• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa is 1hourand30 minutes away from MTL though.

We can give our two busts at center, Colin White & Logan Brown.

Oct 25, 2017
A small snip to add to the McDavid conversation from The Athletic's Top 100 article:

I think there is at least some additional reasoning outside of just saying McDavid is shit defensively. There is still the question of floatyness, mistakes and miscues, and he's not Bergeron in the two-way game by any means, but there's enough reasons to wonder (as backward as it sounds) if there is a systematic reason to this.
There can be contributing reasons, for sure, but he did end up as literally "one of the worst" and advanced stats that isolate also show his poor defensive game.

I strongly suspect McDavid accepts risk in order to drive more offensively. I think he's capable of being a better defensive player, but he's favouring the other end of the ice. That comes with consequences.

Don't know if I'd deal Suzuki for PLD. Suzuki may have more upside if he keeps going like he is. I feel like he's our best forward prospect (not really a prospect since he's in year 2 in the league, I know).

Something around Kotkaniemi and PLD could be interesting though.
This is why these sorts of trades often fall apart. The asset required to make the trade happen is too precious to the organization. But Suzuki+ would be fair value, and 'potential' is an unknown. Pivot to Kotkaniemi and CBJ hangs up the phone. :)

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
McDavid is fine defensively. He's so quick he can get back fast and pick your pocket. What he needs to improve is faceoffs. That's his weakness.
I think Draisaitl is worse defensively. He's a real risk taker and gets out of position a lot. It's something he can improve though, and he's big enough to play physical if need be.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
I was going to say Winnipeg for PLD since supposedly his dad works for the Moose. But the Jets already have Stasny, so I'm guessing that's no.

Oct 25, 2017
McDavid is fine defensively. He's so quick he can get back fast and pick your pocket. What he needs to improve is faceoffs. That's his weakness.
He's not fine defensively, though. This has been clearly demonstrated over the last page! 🤔

He's so quick he can get back fast and pick your pocket.

l3pamw7km8b61.jpg

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is why these sorts of trades often fall apart. The asset required to make the trade happen is too precious to the organization. But Suzuki+ would be fair value, and 'potential' is an unknown. Pivot to Kotkaniemi and CBJ hangs up the phone. :)

Perhaps! I think probably the only 3 players in the whole Habs organization Bergevin wouldn't make available are Suzuki, Romanov and Anderson. I'd love to see if we could ever flip Danault for something decent.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Kreider-Zibanejad-Buchnevich
Panarin-Strome-Kakko
Lafreniere-Chytil-Gauthier
Lemieux-Rooney-Howden

Miller-Trouba
Lindgren-Fox
Johnson-DeAngelo

Shesterkin

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
I think Draisaitl is worse defensively.

Except that he doesn't or has the desire to. That's the problem. Everyone knows he's more than capable.

At least you see Draisaitl behind the goalie and covering the slot once in a while unlike Mcjesus who's just floating and not engaging, waiting for the puck to come back to him.

Edit: fucking love shitting on mcjesus. is this how people felt when they shat on Norissons defense?

Last edited:

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
Jack Johnson takes a penalty less than 2 minutes into the season lol

And it costs them a goal lol

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Why won't fantasy let me drop/add a player that's already played today? I thought trades only take effect the next day anyway so why would that matter. Oh well.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Well... at least we didn't allow the first goal on the first shot. It was the 2nd shot this time! Thinks are looking up!

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
McDavid plays 20+ minutes a night and his icetime ranks near the top of the league for forwards. You want him scoring, and you also don't want him tiring himself out on the backcheck. I think it's those reasons that the coach probably looks the other way when it comes to his defensive game. If a coach came in and told McDavid to win a Selke in 17 minutes a night, he could excel at it though!

I was going to say Winnipeg for PLD since supposedly his dad works for the Moose. But the Jets already have Stasny, so I'm guessing that's no.

Stastny is 30 something and a stopgap. PLD is 22 and along with Scheifele would solve all of the Jets' problems at centre for years.

Reven

Oct 25, 2017
Off to a good start. Glad to see Brad putting the A to work.

I'm curious, is fighting disallowed or discouraged this season? Can't recall much of any during the bubble and didn't see any in the 2 games I watched.

Oct 25, 2017
Commentators witness McDavid in the vicinity of RNH making a good check on Pettersson.... praise McDavid (???)... and then spend the next minute discussing how he's worked on his defensive game during the offseason 😆

No wonder Oilers fans think his defensive game is fine!

Oh and Edler should not be on the ice at the same time as McDavid

Also, he should probably retire