thought the leafs would take it in 6 but felt good going into game 7 with the heavy pressure being on the leafs.

Feel for Spezza though, I thought he had a great series.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Who even do the Leafs move from their core? I'd argue that Nylanders value has skyrocketed this year, Matthews is a piggy franchise player, and Marner is good for 70+ points. Would be hard to move on from any of them, but the playoff results kinda demand it.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Who even do the Leafs move from their core? I'd argue that Nylanders value has skyrocketed this year, Matthews is a piggy franchise player, and Marner is good for 70+ points. Would be hard to move on from any of them, but the playoff results kinda demand it.

Get rid of Marner. Arguably also Tavares.