• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I want to apologize to you all for my "cold brewski" cracks that I made. My intention was to make a generally farcical joke about the sitcom trope of settling in with a beer for "the game," and wasn't at all connected to the actual circumstances and COVID protocol. But the connection just occurred to me only now, and made me realize that was really shitty to say. I'm sorry I did that.
.... what post are you referring to?

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
I want to apologize to you all for my "Matthews is good I'd say" cracks that I made. My intention was to make a generally farcical joke about the sitcom trope of jeering a fellow fan for something they said about "the game," and wasn't at all connected to the actual circumstances and COVID protocol. But the connection just occurred to me only now, and made me realize that was really shitty to say. I'm sorry I did that.

Edit oh wow I didn't think you were genuine. My bad. I'll leave this up as my shame >_< /salute

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
I want to apologize to you all for my "Matthews is good I'd say" cracks that I made. My intention was to make a generally farcical joke about the sitcom trope of jeering a fellow fan for something they said about "the game," and wasn't at all connected to the actual circumstances and COVID protocol. But the connection just occurred to me only now, and made me realize that was really shitty to say. I'm sorry I did that.

Edit oh wow I didn't think you were genuine. My bad. I'll leave this up as my shame >_< /salute

Just unreal, I'd say.

Matthews is pretty good I'd say

Good guy though?

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
these schedules im looking at cant be right... Blues plays Wild four times back to back to back to back from friday to monday?

and Montreal plays SIX straight days from the 19th onwards, 3 vs EDM and 3 vs CGY.

no effin' way?

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
these schedules im looking at cant be right... Blues plays Wild four times back to back to back to back from friday to monday?

and Montreal plays SIX straight days from the 19th onwards, 3 vs EDM and 3 vs CGY.

no effin' way?

The schedules are all sorts of fucked. Avs haven't had more than a day between games since the outdoor game and that continues through the end of the season. And because the Wild/Avs had the covid break, the majority of the Blues' schedule is against the Avs, Wild and VGK.

Jachaos

Oct 25, 2017

no effin' way?

Where are you seeing this? I don't see the Wild playing on Sunday, so they're doing FRI-SAT-MON. And Montreal isn't playing more than back-to-backs either from what I'm seeing.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
nvm, i used a Finnish website that is usually 100% correct and they had those crazy schedules up all day, thought it had to be correct... but now they've fixed it.

too bad, it would have been interesting to see how many Habs were still in one piece after 6 consecutive games lol.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Pens down 3-1 to the Rags. Time for a classic Pens losing streak after looking like they know what they're doing for a while.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
7sWGzrO.gif

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Scheduling might get crazy if there are postponed games close to season end. Some teams might not be able to get their season complete.

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be interested to see how Hall's plan works out after this season. It would be kind of cool if more players tried it too.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I would like to hope that his time with Buffalo doesn't hurt his value after this season. Everyone here was horrible this season.

Oct 25, 2017
You aren't wrong. I just feel bad for the guy. Such highs and lows over such a brief career so far.
High* and lows

Also this is his 11th NHL season.

Also he *chose* Buffalo when he could have gotten a lower AAV but for more years elsewhere. Unforced error.

Also from his own mouth:

"Just in Edmonton, I really didn't want to talk to coaches. I didn't really want to have dialogue with coaches. I just wanted to play. And a lot of guys are like that."
Any notion that those days are entirely behind him... I meet with skepticism.

I don't feel sorry for the guy, personally. I'm sure Sabres fans have a soft spot for him, though.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
4 points each for Connor and Leon. Ottawa played good though. They're not pushovers anymore.

Silex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Best quote from the Chris Neil interview is what he said to Guy Boucher in 2017 after he told him he was going into the lineup for the first time in playoffs: "You haven't spoken to me in 3 months, don't start now."

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Still curious to see the blue jacket organization over the next year. Has to be some shake up before this season?

Boone out with a broken finger for 6 weeks. Dodging as much season as possible?