• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

megachao24

Oct 25, 2017
Stars win!

Happy_Ichigo.gif

Oct 25, 2017
I would assume that there must be something the Jets want the BJs to include but are not willing to?
100%
lmao...

Stars are BACK BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Is it gonna be split duty between Bishop and Khudobin?
I'm sorry, but why is there anime in a hockey thread?
There is an implicit agreement between NHL-anime-Era and NHL-normies-Era that the anime celebrations may continue provided they are discreet and out of sight

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
I guess I need to start working out not during the 2nd period. Shit last night, somehow worse tonight.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Saw that being called a penalty shot a mile away.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
We won a 3 on 3 OT (which is still absolute trash fuck you NHL).

calder

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even know what to think about these Laine/PLD rumours.

Ok that's part of what I think lol.

Oct 26, 2017
If anything, I needed the Preds to get squashed by a real team, because I was coming dangerously close to thinking that they would be able to scrape by in a shitty division.

My expectations are back to where they need to be.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Laine playing for Torts? Unless JK is planning on firing Torts, trading for Laine to play for him would be disastrous.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My immediate reaction is this is maybe the rare trade where.....both teams lose? Like, I can't see PLD signing in Canadian Columbus long term, and Laine and Torts will get along like fire and paper.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or did Blowjobs fleece the Jets here.

I have a hard time trading Laine for Dubois straight up but to give them Roslovic on top of that lol.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or did Blowjobs fleece the Jets here.

I have a hard time trading Laine for Dubois straight up but to give them Roslovic on top of that lol.

If Laine somehow works for Torts or they fire Torts, then yep ill be in agreement. As it stands now I dont like it much for either team. PLD will still be an RFA after next season but since we already know he has no issue being a shithead, he'll probably do whatever he can do turn UFA ASAP and bolt for sunnier pastures.

Oct 26, 2017
I have to think that the Jackets won't have any choice but to can Torts if/when he starts drama with another high-end player.

Looks lopsided for now, but as always we'll have to see how things play out.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Initial reaction is a good trade for both sides. PLD solves the Jets' 2C problem. His family ties to Manitoba could convince him to stay.

Columbus gets an elite goal scorer in Laine. Again, if he stays that's a good return, even if the BJs are considerably weaker down the middle.

Laine is arguably the better player but in a league that values centres over wingers it evens out.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Laine was pissed that he didn't get to play with Winnipeg's best center so he got traded to a team with no good centers and Dubois wanted a bigger stage and market so he got traded to... Winnipeg.

Gotta love a deal with two players who wanted trades where neither gets what they want.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't decide. Neither player seems like a fit long term without changes, but a top two centred by Scheifele and PLD, and Helle backstopping? Jets looking pretty good from that angle...

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Laine was pissed that he didn't get to play with Winnipeg's best center so he got traded to a team with no good centers and Dubois wanted a bigger stage and market so he got traded to... Winnipeg.

Gotta love a deal with two players who wanted trades where neither gets what they want.

How much does PLD love his dad? lol

His dad works for the Moose so that might make him be more ok to stick around in Winnipeg. Also I read his Wikipedia, if it's to be believed, his mom is from Atlanta, GA. So I find that amusing since Jets 2.0 were the Thrashers originally. lol

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Interesting.

PLD would listen and play a game, get praised and then disappoint again. Rinse and repeat.

I don't know much about Laine attitude, just that he can score. And the Jackets have struggled with getting goals, so he could help.